Banned
1) Durant
2) Oden
3) Wright
4) Brewer
5) Horford
6) Hawes
7) Julian Wright

those are my top 7 that i think will be coming out and that are from the states. thorton is a guy that could drop that i think will be a very good nba player. we shall see.

:cocktail

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Re: NBA Draft

Oden goes #1 and ANYONE who thinks otherwise is a MORON

Oden #1 is the LOCK OF ALL LOCKS!

cubswoo

EOG Enthusiast

1) Durant
2) Oden
3) Wright
4) Brewer
5) Horford
6) Hawes
7) Julian Wright

those are my top 7 that i think will be coming out and that are from the states. thorton is a guy that could drop that i think will be a very good nba player. we shall see.

:cocktail

If they declare early Hansbrough and Brandon Rush will be up there as well

ShavenCoinpurse

EOG Dedicated

# 3 is Brandon Wright from UNC if he comes out?

I think Al Thornton would be in the top 7. I'd say # 5. He is NBA ready right now. Afflalo will be up there also.

Sleepers: Lasme from UMASS, Meija from Depaul, Frank Young from West Va, Blake Schilb from Ill-Chicago....

mofome

Banned

Oden goes #1 and ANYONE who thinks otherwise is a MORON

Oden #1 is the LOCK OF ALL LOCKS!

well, considering that i said, before the season started, durant would be the player of the year, im going to guess that i know a bit more than you do. :) i said it, you didnt.
durant will be a better player in the nba, if this was a volleyball draft, i too would take oden first.

mofome

Banned

# 3 is Brandon Wright from UNC if he comes out?

I think Al Thornton would be in the top 7. I'd say # 5. He is NBA ready right now. Afflalo will be up there also.

Sleepers: Lasme from UMASS, Meija from Depaul, Frank Young from West Va, Blake Schilb from Ill-Chicago....

clear cut #3.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

well, considering that i said, before the season started, durant would be the player of the year, im going to guess that i know a bit more than you do. :) i said it, you didnt.
durant will be a better player in the nba, if this was a volleyball draft, i too would take oden first.
Yeah, you're a genius, nice call there.

Doesn't change the fact that Oden is better.

minnyace01

EOG Addicted

Huh - I must have missed something. Oden destroyed a front line that will have all three front court players drafted in the first round. If Ohio State shoots just 30% from the 3 pt line, we might have had a different result last night. There is no doubt on which player will be drafted first and also in my opinion, no doubt on who is the most dominant player is right now, and that's Greg Oden.

I still take KD first, and here's why. He is a known commodity. Granted that there are no guarantees when it comes to the transition from college to pro, I think all can agree that KD is very likely to excel in the Association.
Not so for Oden. The deficiencies in his game have been fully set forth by myself and others in one of the many Oden threads. To put it delicately, he is an "unfinished product." Taking Oden at #1 is riskier that taking KD at #1. In other words, the chances that Oden won't ever meet his full potential are much higher than the chances that KD will fail to meet his full potential. Simply reduced to a cost-benefit analysis, KD must go first, because he is the safer (smarter) play.
I will also agree that IF(!) Oden does fully develop his game, (footwork, shooting range, passing ability, basketball savvy), he will in all likelihood become a star in the paint in the Association; but for my money, that's too long a play. . .
.Give me KD.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

After Duncan and Shaq's rookie seasons they are responsible for how many rings? Virtually every championship to date. I am willing to wager any amount of money the Oden is the top pick - we can post with a mod from this site. Like Duck said anyone who thinks Durant is going to be chosen before Oden is a complete idiot - a true talented big man is the rarest of rare commodies.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

I am not saying Oden won't be 1st drafted, he probably will..My whole point in all of this, is at this very moment, Durant is the bigger talent. With all the upside and potential and whatever else, Oden may very well end up being a million times better; but after watching them play all year, I do believe Durant is more talented right now..

mofome

Banned

Huh - I must have missed something. Oden destroyed a front line that will have all three front court players drafted in the first round. If Ohio State shoots just 30% from the 3 pt line, we might have had a different result last night. There is no doubt on which player will be drafted first and also in my opinion, no doubt on who is the most dominant player is right now, and that's Greg Oden.

huh? he played a great game vs a team that committed to single teaming him and palying the 3. osu didnt hit a low percentage for no reason. florida is one of the best defensive teams in the country. florida is better than osu. 'if' they shoot just 30% from 3? how about if xavier just fouls instead of allowing that 3? how about if xavier just makes a ft to lock up the game at the end? then they arent even in the sweet 16.
thanks.
:)

durant was named the player of the year for a reason. durant will be better in the nba as he was in college. time will tell, see you then.

