A little something for the "Older Generation" here at EOG..

BSims

EOG Addicted
Re: A little something for the "Older Generation" here at EOG..

Unfortunately, it's all real to me. I like it, but it makes me kind of sad. I'd go back 50 years if I could and do it over (kind of like to take my knowledge with me).

BSims

EOG Addicted

By the way, a few years back I was heading home from St Paul MN and decided to drive through Iowa. Just over the state line, I stopped at a welcome center and realized I was a short way from where the plane with Buddy Holly went down.

So I decided to follow the directions on how to get to the site. Which included looking for 3 silos (I'm not kidding). I found the fence row and decided to walk the half mile back to the site.

The fields had been plowed and were partially frozen and muddy. About half way there, I fell. I'm old, fat, and have two artificial knees. I figured there was no reason to add another dead body to the fence row. So I decided it was close enough and turned around. Managed to get back to my car, popped a Buddy Holly tape in, and enjoyed the ride home.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

1955 was my first days. Brings back memories.

Marty Robbins- A hell of a race car drive and a smooth voice!

The Devil

EOG Master

I GUESS I AM NOT SENILE YET......I REMEMNERED ALL OF THAT.........

I only got to the page with the comic books, but couldn't go any further... for now. Just give me a little while. Every time I see such comics depicted anywhere, I have all these bad thoughts returning about my mom (93 now) going through my mind, and I don't want to have those thoughts.

Yep, you guessed it. I had this pristine and LARGE comic book collection which she threw away after I'd been away from home a few years.