Don Imus

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: Don Imus

I would have to disagree with you guys.....but I believe we are all racists,,,,,,just a matter of degree.

Brock

EOG Dedicated

America, the home of free speech and it fine to have an opinion
until it offends someone.

mofome

Banned

Lawrence I was reffering to speech... Theres nothing you can call a white person that will raise a brow in the media......

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

you are so out of touch with reality. i struggle understanding how you are able to exist.

mofome

Banned

You've never had a racist thought Mo?

nope.

i have, however, laughed at jokes...but thats neither here nor there. at no time, in my life, have i thought anything about a person b/c of their ethnicity. much less have i thought anything 'racist' about anyone. thats just not how i work. ive got plenty of issues, this just is not one.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

you are so out of touch with reality. i struggle understanding how you are able to exist.

Name the racial slur that someone can call a white person that will get this much media attention.....

Katie

EOG Master

racism is a learned behavior and has been passed down from generation to generation..

it will take time and effort to change this but it is very egotistical for any of us to think that we are better than anyone else based
on skin color.

janus

EOG Dedicated

racism is a learned behavior and has been passed down from generation to generation..

it will take time and effort to change this but it is very egotistical for any of us to think that we are better than anyone else based
on skin color.

who let you out of your thread?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

nope.

i have, however, laughed at jokes...but thats neither here nor there. at no time, in my life, have i thought anything about a person b/c of their ethnicity. much less have i thought anything 'racist' about anyone. thats just not how i work. ive got plenty of issues, this just is not one.
I wish I could say that....but I grew up very prejudiced. As did most people I know.

kate! it's never going to change in our lifetime!

imus is a racist, but no more than jesse jackson and al sharpton are in the other direction!!

thats the bottomline!!

Katie

EOG Master

kate! it's never going to change in our lifetime!

imus is a racist, but no more than jesse jackson and al sharpton are in the other direction!!

thats the bottomline!!

true, tony..

but i hope that it does eventually change...

mofome

Banned

Name the racial slur that someone can call a white person that will get this much media attention.....

name the black country, that had white slaves, that is currently in the midst of trying to create a land where whites are treated as equals, and i will show you what you are looking for. you dont get it, but you never ever ever do. how long ago do you think it was that MLK was shot? 150 years ago? we live in a country run by white people who slaughtered indians, enslaved blacks, and imprisoned asians all at different times in our history. most recently has been the fight of african americans to get equal rights in this country which, by law, they now do...but we're still further away from an end than you can imagine. early in this very same month, in 1968, mlk was shot and killed. that means that this happened within the lifetime of everyone here over 40 years old. do you realize what the state of our country was at that point? do you realize just how recent things were that bad? no, you have no clue. the media that is writing about this and the person that said it primarily involve people who have seen much worse times than you could imagine. that doesnt just go away. name a racial slur that will raise the medias eye? the comment means something b/c of how White people treated african american people in this country for a very long time. there is much more meaning behind it to Many people than what you seem to grasp. i could go on, but somehow, i feel like explaining things to you is often a waste of time.

mofome

Banned

I wish I could say that....but I grew up very prejudiced. As did most people I know.

we're from different times my man. i dont really see people are race, i dont really tie any person to any affiliation at all. family wise, racially, nor anything else. i see people as individuals and treat them as such. its just how i am, i dont know how to see shit any differently.

CUBSFAN

EOG Veteran

name the black country, that had white slaves, that is currently in the midst of trying to create a land where whites are treated as equals, and i will show you what you are looking for. you dont get it, but you never ever ever do. how long ago do you think it was that MLK was shot? 150 years ago? we live in a country run by white people who slaughtered indians, enslaved blacks, and imprisoned asians all at different times in our history. most recently has been the fight of african americans to get equal rights in this country which, by law, they now do...but we're still further away from an end than you can imagine. early in this very same month, in 1968, mlk was shot and killed. that means that this happened within the lifetime of everyone here over 40 years old. do you realize what the state of our country was at that point? do you realize just how recent things were that bad? no, you have no clue. the media that is writing about this and the person that said it primarily involve people who have seen much worse times than you could imagine. that doesnt just go away. name a racial slur that will raise the medias eye? the comment means something b/c of how White people treated african american people in this country for a very long time. there is much more meaning behind it to Many people than what you seem to grasp. i could go on, but somehow, i feel like explaining things to you is often a waste of time.

u wrote me a history lesson but didnt answer the question...

