Clinton, Obama: Homosexuality 'Not Immoral'

Sens. Hillary Clinton (D-N.Y.) and Barack Obama (D-Ill.) responded on Thursday to Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Peter Pace's comments that homosexual behavior is "immoral," but only after they were criticized for failing to do so by a homosexual advocacy group.

"Well, I've heard from a number of my friends, and I've certainly clarified with them any misunderstanding that anyone had, because I disagree with General Pace completely," Clinton told Bloomberg News. "I do not think homosexuality is immoral."

Also on Thursday, Obama released a statement on the issue. "I do not agree with General Pace that homosexuality is immoral," the Illinois Democrat noted. "Attempts to divide people like this have consumed too much of our politics over the past six years."

The remarks by the 2008 presidential candidates differed dramatically from their comments on the issue made earlier in the week.

On Tuesday, an ABC reporter asked Clinton whether homosexuality is immoral, and she replied: "Well, I am going to leave that to others to conclude."

A spokesman for the junior senator from New York later said that she disagrees with Pace.

On Wednesday, reporters also pressed Obama for reaction to Pace's comments. "Traditionally, the Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman has restricted his public comments to military matters," the Illinois Democrat said. "That's probably a good tradition to follow."

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated
Re: Clinton, Obama: Homosexuality 'Not Immoral'

Doc,

That's quite a collection of picture of nearly naked male men you have. Your 'private time' files must be pretty extensive.

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

Traitor DOC .. He Comes from the party that supports and promotes homosexulas. He even has the pictures to prove it.

"I do not agree with General Pace that homosexuality is immoral," the Illinois Democrat noted.

:dancefool:dancefool:dancefool

From what part of the Constitution can one infer that the private sexual conduct of consenting adults is any business of the government whatsoever?
Ergo, why should it matter what a general, political candidate, or dogcatcher thinks about homosexuality?

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Nicolas:

Mary Cheney - GAY
George Bush - GAY
Scott McClellan - Gay
Jeff Gannon - GAY
Karl Rove - GAY
Lynne Cheney - GAY
Tom Foley - GAY
Denny Hastert - GAY

THE GOP: THE GAY OL PARTY !!!

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

And you want to try to reason with Doc? He's an oddity, a homophobic homosexual in denial ( and probably in drag if truth be known. He's a big fan of posting pictures of Rudi in drag ).

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

4625:

Bunker was an exception: the General normally requires a high school diploma to post on this forum ...

the entire forum would love to see Bunker get that diploma ... we need some
new blood to encourage him

You know, if you read through these political forums after a good Friday night out on the town, you can't help but laugh out loud at least once every two minutes. You can't even write this shit on purpose!!!!

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

The SHEEP are living proof that some folks should not reproduce

From what part of the Constitution can one infer that the private sexual conduct of consenting adults is any business of the government whatsoever?
Ergo, why should it matter what a general, political candidate, or dogcatcher thinks about homosexuality?

The Democrat party has fostered an environment which protects sexual predators. When you fuck with kids it becomes the governements business. You can sleep with who ever you want to in San Francisco, but when you start going after kids then it becomes the governments business. Homosexual males have a strong attaction to young boys. This is where we draw the line as a society.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Homosexual males have a strong attaction to young boys ....

they sure dooooo !!!

MARK FOLEY --- REPUBLICAN OUT OF FLORIDA!!!

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Well folks, our resident expert on homosexuality has spoken. And Lord knows, he's had plenty of hands on experience. What age group is your favorite, Doc?

<TABLE class=tborder id=post671461 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 03-31-07, 10:49 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #13 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>doc mercer<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_671461", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Dedicated

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_671461 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Clinton, Obama: Homosexuality 'Not Immoral'
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>Homosexual males have a strong attaction to young boys ....

they sure dooooo !!!
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

How DENSE IS BUNKER??? TO QUOTE YOUR BUDDY:

<table id="post671413" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td class="thead" style="border-style: solid none solid solid; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 1px 0px 1px 1px; font-weight: normal;">03-31-07, 09:20 AM </td> <td class="thead" style="border-style: solid solid solid none; border-color: rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 1px 1px 1px 0px; font-weight: normal;" align="right"> #12 (permalink) </td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px;" width="175"> Nicolos_Darvas <script type="text/javascript"> vbmenu_register("postmenu_671413", true); </script>
EOG Senior Member

</td> <td class="alt1" id="td_post_671413" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);"> Re: Clinton, Obama: Homosexuality 'Not Immoral'
<hr style="color: rgb(43, 41, 94);" size="1"> Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td class="alt2" style="border: 1px inset ;"> Originally Posted by 4625

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
The Democrat party has fostered an environment which protects sexual predators. When you fuck with kids it becomes the governements business. You can sleep with who ever you want to in San Francisco, but when you start going after kids then it becomes the governments business. Homosexual males have a strong attaction to young boys. This is where we draw the line as a society.
</td></tr></tbody></table>

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

I was quoting you. I can't help it if all you can do is plagerize someone else's thoughts. Sorry for giving you credit for an original thought. My bad.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

You should know since the BUSH NATIONAL SPOKESWOMAN makes her living stealing the finished product of others

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post672033 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 03-31-07, 06:04 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #17 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>doc mercer<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_672033", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Dedicated

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_672033 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Clinton, Obama: Homosexuality 'Not Immoral'
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>You should know since the BUSH NATIONAL SPOKESWOMAN makes her living stealing the finished product of others
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ROFLMFAO :party :party :party :party

And this quote coming from the king of cut and paste and plagerism.

