Doc Mercer

Blondie

EOG Master
Re: Doc Mercer

Very true.... Hey devil just what part of my body are you asking is a size two?:LMAO

Blondie

EOG Master

I am not worried about him being dangerous... I have been told I tend to flirt with the devil on occassions (apparently there is more than one :+textinb3 ) So, no worries no fears!

Blondie

EOG Master

Yeah well......that is all a matter of opinion. I was mouthy before....I just appear "sweet and innocent".

Blondie

EOG Master

Mouthy: I have been mouthy ever since I started high school in '93 (graduated in '97).

Sweet and innocent: Well before I was mouthy, I was quiet, polite, and very sweet and innocent! Still am at times, almost clueless somedays!

Blondie

EOG Master

Nah, too short for a resume, just answering the question in a thorough non agressive, polite manner!

Blondie

EOG Master

Devil in a foul mood, now I can not imagine that, maybe an onery one but not foul!

Katie

EOG Master

oh believe it!..
if he doesn't get 18 hours of sleep he can be a real bear...

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

I enjoy the titillating direction the thread has taken, but back on topic.

Blondie, thnx for the links. The links explained the problems. In one of the other threads Doc went after you, after you admitted to putting your money and time, where your mouth was. And, after admitting you were on the same side as Doc. That was odd.

Dirty thanks for the reply. I understand completely your view. I somewhat disagree with the decision, but understand nonetheless.

He has already been banned from several forums and does not ever learn. He is a Cancer to this and any board he is on that allows For the most part Free speach. We could implement strict rules but that is against the spirit of EOG. We don't want members who have to be babysat. Us moderators have too much to do without it.
After contributing to several boards, moderated and unmoderated. The EOG protocol on free speech, is one of the major factors that initially attracted me.

I will miss having Doc on the board. And no I am not, and have never been, one of Doc's cronies. I disagreed with as much of Doc's rhetoric as I agreed with. The parts of his rhetoric that I did agree with, are the parts with the most relevance in todays political landscape.

dirty

EOG Master

Seedless... Doc can come back... but this time it will be under strict guidelines. We hate to do that. I think all points of view are necessary and I welcome them. I just wish we could talk about them, instead of the fighting. WE have tried everything and the one common factor in every argument in this political forum is Doc. We have to draw a line somewhere. And if the BS keeps on, then we will weed out any more trouble makers as well. People should be able to post their opinions without fear of being attacked.

I think you are a good addition to the board seedless, and I believe you will see more rationale debate from Myself and others now.

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

Seedless... Doc can come back... but this time it will be under strict guidelines. We hate to do that.

It's unfortunate that this is needed, but a positive step. I would hope this all ends here, but know it won't. Doc knows he's going to come out of this on post review, just like before. And next time I doubt I will take the time out of my day, to defend Doc.

Doc does seem to be very argumentative at times, more than most. Yesterday, from the tone of his posts, it did almost seem as if he hates Easter, or there was some other underlying personal cause for his confrontations because they were especially vicious. Now Doc will pay the toll for that uncalled for viciousness.

I think all points of view are necessary and I welcome them. I just wish we could talk about them, instead of the fighting. WE have tried everything and the one common factor in every argument in this political forum is Doc. We have to draw a line somewhere.
Because of his devotion to his views, Doc posts more than anyone else in this sub forum. And Doc certainly has a different point of view than most. His POV, and passion for those issues, is one of the things that makes this political board unique.

One of the things that I have noticed, is it does seem as though some posters come into this sub forum, specifically to argue, antagonize, and provoke Doc. And specifically to challenge Doc's views. Hopefully, the people that seem to have an agenda against Doc, don't use this as their weapon.

The above mentioned category of posters only add static, not substance, to this sub forum. While I have been very critical of Doc in this thread, Doc adds a lot of substance to the sub forum as well as static. If Doc does not learn to not to feed his trolls, eventually he will be perma banned. And the forum will lose one of it's most prolific posters.

Blondie, does not fall into the category of static posters mentioned above.

And if the BS keeps on, then we will weed out any more trouble makers as well. People should be able to post their opinions without fear of being attacked.
On a board that attracts people with an enthusiasm for free speech. People need to have thicker skin than on other boards.

While I didn't like it at all when he called my friend Blondie a b*tch. And I personally feel as though I have a lot of the 'Southern values' you were referencing. On a male dominated sports gambling forum, the word b*tch, doesn't seem to have the shock value to me, as it would elsewhere, IMHO. In the context of this board, I felt more disturbed when Doc insinuated that you were a welsh. That is just something you don't say about a gambler, without just cause. Following that thread I was definitely on your side of the issue.

I think you are a good addition to the board seedless, and I believe you will see more rationale debate from Myself and others now.
Thank you for the welcome Dirty, it is much appreciated. I do not try and pretend to be a 'know it all', and try to admit when I'm wrong about an issue. Or at least agree to disagree, and go on to the next issue.

dirty

EOG Master

Good Post seedless... You have to understand most that come here to needle Doc have a huge past with the guy and have tried to bury the hatchet here, but he will not let it.. but lets move on...

About the welsh part... there is a reason that he would not let me post the emails. I bent over backwards cause they didn't use neteller to let them in, and when Neteller froze the funds he was unwilling to help me out to get him paid as soon as the contest was over... I will not or have never welched on anything. I was hoping to be able to post the emails so you all could see how I was treated when trying to do what was right. He is just closed minded and if you don't agree with him on every point you become a target.

Last time this happened we posted on here to email us and tell us that he would stop the BS... He posted to where only Mods could see something to this atone "if you want me to apologize then fuck off, I will never apologize"

That just reinforced exactly what we knew already. He will never admit when he is wrong and try to make things better.

seedless

EOG Enthusiast

In reading the other thread I knew there had to some other underlying reason for Doc not wanting the emails posted. My view was that Doc was just being difficult. It's sad when you try and do something positive for the community, and then get it shoved up your ass. Your reputation and credibility was never in question in my mind. Doc came out of that thread looking very poorly though. And, I'm sure that everyone else that read the thread subjectively felt the same way I did about the unfortunate situation you were put in.

Thank you for running the contest Dirty. Hopefully the outcome does not discourage you from initiating future contests for the benefit of the forum and community as a whole.

Katie

EOG Master

hopefully, things can calm down very soon..
dirty has a difficult job but he does it very well...

dirty

EOG Master

In reading the other thread I knew there had to some other underlying reason for Doc not wanting the emails posted. My view was that Doc was just being difficult. It's sad when you try and do something positive for the community, and then get it shoved up your ass. Your reputation and credibility was never in question in my mind. Doc came out of that thread looking very poorly though. And, I'm sure that everyone else that read the thread subjectively felt the same way I did about the unfortunate situation you were put in.

Thank you for running the contest Dirty. Hopefully the outcome does not discourage you from initiating future contests for the benefit of the forum and community as a whole.

Thank you... I let him and one other send checks in just to be in the contest and I get shit on... oh well it is over. I threatened to post the emails, but cant rightly do that without his permission. It is over and I will do the same thing again if we can't find a book sponsor.

Thanks for the Kind words seed and Katie...I just try my best

Katie

EOG Master

you're welcome, dirty...
i also think you are to be commended for being ethical and not releaseing the emails...
it shows your character..

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

:dancefool I see you made bail quick this time Doc! What did you have to put up for collateral?:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

Your Imus Coffee Mug?:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Doc is like a bottle of wine, today an Opus........tomorrow a Muscatel!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

But always intoxicating.:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool