If Bush had attacked terrorism like Clinton did!!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Measures taken by the Clinton administration to thwart international terrorism and bin Laden's network were historic, unprecedented and, sadly, not followed up on. Consider the steps offered by Clinton's 1996 omnibus anti-terror legislation, the pricetag for which stood at $1.097 billion. The following is a partial list of the initiatives offered by the Clinton anti-terrorism bill:[/FONT][/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [*]Screen Checked Baggage: $91.1 million
    [*]Screen Carry-On Baggage: $37.8 million
    [*]Passenger Profiling: $10 million
    [*]Screener Training: $5.3 million
    [*]Screen Passengers (portals) and Document Scanners: $1 million
    [*]Deploying Existing Technology to Inspect International Air Cargo: $31.4
    million
    [*]Provide Additional Air/Counterterrorism Security: $26.6 million
    [*]Explosives Detection Training: $1.8 million
    [*]Augment FAA Security Research: $20 million
    [*]Customs Service: Explosives and Radiation Detection Equipment at Ports: $2.2 million
    [*]Anti-Terrorism Assistance to Foreign Governments: $2 million
    [*]Capacity to Collect and Assemble Explosives Data: $2.1 million
    [*]Improve Domestic Intelligence: $38.9 million
    [*]Critical Incident Response Teams for Post-Blast Deployment: $7.2 million
    [*]Additional Security for Federal Facilities: $6.7 million
    [*]Firefighter/Emergency Services Financial Assistance: $2.7 million
    [*]Public Building and Museum Security: $7.3 million
    [*]Improve Technology to Prevent Nuclear Smuggling: $8 million
    [*]Critical Incident Response Facility: $2 million
    [*]Counter-Terrorism Fund: $35 million
    [*]Explosives Intelligence and Support Systems: $14.2 million
    [*]Office of Emergency Preparedness: $5.8 million
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] The Clinton administration poured more than a billion dollars into counterterrorism activities across the entire spectrum of the intelligence community, into the protection of critical infrastructure, into massive federal stockpiling of antidotes and vaccines to prepare for a possible bioterror attack, into a reorganization of the intelligence community itself.[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Clinton's dire public warnings about the threat posed by terrorism, and the actions taken to thwart it, went completely unreported by the media, which was far more concerned with stained dresses and baseless Drudge Report rumors. When the administration did act militarily against bin Laden and his terrorist network, the actions were dismissed by partisans within the media and Congress as scandalous "wag the dog" tactics. The news networks actually broadcast clips of the movie "Wag the Dog" while reporting on his warnings, to accentuate the idea that everything the administration said was contrived fakery.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] In Congress, Clinton was thwarted by the reactionary conservative majority in virtually every attempt he made to pass legislation that would attack al-Qaeda and terrorism. His 1996 omnibus terror bill, which included many of the anti-terror measures we now take for granted after September 11, was withered almost to the point of uselessness by attacks from the right; Senators Jesse Helms and Trent Lott were openly dismissive of the threats Clinton spoke of.[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Specifically, Clinton wanted to attack the financial underpinnings of the al-Qaeda network by banning American companies and individuals from dealing with foreign banks and financial institutions that al-Qaeda was using for its money-laundering operations. Texas Senator Phil Gramm, chairman of the Banking Committee, gutted the portions of Clinton's bill dealing with this matter, calling them "totalitarian."[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] In fact, Gramm was compelled to kill the bill because his most devoted patrons, the Enron Corporation and its criminal executives in Houston, were using those same terrorist financial networks to launder their own dirty money and rip off the Enron stockholders. It should also be noted that Gramm's wife, Wendy, sat on the Enron Board of Directors.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] Just before departing office, Clinton managed to make a deal with the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development to have some twenty nations close tax havens used by al-Qaeda. His term ended before the deal was sealed, and the incoming Bush administration acted immediately to destroy the agreement.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] According to Time magazine, in an article entitled "Banking on Secrecy" published in October of 2001, Bush economic advisors Larry Lindsey and R. Glenn Hubbard were urged by think tanks like the Center for Freedom and Prosperity to opt out of the coalition Clinton had formed. The conservative Heritage Foundation lobbied Bush's Treasury Secretary, Paul O'Neill, to do the same.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

jcjiked7

EOG Member
Re: If Bush had attacked terrorism like Clinton did!!

Droolings from a source so obscure or controversial , that you failed to enlighten us with where all this great information came from.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The Right is:

A) Dumb
B) Lazy
C) Think that unless Hannity confirms the info it cant be correct

DO YOU FLAPPIN HOMEWORK .....

jcjiked7

EOG Member

Hey thanks for citing your source. Oh, wait.. you still didn't say who wrote this. You are calling the wrong guy dumb, lazy or a blind follower of Fox news. Might want to bone up on your debating skills with me, I am not some patsy who calls people names instead of making a point.

S

stucco43

Hey thanks for citing your source. Oh, wait.. you still didn't say who wrote this. You are calling the wrong guy dumb, lazy or a blind follower of Fox news. Might want to bone up on your debating skills with me, I am not some patsy who calls people names instead of making a point.
and your point is? you dont seem to smart....
hope you are better with moneylines...

jcjiked7

EOG Member

Thats right Stucco back that horse. He's a real winner:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

S

stucco43

Thats right Stucco back that horse. He's a real winner:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO
back who? G.W.Bush? New World Order, NAU, no more USA...
or believe 911 is a scam...
i think i will take door 2....
go sell your story to someone that cares.....
but anyway welcome J-DOG to the long line of jackass whores forming...get inline behind OSCAR AND dont look up just sniff his ass for direction...

jcjiked7

EOG Member

I really have to do research on the cut and pastes that you do? Tell me the source I'll look it up.

Stucco the horse I was refering to, if you really need directions this badly, is DOC. I'll try typing slower so you can keep up.