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

we're from different times my man. i dont really see people are race, i dont really tie any person to any affiliation at all. family wise, racially, nor anything else. i see people as individuals and treat them as such. its just how i am, i dont know how to see shit any differently.
I have met many, many racists younger than myself. I treat my racism like alcoholism, day to day. And it took me years to change.

Katie

EOG Master

I have met many, many racists younger than myself. I treat my racism like alcoholism, day to day. And it took me years to change.

that's something to be proud of zz becaues you are working hard at overcoming what was deeply ingrained..

mofome

Banned

ive met many as well. racism, at no level, makes any sense. no one black man has anything to do with another just like no white man has jack shit to do with me. its got to be kinda hard being african american knowing the history of this country, knowing what your parents and grandparents went through and then to walk around and know you are the minority. how can you not like a person you know nothing about?

:+clueless

janus

EOG Dedicated

:dancefool steppin :dancefool to :dancefool the :dancefool brouhaha :dancefool

Katie

EOG Master

mo, it's great that you feel that way but so many people have been taught otherwise. i totally agree that it must be very difficult for black americans. we are all human and we all can hurt. black americans were treated as if they were less than human by enslaving them, etc. none of us would want to be in that position.

ive met many as well. racism, at no level, makes any sense. no one black man has anything to do with another just like no white man has jack shit to do with me. its got to be kinda hard being african american knowing the history of this country, knowing what your parents and grandparents went through and then to walk around and know you are the minority. how can you not like a person you know nothing about?

MO!! YOU NEVER HAD A RACIST THOUGHT??

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Hatred never makes sense but many of us do anyhow Mo. Like Katie said, the majority of us are taught this as children and have to learn to think on our own.... hopefully.

BSims

EOG Addicted

After looking up the definition of racist as a noun, following is the generally common definition as follows;

racist-a person with a prejudiced belief that one race is superior to others.

Unfortunately, the word means about anything anyone wants it to mean, generally someone who doesn't agree with me. This is another word that probably should be used very rarely.

mofome

Banned

u wrote me a history lesson but didnt answer the question...

wtf, why cant i call someone a fucking idiot?

cubsfan, i gave you your answer, you are just too stupid to understand. if you wont post this, eog, i will just get his email and write him. wtf is up with this place.

:rolleyes:

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

wtf, why cant i call someone a fucking idiot?

cubsfan, i gave you your answer, you are just too stupid to understand. if you wont post this, eog, i will just get his email and write him. wtf is up with this place.

:rolleyes:
It's a kinder, gentler EOG!:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

the glue

EOG Veteran

A black guy shot another black guy over a lawn chair in Norfolk Va. last week. A LAWN CHAIR People....Al Sharpton ,you have bigger problems than Imus....:LMAO

A black guy shot another black guy over a lawn chair in Norfolk Va. last week. A LAWN CHAIR People....Al Sharpton ,you have bigger problems than Imus....:LMAO
Happens everyday in Atlanta. Yet people stand up and cheer on the
race haters like Jesse Jackson(adulter) and Al Sharpton(proven liar/ Tawna Brawley). These people don't do one thing positive yet want to destroy
a man that at least gives back something.
Now me personally, I can't stand Imus. But I am now a big supporter.
There are much worse things said and done in this country everyday. Yet
the people like Sharpton and Jackson are too morally corrupt to work on
those issues because there would be no big paycheck at the end of the day.
And the print media beating this horse to death is just as sad.
Would someone please go find Al and Jesse a spine!

Hitdogg42

EOG Dedicated

Nice to see one of the girls on rutgers say AXE, that's my fault as well.....And please IMUS make the girls let you hear thier IPOD and if Rap is on it, please make them leave them room and call them posers

Hitdogg, and yes I did bang a black girl tonight, so im not a racits

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Now me personally, I can't stand Imus. But I am now a big supporter.

I agree with you, Mr. Fury. Talk about double standards...

