Droppy NHL play-off thread

Enough with baseball till may, it's hockey time.

Dallas Stars to win series @ 2,07 Pinnacle, 2Units.
Bouth team records in this season are almost identical and both teams are very similar to each other by gameplan. Both teams are defensive minded with great goalies. All games in this series probably will be very close from first till last minute and that means that every mistake will be very expensive. Thats where Stars experience comes in. Stars goalie Marty Turco has 27 play-off games experience while for Roberto Luongo this will be first appearance in play-off games. Turco's experience in play-offs isn't the best one since he lost 18 games of those 27 play-off appearances, but hey, bad experience is better than no experience. I see Stars advantage over Canucks in depth too. There are maybe too quality shifts in Canucks roster and after them there's nothing while Stars have much more options.
Prediction: Stars to win in seven games.

Dallas Stars @ Vancouver Canucks Under5,0 (without OT) @1,73 Betway, 3Units.

Two defensive minded teams with great penalty killing teams and great goalies in play-off game - sounds like a lowscoring hockey game to me. Canucks goalie Luongo allowed only 2,28 goals per game this season while his opponent Turco allowed even fewer - 2,23. Both teams are tie for 21st place in scoring in whole league and from play-off teams only Devils were scoring fewer. Canucks are the best team when we are talking about penalty killing and Stars aren't far away form them either.
Anyway these looks like perfect numbers for one easy under and this season history between these two helps even more. This season teams played four games to each other and all of the ended with one score 2:1.
Prediction: 1:1 after regulation.

I will add few more games later, I'm a little bit tired from English right now.
:3dgros11:
:+signs8-a

Re: Droppy NHL play-off thread

Anaheim Ducks @1,65 (including OT) Pinnacle, 2Units.
Anaheim Ducks @2,00 (in regulation) Betway, 1Units.
There are some factors that speaks agaist Ducks, like fantastic performance from Wild rookie goalkeeper Niklas Backstrom or great Wilds special teams, but Ducks aren't worse in those components. Backstrom won 23games in his rookie season and his goals against average was highest in the league, but nobody knows how he will play in play-offs. Meanwhile there is great former Stanley cup finalist in Ducks net. Giguere in two play-off appearances played 27 games, won 18 and his save percentage was .932 with 1,95GAA. Backstrom has yet to prove that he is good in play-off games, but we already know that he isn't as great in away games as he is in home games. He is 9-7-2 in away games with 2,47GAA and .914SV% while 14-1-4 with 1,46GAA and .945SV%.
Ducks are great at home and they only lost 6 games in regulation and 7 more in overtimes, thats means they won 28 games from 41 at home. Meanwhile Wild won 19 games away, but lost in 22.
Ducks offense probably is better too, since they have more good scorers than Wild and since they have two defenders who are fantastic in both ends - Pronger and Niedermayer. Hope these two will shut down Gaborik.
Home team is 12-1-1 in the last 14 meetings and Wild are 1-7 in the last 8 games in Anaheim.
Prediction: Ducks - Wild 2:1, with last minute empty net goal, so make it 3:1.
:+signs8-a

Pittsburgh Penguins @2,56 (including OT) Pinnacle, 1Units.
This one probably won't end well, but I will take it anyway with small stakes. Of course Senators are better team and probably will easily end in second round, but I still see value in Pens tonight. They won last three games against Senators, two of them in Ottawa, they have goalie who isn't much worse than Senators Ray Emery and they have young scorers like Crosby, Malkin and Staal and don't count out Pens newcomer Gary Roberts with his experience and leadership. I'm definitely am not Pens fan, but I guess there are good chances they will win tonight.
Prediction: Senators - Penguins 3:4

Last edited:

Total record: 2-2, -1,7Units
Sides: 2-1, +1,3Units
Totals: 0-1, -3,0Units
Series prices: 0-0, +0,0Units

Hope I will perform better today. Made a huge mistake when I took Pens, that was one perfect example why you don't success in play-offs with inexperienced players and why you have to bet against them. Pens looked like my native Latvia usually looks against Canada in World championships - all scared, trembling like an aspen leafs and trying just a little bit too much. All that leads to stupid mistakes and stupid penalties, but thats usually leads to loosing game. These things killed Penguins yesterday and they will be out of play-offs very fast if they won't do something. Didn't saw last ten minutes of the game, but Pens super trio - Crosby, Malkin and Staal where terrible in first two periods and Sens defense completely shut them out of game. They have to be happy it didn't end even uglier.

I will add my write-ups later, but I already like Buf(-1,5), Buf ov and NJ, but I will look deeper in tonight games later. See ya!

