Don Imus

Re: Don Imus

Is he still getting paid while he's serving his 2 week suspension? He'll be back on the air and nothing will change. He has a low opinion of African Americans and nothing is going to change that.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Anyone who is suspicious of this 2 week suspension knows nothing about radio broadcasting. They are right in the middle of the Spring Ratings Book, which sets advertising rates for the rest of the year. For someone to be suspended for 2 weeks during this period is a very harsh suspension, especially if Imus' bonuses are based on his ratings.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Who is going to replace Imus as host during the two week suspension?

wonder if they will do a "best of" series of shows

and i do agree that what is going on right now for rutgers is GREAT as far as the publicity ONLY - not why this whole thing came about

this can only HELP rutgers in recruiting although after seeing Heather Zurich speak i now care a lot more about RU hoops than ever before - she is STUNNING

Rutgers Women's Basketball - #21&nbspHeather&nbspZurich

beardog

EOG Dedicated

how many times too you hear rappers say nappy hos ? i guess al sharpton dont listen too his kind of music or he would wanna fire the record producer

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

how many times too you hear rappers say nappy hos ? i guess al sharpton dont listen too his kind of music or he would wanna fire the record producer
Physician, heal thyself. Just felt like saying that. I imagine we would like to hold our national broadcasters to a higher plane of consciousness than our lowest common denominators, our rappers and our President.

can it be proven in a court of law....that the women refered to by imus....are not in fact some nappy headed hoes?:+clueless

Katie

EOG Master

c'mon...do none of you think that this was an insulting and disrespectful thing to say?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

c'mon...do none of you think that this was an insulting and disrespectful thing to say?
I think not only was it disrespectful, hurtful and insulting.....it was downright stupid....but this type of behavior is permissable when you make the corporation millions of dollars, unfortunately.

Katie

EOG Master

I think not only was it disrespectful, hurtful and insulting.....it was downright stupid....but this type of behavior is permissable when you make the corporation millions of dollars, unfortunately.

i think you're right, zz...

thanks for your feedback...

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

wonder what would of happened if charles barkley called an all white womens team "butch dyke crackers", people would sit there and laugh at it. Now they had vivian stringer make a speech like she is the female version of martin luther king.... gimmie a break

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

wonder what would of happened if charles barkley called an all white womens team "butch dyke crackers", people would sit there and laugh at it. Now they had vivian stringer make a speech like she is the female version of martin luther king.... gimmie a break
Doesn't seem to be too many 'people' around here who understand the following: TWO WRONGS DOES NOT MAKE A RIGHT.

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

wake up ZZ, it has nothing to do with 2 wrongs making right, it is reality. blacks say stuff all the time and get away with it and once a white guy says something it gets blown out of proportion. you dont hear white people complaining that there is 3 white guys in the nba, but in the nfl, all u hear from the blacks is "why are there not more black coaches". its a total joke

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

wake up ZZ, it has nothing to do with 2 wrongs making right, it is reality. blacks say stuff all the time and get away with it and once a white guy says something it gets blown out of proportion. you dont hear white people complaining that there is 3 white guys in the nba, but in the nfl, all u hear from the blacks is "why are there not more black coaches". its a total joke
We should ALL count our blessings instead of trying to throw the proverbial 'first stone', in my opinion.

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

Ol Al has made a name for himself by being very very selective about who he is critical of................could be one of the major reasons that not many take him seriously, if he were to make a major run or something of the like. He made a buffoon of himself with the Tawanna (sic?) affair, among others.

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

And here is my last "this is very true, also."

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

If your a minority in the country you can do whatever the hell u want.... Its just the way America has come too.... Untill this changes the racism problem will never change...

mofome

Banned

If your a minority in the country you can do whatever the hell u want.... Its just the way America has come too.... Untill this changes the racism problem will never change...

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

you're not all that bright.

Trip my ducks

EOG Enthusiast

I'm no fan of Imus, in fact the guy bores me to tears. What he did was stupid, plain and simple. He didn't say it to be hurtful and he didn't say it because of any racist sentiments. He said it because he thought it would be a funny little comment.

What he failed to consider however, is that what is funny or at least acceptable for Chris Rock or any of 1000 different black celebrities to say, will get a 70 year old white man crucified!

He has sincerely apologized. He's an old white man that is years past his prime. Give it a rest.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

not true at all...yes there have been tremendous strides made to bridge the gap, but it doesn't mean that racism isn't still alive and well in many forms..it is not a level playing field yet, though we're slowly getting there

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I am such a hermit, I knew little about the guy. I did see where he is a very generous man though.

roach23

Banned

I'm no fan of Imus, in fact the guy bores me to tears. What he did was stupid, plain and simple. He didn't say it to be hurtful and he didn't say it because of any racist sentiments. He said it because he thought it would be a funny little comment.

i agree with this. i'm not racist but i like telling and hearing racist jokes cause i think they are funny.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

not true at all...yes there have been tremendous strides made to bridge the gap, but it doesn't mean that racism isn't still alive and well in many forms..it is not a level playing field yet, though we're slowly getting there

Lawrence I was reffering to speech... Theres nothing you can call a white person that will raise a brow in the media......

roach23

Banned

If you like telling and hearing racist jokes, you are a racist.....just like Imus.

laughing at racist jokes doesn't make you racist. i don't hate any race. but i do like laughing at stereotypes about that race. i laugh at jokes about my friends or family members, i don't hate them.

plus there is a certain level of truth behind every racist joke. jokes about hispanics loving fried chicken or blacks sneaking into this country to WORK illegally...wouldn't be funny.

THE HITMAN

EOG Dedicated

true, roach, there is that certain element of truth behind them, otherwise they wouldn't be funny at all and would never be heard and given "joke" status. Sidenote: my mother-in-law, who is the very farthest thing ever from being racist, loves racist/ethnic jokes.