CATHOLIC BASHERS SPARED IMUS TREATMENT
Catholic League president Bill Donohue commented today on the way Catholic bashers are treated as compared to Don Imus:

?Two years ago, Penn Jillette (of the comedy team Penn and Teller) went on Showtime calling Mother Teresa ?Mother F?king Teresa? and called the nuns who worked with her ?f?king c?ts.? Showtime is owned by Viacom and that is why I wrote to its chief, Sumner Redstone, to register a complaint. He wrote back extolling the merits of ?artistic freedom? and ?tolerance.? Last year, on Viacom-owned CBS radio, Jillette said Mother Teresa ?had this weird kink that I think was sexual,? compared the saintly nun to Charles Manson and said she ?got her [sexual] kicks watching people suffer and die.? Again, nothing was done about this.

?In 2005, Bill Maher went on HBO at the time of the death of Pope John Paul II and said, ?For those who could not make the funeral, the Vatican has asked that in lieu of flowers, just stop touching your d?k.? He also said that the whole story of Jesus, the Virgin Mary and the Resurrection was ?grafted from paganism?; he ended by mocking the death of the pope and the upcoming conclave. The letter I received from HBO said that ?it?s a free country, and people are free to say silly things?even on HBO.?

?Right before Easter, the Catholic League protested the chocolate Jesus with his genitals exposed that was to be shown in the art gallery of the Roger Smith Hotel in midtown Manhattan (located on street level, the public was invited to eat him). Air America radio co-host Cenk Uygur, writing on ?The Huffington Post,? said, ?So is the argument that Jesus didn?t have a d?k? Or were people offended because it was too big? Too Small? Too immaculate? Not immaculate enough?? Regarding Imus?s remark, Uygur called it ?derogatory and insulting.?

?Similarly, Joan Walsh on Salon.com said the chocolate Jesus was not ?a big deal,? and advised people not to go see it if they didn?t like it. She has now called on Imus to be fired. Even New York City Mayor Mike Bloomberg said ?don?t pay any attention? to the chocolate Jesus, but he now finds it necessary to brand Imus? comments ?repugnant.?
?In other words, Catholic bashing is humorous and an exercise in liberty. Racism is awful. Bigotry, then, is neither good nor bad?it just depends who the target is.?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 9:21 a.m. EDT

Rush Limbaugh on Imus: It's All About Media Hypocrisy

The furor over Don Imus' stupid remarks about the women’s basketball team at Rutgers is less about Don Imus and mostly about the media which promoted him and has now turned on him, Rush Limbaugh told his millions of listeners Tuesday.

"To me, this really isn't so much about Imus," Rush said. "Imus is who he is, and everybody has always known who he is. It's more about the people that have propped Imus up and have looked the other way over all these years over all these things, and it's about a lot of hypocrisy in the 'drive-by' media.”

Scoffing at the miniscule audience for Imus' TV and radio show, Rush said he doesn’t know why anybody is worried about what Imus said, "because hardly anybody ever hears it, he has so small an audience these days.”

Rush described the show, "Imus in the Morning," as "a classic illustration of buzz creating the impression of a large audience when the large audience actually doesn't exist. His ratings, Rush explained, have been declining for quite a while and he added that the "guests that he has on this program, the drive-by media people, continue to hype it and make it appear larger and more influential than it actually is."

Rush observed that Imus has tried to walk a fine line for a long time. "He's tried to be cutting edge with his satire and jokes, and then he's tried to be mainstream with that NBC gaggle of reporters and Newsweek types and the authors, and, just like Senator McCain, I'm sure that Imus thought that liberal reporters and authors would give him cover in events like this, credibility and that sort of thing. But it apparently has not done that.

"I think we should be clear about some things here," Rush advised, noting that The 'Today Show' attacked Imus today, but NBC owns the network that runs his simulcast of the radio show. "CBS owns his radio show. NBC runs his simulcast on their MSNBC cable network. Every NBC reporter for the network of any stature, has been on that show or wanted to be on that show, including Chris Matthews and others, and now they're acting like they don't know the guy!”

Rush reported that Al Roker is out there demanding he be fired, demanding he be canned and said that "This has gone too far. The very network that propped this guy up and made him seem like the Second Coming is now acting like, 'Oh, this is horrible. This is outrageous,’ blah, blah, blah. ‘Why, we don't know what we're going to do about this.’