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

DOC ... what possessed you to get a picture on that gay man up there and display it ? Is this a common practice of yours ?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

:dancefool Republicans are reknowned for their circle jerks and now you all are trying to distance yourself from your own behaviour......Well done!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool Let's get those gay marriage canards ready for 2008!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool Might as well get the hunters worked up as well so we can all forget about your Party's murderous ways in Iraq !:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool Let's hear it for inconsequential bullshitt to get the Republican Hypocritical Sheep worked up.....AGAIN!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

dirty

EOG Master

He has got all kinds of Pics Nicolas... He has posted them here

dirty

EOG Master

:dancefool Republicans are reknowned for their circle jerks and now you all are trying to distance yourself from your own behaviour......Well done!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool Let's get those gay marriage canards ready for 2008!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool Might as well get the hunters worked up as well so we can all forget about your Party's murderous ways in Iraq !:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool Let's hear it for inconsequential bullshitt to get the Republican Hypocritical Sheep worked up.....AGAIN!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

ZZ when did Mark Foley's behavior become anybody elses but his... Each person makes their own decisions... what Foley or anyone else does has No bearing whatseover on anyone else...

and you lefties wonder why you are laughed at

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

ZZ when did Mark Foley's behavior become anybody elses but his... Each person makes their own decisions... what Foley or anyone else does has No bearing whatseover on anyone else...

and you lefties wonder why you are laughed at
What the hell is your point here? I never mentioned Mark Foley or anybody. And lefties don't wonder why we are laughed at just as we don't wonder what kindergardeners laugh at.....at least most kindergardeners think on their own.:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool Have a Great Night!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

Also on Thursday, Obama released a statement on the issue. "I do not agree with General Pace that homosexuality is immoral," the Illinois Democrat noted. "Attempts to divide people like this have consumed too much of our politics over the past six years."

On Wednesday, reporters also pressed Obama for reaction to Pace's comments. "Traditionally, the Joint Chiefs of Staff chairman has restricted his public comments to military matters," the Illinois Democrat said. "That's probably a good tradition to follow."

The social conservatives use this non-issue to divide. The same demographic that supports the raising of non-issues like this, are the same demo that supports other social legislation, such as the UIGEA.

I am far from an Obama supporter, but his statements seem to be the most intelligent so far in this thread.

Quote: I am far from an Obama supporter, but his statements seem to be the most intelligent so far in this thread."

I agree. The political forums here are choked with posts that often have little (or no) thought behind them. . . .And I mean this for all vectors of the spectrum.

Last edited:

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

Totally agree 4625.

Typical thread here, goes something akin to -

"He's a Republican, therefore his shit doesn't stink, and he stands for all thats great about the country."

"He's a Republican, his shit stinks, all of our problems would instantly go away if he, and his ilk, ate pistols for breakfast."

It seems so very much split divided by party lines. Not enough intelligent debate, no one can admit that both parties have equal blame for the ills of the country.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Ya want to fix the system?

EVERY LOBBYIST IS GONE TOMORROW .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

Doc, that would be a damn good start. Let 'em start reading the fucking bills they are voting on, instead of having it explained to them.

Doc Mercer

EOG Master

Senators: One .. two terms max!!!

Our founding fathers did not intend for this to be a life long career

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Ya want to fix the system?

EVERY LOBBYIST IS GONE TOMORROW .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED
Lobbyists wouldn't be a problem if the politicians weren't so easily bribed. Make it a crime to accept bribes because you could never do away with lobbyists.....they would just go underground. This is like saying, "Do away with sin!":dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

Senators: One .. two terms max!!!

Then they can go to work as lobbyists, and make some real money, LOL.

Our founding fathers have already rolled over in their graves, at the way these crooks have perverted the system.

The Founding Fathers are indeed spinning like gyroscopes. The system we have now is but distantly related to what they originally gave us. The machinery of incumbancy makes it extremely difficult for new blood to enter Congress. And because being a member of Congress is now so lucrative, incumbants have little reason to return to private life. As it stands now, our Senators and Representative have different goals than we do.
I recognize the problem that lobbyists pose in the corruption arena, and wish that big money did not have more influence than We the People. However, the "devil is in the details" when you attempt to eradicate lobbyists. First, how would you define a "lobbyist"? Does the definition only cover those that are paid to present a particular issue to Congress, or would it cover anyone who presents an issue to Congress? If the prohibition would cover anyone, Farmer Joe from Iowa could not call his Congressman to complain about legislation.
There are already limits on how much a lobbyist can give to a Congressman; though it seems to me that the rules are not that difficult to work around. Perhaps those rules need to be reexamined so that we can limit the professional lobbyist influence.
As for term limits, I would seriously consider them, because I think that entrenched service in the Senate or House causes our Representatives and Senators to look after themselves rather than their constituents. But of course, it would take an Amendment to the Constitution, which I don't think could come to pass at this time; and possibly not ever.

On another topic, I appreciate Doc posting serious ideas here. . . .