!!MadCapper's Opening Day Play!!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Well the "REAL" season is finally upon us.....

All my plays will range from 1 unit to 3 units.

Each unit equals laying 100 dollars on the underdog and winning 100 dollars on the favorite.

Ie: Rangers -117 (1 unit) = Laying $117 to win $100
Ie: Blue Jays -134 (2 units) = Laying $268 on the Jays to win $200
Ie: Royals +186 (3 units) = Laying $300 on the Royals to win $558

Understood?

I will keep track of my record the entire season (fingers crossed). I will keep track of it using the actual units wagered and also each wager as a 1 unit play.

Sunday, Opening Night!

Mets/Cardinals OVER 7.5 -107 (2 units) (The line is from Pinnacle. -- I will be playing the OVER 7.5 when 5dimes, BetJamaica, or TheGreek put out the official opening day lines.)

There is absolutely no value in the Cardinals at -145. Even though I think they should win, I will not buy into that line. Maybe in May or June. But not on opening night coming off their WS win. Too many external forces on this one.

As for my play. I tend to bet on the 'OVER's with such a short total during the first 2 weeks of the season regardless of who is on the hill. Especially when the lineups for both teams can put up alot of runs. I think pitchers, even the best, are still rusty in the early portion of the season. We have witnessed in previous years how the best pitcher in baseball, Johan Santana has struggled early. I have seen Roy Halladay and Curt Schilling struggle in April. If the total would be 8.5, I would most likely stay away from this game altogether. But at 7.5, the OVER is a play for me.

Good Luck To Everyone.

Let The Games Begin!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: !!MadCapper's Opening Day Play!!

Good to hear Jake. Always good to be on the same side as you. Just like our opinions of Kobe.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Even though it was a successful ex season I am happy to see the real games coming.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Monday, Opening Day (2)

Lines taken from 5dimes or TheGreek.

Blue Jays -109 (2 units)
Orioles +1.5 +100 (2 units)
Angels -138 (2 units)

I will have post my writeups on either Friday or Sunday.

I really feel these lines will move in my favor. So jump in early.

Mr. Madcapper-

Will you be using this thread for the whole season or starting a new one for each day? Just wondering so I can follow along.

Also, I understand all of your betting amounts in terms of units but when you do an over/under will you be betting it to win $100?

Thanks and BOL to ya:dancefool :cheers

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

Mr. Madcapper-

Will you be using this thread for the whole season or starting a new one for each day? Just wondering so I can follow along.

Also, I understand all of your betting amounts in terms of units but when you do an over/under will you be betting it to win $100?

Thanks and BOL to ya:dancefool :cheers
I wil have a new thread everyday.

Each wager is $100 to a unit.

Totals same as sides.

Hit em!

BOBBYW

EOG Dedicated

MC......

YOU HAVE TEX-117 AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD FOR OPENING DAY AND THEN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE THREAD YOU TOOK THE ANGELS-138.....THEY PLAY EACH OTHER

THANX FOR THE PLAYS AND GLTY.....

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

MC......

YOU HAVE TEX-117 AT THE TOP OF THE THREAD FOR OPENING DAY AND THEN AT THE BOTTOM OF THE THREAD YOU TOOK THE ANGELS-138.....THEY PLAY EACH OTHER

THANX FOR THE PLAYS AND GLTY.....

Bobby,

The top of the thread things were example of how my wagering works.

Not actual plays.

:houra

kelp0027

EOG Dedicated

when you play favs; you lay odds;

when you play underdogs; you take odds..>>

it hurts to hear you state your wagers; esp the K.C. bet..

gl:cocktail

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

when you play favs; you lay odds;

when you play underdogs; you take odds..>>

it hurts to hear you state your wagers; esp the K.C. bet..

gl:cocktail

Come on man. I explained it. Those arent my wagers. Those are exmaples of how I will be betting. My wagers are clearly stated in this thread.

I'm hoping you'll update your record everyday? Thanks brah.....Oh and I agree, your picks are clearly stated here

krh7

EOG Member

Come on man. I explained it. Those arent my wagers. Those are exmaples of how I will be betting. My wagers are clearly stated in this thread.

fyi: "ie" means therefore. you should use "eg" which means for example.

yoooooooo! just wanted wish you luck this season! and give props for taking care of that other thing!!

now you gotta lot more creditability!:cheers

:+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

yoooooooo! just wanted wish you luck this season! and give props for taking care of that other thing!!

now you gotta lot more creditability!:cheers

:+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a :+signs8-a

Thanx buddy. But I didnt take care of it to restore my credibility. I took care of it because it was the right thing to do.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

OK. Sticking with that one play for tonight.

Lets get the season started off right.

Good luck all and have a great season!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

I am not happy to be against Bucfan67 with my first play of the '07 season.

Hopefully he goes 2-1 and loses the total.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

The total moved up to 8 across the board. I guess its good we got in early.

over all the way, i also agree its too soon to be laying 140

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

<TABLE class=yspcontent cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=974 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=660><SCRIPT language=JavaScript> var refreshFlag = false </SCRIPT><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7></TD></TR><TR><TD class=yspsctnhdln>NY Mets at St. Louis </TD></TR><TR><TD height=7></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>Preview - Box Score - Recap

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR align=middle><TD> (0-0)
</TD><TD width=370><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=1 width=345 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=ysptblbdr2><TABLE class=ysptblclbg3 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblbdr2><TD colSpan=6 height=1></TD></TR><TR align=middle bgColor=#dedec6><TD class=ysptblbdr2 rowSpan=5><SPACER type="block" height="1" width="1"></TD><TD width=10 height=18></TD><TD width=270></TD><TD class=yspwhitebg rowSpan=5><SPACER type="block" height="1" width="1"></TD><TD class=yspscores width=100></TD><TD class=ysptblbdr2 rowSpan=5><SPACER type="block" height="1" width="1"></TD></TR><TR class=yspwhitebg><TD colSpan=4 height=1></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblclbg5 align=middle><TD width=10 height=23></TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>NY Mets 0-0 (Road: 0-0) </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>8:05pm ET </TD></TR><TR class=yspwhitebg><TD colSpan=3></TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6></TD></TR><TR class=ysptblclbg5 align=middle><TD width=10 height=23></TD><TD class=yspscores align=left>St. Louis 0-0 (Home: 0-0) </TD><TD class=ysptblclbg6 align=right>ESN2 </TD></TR><TR class=ysptblbdr2><TD colSpan=6 height=1></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD><TD> (0-0)
</TD></TR><TR><TD colSpan=3 height=7></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><STYLE type=text/css>/*main page-toggle tabs*/#yspMainContent tr.yspsctbg {background-color:#999999;}.yspTabActive {background-image:url(http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/gr/triangle_1.gif);background-position:top right; background-repeat: no-repeat;color:#fff;}.yspTabGroup td {padding:4px 10px;font:bold 10px Verdana; white-space:nowrap;}.yspTabGroup td.yspTabPadded {padding:0 0 0 10px;}.yspTabGroup td.yspTabMore {text-align:right;padding-right:5px;}.yspmlbondeck {background-color: #f0f0f0; }.yspmlbondeck td {border-bottom:1px solid #fff; }.yspplaytext { font: 10px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; padding: 1 1 1 1px;}.yspscoretext { font: bold 10px Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#328617; padding: 1 1 1 1px; }td.yspscored {font-weight:bold; color:#328617;}</STYLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=7></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=10 height=18> NY Mets</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody2 align=right><TD width="22%" height=18> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">AB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">RBI</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">LOB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="16%" colSpan=2>Season Avg </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>J. Reyes ss</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>P. Lo Duca c</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>C. Beltran cf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>C. Delgado 1b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>D. Wright 3b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>M. Alou lf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>S. Green rf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>J. Valentin 2b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>T. Glavine p</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR align=right><TD align=left> Totals</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=10></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=10 height=18> St. Louis</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody2 align=right><TD width="22%" height=18> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">AB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">RBI</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="8%">LOB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="16%" colSpan=2>Season Avg </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>D. Eckstein ss</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>P. Wilson rf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>A. Pujols 1b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>S. Rolen 3b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>Y. Molina c</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>J. Edmonds cf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>S. Taguchi lf</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow2 align=right><TD align=left>A. Kennedy 2b</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>C. Carpenter p</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>.000</TD><TD width=9></TD></TR><TR align=right><TD align=left> Totals</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD colSpan=2> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD height=17></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=560 border=0><TBODY><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=10 height=19> NY Mets</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody2 align=right><TD width="32%" height=18> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">IP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">ER</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">HR</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="19%" colSpan=2>Season ERA </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>T. Glavine </TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>NA</TD><TD width=8></TD></TR><TR><TD height=10></TD></TR><TR class=yspsctbg><TD class=ysptblhdr colSpan=10 height=19> St. Louis</TD></TR><TR class=ysptblthbody2 align=right><TD width="32%" height=18> </TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">IP</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">H</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">R</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">ER</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">BB</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">K</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="7%">HR</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl width="19%" colSpan=2>Season ERA </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD align=left>C. Carpenter </TD><TD>0.0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>NA</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>