"They pretend to objectively report on this man as if they didn't know about him and his sidekicks all along. They've known, for whatever number of years they've been going on the show, what happens on this show.
"To them it was a great opportunity to sell a book that they had written, or to amplify some report that they had done. It was just more media exposure. The one thing that TV people can't get enough of is a camera or a microphone, and he offered it to them, and now all of a sudden, with a couple of exceptions, they're trying to report objectively here as though, ‘Why, we don't know this guy! Why, we're just reporting on this as it's happening.’”

Rush noted that in all this controversy, NBC and MSNBC get a complete pass, as do their reporters, as do Newsweek and Time reporters. "All the other reporters that go on the show are getting a free pass. You know, I've always heard, ‘If you go on some show or you take action in support of somebody that's doing something, you are tacitly supporting it by virtue of not condemning it,’ and so forth.”
<!-- ============================= Sponsors ============================= -->
But, Rush said, "All these guests that have created the buzz about the show and made it seem much larger than it actually is and has been for quite a while, are acting as though they are independent from it and were not part of creating the atmosphere that allowed this kind of thing to continue to occur there.​

"I mean, let's face it, folks. If it weren't for the drive-by media, the Imus show would have been off the air a long time ago. They made him who he is in his current incarnation.”

And even though Imus is devoid of ratings, Rush said, in the media’s eyes he did the right things: "he's out there backing Kerry for president; he's attacking the war effort in Iraq — and he's trying to buy some sort of allegiance with all this.”

Imus, Rush charged is "out there throwing my name around as if that gives him cover, and that's gutless. He can't stand on his own two feet. He's acting like a little 6-year-old in a sandbox: [whining] ‘It's not as bad as what someone else did, waaaaah!’ But that's what it is. The media are so cowed, they won't say diddly about Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson's past racist, anti-Semitic comments. Meredith Vieira did on the 'Today Show' today but she apologized to Jesse Jackson before bringing up his 'Hymietown' remark. ‘I'm sorry, Reverend Jackson, to bring this up . . .’"

But Vieira did at least bring it up, Rush said, adding, however, that she apologized first. "They're cowed! They're afraid to death of these guys. You know, Sharpton? You can talk about words, and you can utter words. Sharpton's actions with Tawana Brawley [the black teen-age girl that lied about being raped and brutalized by whites, including cops]actually harmed some people's lives, and he's got a ministry.
"He has a radio show. The Democrat Party embraces both of these guys. Hillary kisses their rings. Nobody says diddly when this happens, talking about Sharpton and Jackson. Yet they all of a sudden now get to decide who's acceptable and who is not? Sharpton and Jackson get to decide who should be on the air and who should not be on the air?
"Sharpton has a radio show. They tell me that. I didn't know it. I knew he was going to get one. I never heard about his radio show till all this video from yesterday. Look what he's said. Look what Sharpton's said and done. He's got a radio show.”
After commenting on the immunity minorities enjoy, "they can get away with anything because they're disadvantaged and they've been discriminated against,” Rush summed up by asking "How can you discuss what Imus said, without discussing what some of his critics have said and done, and these critics have now been elevated to final arbiter status?”

Technically, he didn't say ANYTHING ABOUT RACE.

He commented on their hair and sexuality.

I didn't care for the comments, but the good "Reverend" Al Sharpton had Imus on his show. He brought out his daughter and said, "You called my daughter a Nappy Headed Ho."

UH, NO...he didn't. He called some of the Rutgers players Nappy Headed Ho's.

That's what pisses me the hell off.

Sure, comments like this are unnecessary, however you have people like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, Rangel, etc. coming out of the woodwork and threatening over this type of stuff when in reality, they are some of the most racist people on the planet.

Neither of them has done ANYTHING to advance african americans in society.

Instead, they exploit and extort.

Jesse Jackson, "what you did was wrong, and we are going to boycott, picket, and expose you as best we can...unless of course you make a sizeable donation to my organization...ahem"

Al Sharpton might be the most racist man on planet earth. If you don't think he HATES white people with everything in him you are crazy. Besides, he's a damn lunatic.