:cheers

mofome

Banned

After Duncan and Shaq's rookie seasons they are responsible for how many rings? Virtually every championship to date. I am willing to wager any amount of money the Oden is the top pick - we can post with a mod from this site. Like Duck said anyone who thinks Durant is going to be chosen before Oden is a complete idiot - a true talented big man is the rarest of rare commodies.

more rare than a 6-10 player that can hit the 3, rebound better than the big man you are referencing, and has better post moves? i can think of fewer players like that than i can good big men. but hey, if you want to repeat what you've been told, then thats ok. someone is an idiot for suggesting that the best basketball player go first? thats a first. :) again, ive stated that it depends on which team goes first and ive also ackowledged that oden could very well be the first player taken. who should be and who will be are not always the same answer.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

Would love for Fazekas to somehow slip to the heat in the 18-20 pick range, but I don't see it...his rebounding would help us immediately..

mofome

Banned

what about Almond from Rice and Fazeakas from Nevada? Both 1st round?

both late first, early 2nd. nick will have to impress in his workouts if he wants to move into the top 15 where most had projected him early. a lot will depend on the young kids from gtown, gt, unc and other schools as well as the foreign players. ive seen both of them projected late first and it seems accurate.

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

im not a big oden fan at all, i think he is 3 years away from doing anything constructive in the NBA besides rebounds and blocks, but the center will always be picked ahead of everyone. simply look at previous drafts. How many teams in the last 25 years have won rings without a legit center?

mofome

Banned

im not a big oden fan at all, i think he is 3 years away from doing anything constructive in the NBA besides rebounds and blocks, but the center will always be picked ahead of everyone. simply look at previous drafts. How many teams in the last 25 years have won rings without a legit center?

the bulls won a couple, wade was last years mvp, det won a few with dumars and thomas as finals mvps. you could say the pistons had a 'legit center', but they didnt. the fact is, great teams win championships and great teams are complete. they dont have glaring holes. you dont win b/c you have a great center. why is orlando so terrible when howard is so good? i mean, that doesnt make any sense. great teams win championships, great big men dont. patrick ewing was decent, he never won one. you gents are missing the point, but thats ok, i have time to help.

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

every great big man in history has won a ring, how many great wing players have not won a ring. how did the lakers do when shaq left lol. you are just too thickheaded to see the truth, all you want to do is pat yourself on the back because you said before the year durant would be POY. do you want a cookie or something? why does pheonix run through the league every year and do nothing in the playoffs?

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

It makes no difference who picks first - Oden is going first under any circumstance - a true big man is what every team is searching for - over the last 10 years there have been 2 true big men who live in the post - Shaq and TD - every year the rings starts with these two players - you cannot pass this opportunity - Ming when healthy can be jsut as important as TD and Shaq - kids like the one on one studs while GM's love true big men - like I said any wager on anyone but Oden and I am willling to take.

lol mo....miami had shaq. chicago had cartwright, perdue, scott williams; detroit had laimbeer and james edwards....all of these guys were excellent contributors to their teams...sorry to say mo but in the nba, its not all about scoring 30 and having good highlight reels.... will teach ya more as the season progresses... oh, and mvp of a finals is meaningless. it's just an individual accomplishment lb... :)
:mutley

Julian Wright isn't coming out. Some of these guys would be wise not to come out, 2008 looks far weaker than 2007. A guy like Hawes with a little more development could easily end up top 3. Right now I don't know if he's top 10 material. He didn't show me half as much as I expected.

ratbelly

EOG Veteran

I think Oden will be a superstar. I think Durant will be a superstar. I think the #1 player depends on which team holds the #1 selection.

