Gary Kaplan arrest possibly related to rat named Carruthers

Gary Kaplan arrest possibly related to rat named Carruthers

written April 4, 2007

Gary Kaplan was arrested last week but we can only speculate as to what really happened that led to his sudden and surprising arrest.

First of all, it is well known that Gary Kaplan and the EX-CEO of BetonSports , David Carruthers did not like one another. Up until last week, Kaplan was in hiding whereas Carruthers had been captured months ago.
Insiders believe that Gary Kaplan would never have been caught unless he wanted to. Gary would never stay in a hotel in the Dominican Republic. He had business there, as well as friends and people in high places to help and harbor him if he had to go there.

The Internet gambling industry had the next thing to Bin Laden; an internationally hunted sensational criminal being arrested and yet not one single photo in handcuffs all the way to Puerto Rico??? The DOJ lives for moments like this. It's their reward.

Not only that, Kaplan was supposedly "arrested" on Wednesday night. There was not one single announcement until after he appeared before the magistrate in Puerto Rico. If anyone really believes that Hannaway held that up so it would coincide with the WTO announcement then you still must believe in the tooth fairy.

If anything, the WTO announcement detracted from Hannaway's triumph. I would think Gary Kaplan deliberately chose the Dominican Republic because of his kids. Gary could have chosen Costa Rica, however, it would have made for a circus. The news of Kaplan's arrest would have been on TV around the clock viewed by his children and their friends that they go to school with.

Kaplan was a negotiator and was meticulous with detail. The DOJ cannot make a deal with any fugitive pre-arrest, but I think there had to be a meeting of the minds. Perhaps an agreement was reached where both the DOJ or Gary didn't look bad in all this. The DOJ got their announcement of the capture and looked like the Lone Rangers, and Gary Kaplan's dignity was spared along with his family's.

After you're arraigned (in St. Louis) and plead the usual not-guilty plea, then a formal plea can be drawn up and presented to the judge for her approval if some sort of meeting of the minds did indeed occur before his arrest.

The other thing is, and nobody knows this for a fact yet, but there might be pressure being applied on Kaplan' family (siblings) or even him directly that hinders his own personal flight.

There is the chance that David Carruthers is cooperating with the government now as they have granted him freedom 6 hours a day split in two different sessions. The government doesn't usually go out of their way to make you more comfortable unless you're scratching their back. The DOJ can make anything happen if the end result is going to be in their favor. In time we'll all find out the truth, but I find the timing of Carruthers being granted more freedom anything but a coincidence.

written by Kenneth Weitzner--EOG

Last edited:

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: Gary Kaplan arrest possibly related to rat named Carruthers

I DOUBT THAT DC WOULD KNOW WHERE KAPLAN WAS AT THE TIME.....DC IS IN ST.LOUIS AND PROBABLY WOULDN'T HAVE ACESS TO THAT INFO UNLESS SOMEONE CLOSE TO BOTH OF THEM TOLD HIM.......

DC WAS MORE OR LESS TOSSED TO THE WOLVES BY KAPLAN, COULD YOU REALLY BLAME HIM IF HE WAS THE INFORMER????

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Very well written article!
Except for the part where "Costa Rica could have chosen", I think Ken meant that he (Kaplan) could have chosen Costa Rica . That and the fact that most of the suppositions are just that.....other than that .....very good.

ZZ,

I meant exactly that so thanks for helping me edit it...

JC

EOG Veteran

I'm not ready to call Carruthers a rat yet.

There are several players who could have ratted out Kaplan, including his own siblings. We may never know.

When is the next court appearance? What is the status of all of the motions?

JC,

Don't you find the TIMING of when CARRUTHERS was granted extra freedom to be alarming?

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

...."the truth is stranger than fiction"

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

ZZ,

I meant exactly that so thanks for helping me edit it...
Always a pleasure to help out.:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool Especially since you do not like visiting us down in Purgatory(The political forum).:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I'd guess that most all will come out crystal clear in the end and it is somewhat fascinating for those who do like to follow industry news.

accventures

EOG Member

Who cares if no one is going to get paid.

Thanks, finally someone with some fucking sense. I care about what "people in the industry find interesting" about as much as I do who my 16 year old neighbor goes to the prom with!

If the "industry" cared so much, then get my $5k back for me from these "interesting people." Fucking ridiculous.

This whole industry has fucked me out of $5k I guess no one cares if I ever see. I would have ratted this stupid dick out if I had known where he was! And the comment about his kids????? The guy has spent a career outside the boundries of one law after another and he's worried about what the kid's at school might say to his kids??? Are you kidding me??????

I hope they all rot in jail quite honestly. Thieves.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Thanks, finally someone with some fucking sense. I care about what "people in the industry find interesting" about as much as I do who my 16 year old neighbor goes to the prom with!

If the "industry" cared so much, then get my $5k back for me from these "interesting people." Fucking ridiculous.

This whole industry has fucked me out of $5k I guess no one cares if I ever see. I would have ratted this stupid dick out if I had known where he was! And the comment about his kids????? The guy has spent a career outside the boundries of one law after another and he's worried about what the kid's at school might say to his kids??? Are you kidding me??????

I hope they all rot in jail quite honestly. Thieves.
Sorry for your monetary losses but some of us have other things at stake in the industry. And this whole industry has not 'fucked you' out of $5K, one guy did. Most of us would help you if we could but we are as powerless as you, it seems.

Always a pleasure to help out.:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool Especially since you do not like visiting us down in Purgatory(The political forum).:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

Just 4 u....:LMAO

Rudy's last chance to save US...:houra

ACES.....Keep in mind that G was no saint but he didn't run off with your money.

He was the founder of BOS but had no part in operating the place when you lost your money.

The Brits either spent your money or the U.S. Govt is sitting on it, I really don't know what to believe anymore, except Kaplan didn't steal your money.

Also, perhaps he sold BOS and tried to get out precisely because he now has kids? Too little, too late I supose but something to chew on.