Don't construe my comments as support for Imus. He shouldn't have made those comments. I've never been a fan of Imus and he continues to give me reason not to tune in, but for him to get raked over the coals over this is ridiculous.

When will the NBA reprimand a black player for making fun of white players?

I heard an interview the other day with Elton Brand admitting his most embarrasing moment was recently when he got dunked on by Nakbar (sp) and he was asked if it was because he was white and he said no, but a minute later admitted it was.

What if a White player made a comment the he was embarrassed for getting beat by a black guy, say in a weekend golf outing? I guarantee you he'd have to apologize immediately and be publicly reprimanded for making derogatory comments.

I hate the double standard.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Good post, Shortbus. Just a bit more about Al Sharpton...

"Alfred (Al) Sharpton, Jr. , is a Pentecostal minister, political and civil rights activist, first African American candidate for the New York State Senate. Al Sharpton has made a career of placing himself at the front line of the struggle against injustice by lower and middle-income African Americans. Born in Brooklyn, New York, Sharpton began preaching at the age of four and spent his early years as a "wonder boy" sensation on the Pentecostal preaching circuit. In 1964, when he was ten years old, Sharpton was ordained as a minister and preached on a tour with famed gospel music performer Mahalia Jackson"

...I don't claim to know much about the Pentecostal Church, but I have to question ordination of 10 year olds. Furthermore, as the Pentecostal Church is a Christian Church, it does not consider the act of forgiveness as optional, so the Rev. Sharpton is wrong in rejecting Imus's apology. As the Bible says, Peter asked Jesus if he must forgive his brother up to 7 times, and Jesus replied, not only 7 times, but 70 times 7 times(which was meant to confer that the need to forgive was infinite).

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 2:27 p.m. EDT

Michael Savage Excoriates Imus, Sharpton <LINK href="/stylesheetinfo.css" type=text/css rel=stylesheet>

Calling Rev. Al Sharpton a "street bum,? syndicated talk-show host Michael Savage said Sharpton's attacks on Don Imus for his racist remarks are coming from a man whose whole career has been marked by his own racism.

In a statement given exclusively to NewsMax.com, Savage asked if the so-called "reverend? was really serious in "calling the kettle black."

"Which Sharpton is it calling for Imus's firing?? Savage asked. "The 'Reverend' Sharpton (we cannot locate the church where he holds regular services, nor find out where he was ordained) or the talk-show host Sharpton calling for the firing of a competitor to his zero-rated ?show???​

Savage continued with a shot at Sharpton's credibility based on past performance in the media spotlight.
"Doesn't anybody in the media remember the Al Sharpton-Tawana Brawley hoax?" Savage asked, "or the Crown Heights [New York] riots where rabbinical student Yankel Rosenblum was stabbed to death by a black mob [Sharpton was egging them on, according to reports]?"
Savage asked rhetorically about the memory of mass media on some other incidents, including "the Freddie's Fashion Mart mob in Harlem that was told to 'boycott that Jew store,' by Sharpton and his boys, resulting in four innocent people being shot to death [all Hispanic workers] and the building set on fire." "Why? asked Savage, "is the media asking this street bum Sharpton about racism?"

Turning to Don Imus, Sharpton?s target, Savage said that his fellow radio talker "has no ratings, is a has-been, and to me, an ancient cracker whose veneer has worn off."

Recalling that he himself had been fired from a short-lived TV program by what he called "the MSNBC empty suits without any chance of redemption," Savage said the only reason Imus is being given a second chance "by the empty suit Phil Griffin [NBC executive] is because he is a dyed-in-the-wool liberal."

In spite of his expressed contempt for Imus, however, Savage does not think the radio veteran's career should be destroyed by his controversial comments about the Rutgers women's basketball team, in which Imus called them "nappy-headed hos" during a live radio broadcast.
"Do I think he should be fired?? he said. "Absolutely not. Let the audience decide."
Said Savage: "Last word ? don't liberals believe in redemption? They oppose the death penalty, and tell us even murderers can be reformed. Yet, when it came to Michael Savage, they gave me the 'death penalty' by demanding that MSNBC execute me from their geography ? television.?