I think the argument that KD was NCAA "Player of the Year", therefore he will be a better NBA player is a poor one. Here are the list of previous NCAA "Players of the Year"

2006 JJ Reddick
2005 Andrew Bogut
2004 Jameer Nelson
2003 TJ Ford
2002 Jason Williams
2001 Shane Battier
2000 Kenyon Martin

etc..........

It seems as if the correlation between "NCAA Player of the Year" and NBA superstar is not strong.

mofome

Banned

every great big man in history has won a ring, how many great wing players have not won a ring. how did the lakers do when shaq left lol. you are just too thickheaded to see the truth, all you want to do is pat yourself on the back because you said before the year durant would be POY. do you want a cookie or something? why does pheonix run through the league every year and do nothing in the playoffs?

every great big man has won one?
:+clueless
thats funny, i dont remember patrick ewings celebration. how about karl malone?
:+clueless

all i do is explain whats correct. too thickheaded? if i woke up and was only as smart as you, i would jump out a building and slit my throat on the way down.

mofome

Banned

lol mo....miami had shaq. chicago had cartwright, perdue, scott williams; detroit had laimbeer and james edwards....all of these guys were excellent contributors to their teams...sorry to say mo but in the nba, its not all about scoring 30 and having good highlight reels.... will teach ya more as the season progresses... oh, and mvp of a finals is meaningless. it's just an individual accomplishment lb... :)

you are far too unintelligent to reply to most of the time. cartwright, perdue, scott williams? are you serious?
:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

as i said, not many teams are going to have completely useless players in their starting 5. learn how to read and at least try to reply intelligently. i can name a good guard on all the championship teams. now the finals mvp is meaningless?
:LMAO

ID, no one here will ever learn anything from listening to you.

mofome

Banned

I think Oden will be a superstar. I think Durant will be a superstar. I think the #1 player depends on which team holds the #1 selection.

I think the argument that KD was NCAA "Player of the Year", therefore he will be a better NBA player is a poor one. Here are the list of previous NCAA "Players of the Year"

2006 JJ Reddick
2005 Andrew Bogut
2004 Jameer Nelson
2003 TJ Ford
2002 Jason Williams
2001 Shane Battier
2000 Kenyon Martin

etc..........

It seems as if the correlation between "NCAA Player of the Year" and NBA superstar is not strong.

well, when you find someone who has stated that Durant will be better in the NBA b/c he won ncaa poy, you let us know. otherwise, you sure did go to a lot of work for no reason. certainly ive referenced that fact, but ive also mentioned much more. how many players have ever won the award as a true freshman? go research that.

mofome

Banned

Julian Wright isn't coming out. Some of these guys would be wise not to come out, 2008 looks far weaker than 2007. A guy like Hawes with a little more development could easily end up top 3. Right now I don't know if he's top 10 material. He didn't show me half as much as I expected.

yeah, thats part of the reason i think the hoyas will be back. each has made great strides each season, it seems that next year would be a better year for those boys. not to mention another chance in college at a national title. ive read some say that julian was coming out. hopefully you're correct.

ratbelly

EOG Veteran

well, when you find someone who has stated that Durant will be better in the NBA b/c he won ncaa poy, you let us know. otherwise, you sure did go to a lot of work for no reason. certainly ive referenced that fact, but ive also mentioned much more. how many players have ever won the award as a true freshman? go research that.

I read it wrong. My apologies. I thought you were saying that Durant was a better prospect because he won the NCAA player of the year. You were actually just saying that you had predicted he would be player of the year therefore verifying that you know more about everything than other people (as if this has a correlation).

A lot of work for no reason? it took 20 seconds. Cut and paste. And I found it interesting in the meantime. Maybe that research would take yourself a long time to do, but I doubt it (especially considering that you are practically omiscient and predicted Durant to be the NCAA player of the year).

How many freshman have won the award? Do you mean in basketball or volleyball?

Weren't you the guy that said that Kwame Brown was the second coming of Bill Russell? Go research that.