New York Rangers @ Atlanta Thrashers TIE after regulation@4,00 Betway, 1Unit.
Took me a long time to think which team will win tonight and after a few minutes of serious thinking I came to decision - tie it is. Both teams are actually very similar to each other. Both teams have few veteran key players and both teams have great goalkeepers. Both teams are great in defense with great executers in the other end and both teams don't have good experience in play-offs (Devils swept Rangers last year and outscored Rangers 17-4 in those four games) or don't have experience at all like Thrashers.
Thrashers special teams are weak. Did I say weak? Well, no, thats not entirely true. They are terrible, horrible, you name it! Well, yeah, thats a problem and that will probably end Thrashers play-off run early, but today, I believe, home crowd will keep Thrashers in the game, they have to, it's first NHL play-off game in Atlanta since 1980.
Both teams love to play in overtimes, I forgot the actual numbers, but if I remember correctly both teams went in overtimes about 25 times this season. Thats like 30%. Even more - four of last six games between these two teams went in overtime.
Prediction: Thrashers - Rangers 3:3
:cheers

I'm looking at the Red Wings - Flames game right now. Looks like a trap from me. Wings are definitely better team, with Hasek in net and so on, and so on... But... I just can't get out of my head two first round series they played over last few years. First was year '03 when they lost Ducks in four games and second was just last year when they lost to Oilers in six games. Besides, Bertuzzi is out, so is Kronvall and Chelios is questionable. They probably will win this one, but I will not risk my money on them. Moving forward.

Tampa Bay Lightning @ 3,00 Betway, 1Unit.
Normally people don't bet against leagues best goalie. Well, I do. It's not like he is unstoppable. Actually Tampa has some success against him in the past. Over last three years his record against Lightning is only 3-6-1 including 1-2-1 this season and including 0-1-1 this season at home. Of course Devils still are favorites of the series, but it definitely will be hard for them. Devils have huge problem with scoring. Patrick Elias is best Devil point scorer with 69. Thats sounds like a joke when you see Lighting defender's Dan Boyle's stats. He has almost as much points as him - 63. Lighting have problems in defense and penalty killing, but hey, thats the reason why they have this great offense with Lecavalier, St. Louis and Richards in front rows.
And while there are problems with Devils offense there is problems with Devils GM's head also. What a heck he was thinking when he fired coach Julien? Three games before end of the successful regular season and so close to important play-off games.
Ok, I know it worked once, it definitely won't work twice.
Prediction: New Jersey Devils - Tampa Bay Lightning 1:2

Buffalo Sabres (-1,5) @ 1,95 Pinnacle, 3Units.
We have new sheriff in the town - Wade Dubielewicz. But he won't hang out here for long. He has just 17 games in his short career in NHL and its doesn't matter how well he played last week and how he brought Isles in play-off, because Sabres will crush him into pieces, into tiny, little pieces. Why? Let's be reasonable here. He's still a minor leaguer and he definitely isn't ready for NHL play-offs. Sabres are the best offensive team in the league and there are many great scorers in the team and everyone of them can score anytime. Four of these guys, Pominville, Briere, Drury and Vanek, scored at least 30 goals this season and three more scored at least 20. They are all healthy and they are all ready to crush play-off rookie Dubielewicz. And they aren't the only ones who will turn this night for Dubielewicz into nightmare. Sabres have one of the best, if not the best, fans in the league and they will cheer for their Sabres all night long and they will cheer for every Dubielewicz error as well. This gonna be one team show all series long.
This season teams met 4times and three of them won Sabres. Sabres are also 7-1 against Isles in last 8games.
I guess it's gonna be over6,5 too, but I will skip that.
Prediction: Buffalo Sabres - New York Islanders 6:3
Adding:
Exact series result: Buffalo Sabres 4:1 @3,23 Pinnacle, 1Unit
Exact series result: Buffalo Sabres 4:0 @4,77 Pinnacle, 1Unit

GL!
:cheers:+waving-2

Total record: 3-4, -0,85Units
Sides: 3-3, +2,15Units
Totals: 0-1, -3,0Units

Three games today. I kinda like Predators and Canucks today, will add my write-ups later.

Vancouver Canucks @1,86 (including OT) Pinnacle, 2Units
Vancouver Canucks @ 2,25 (in regulation) Betway, 1Unit
I'll make it quick. Emotionally there is big advantage now for Nucks since they won that 4OT game two days ago. Stars won't get this game out of their heads anytime soon. Actually I think that was huge turning point in the series and Stars won't cover from loss. Canucks goalie Luongo proved, that he can be not only great goalie in regular seasons, but also in play-offs. He stopped 72shots in his play-off debut, including 32 of them in overtime. He will be huge factor today and probably will show his best after he got some play-off experience.
Home team is 10-1 in the last 11 meetings.
Prediction: Vancouver Canucks - Dallas Stars 3:1

Nashville Predators @1,71 (including OT) Pinnacle, 3Units.
Predators are in situation where they have to win or they will be out of play-offs soon. Sharks best scorer Cheechoo will probably miss tonight game with knee injury. He scored 15goals in last 16 games of season and will be greatly missed by Sharks if he will not play tonight.
Home team is 14-4 in last 18meetings.
Prediction: Predators - Sharks 4:3

Sorry, I'm kinda tired for write-ups, so I will just write down my other picks. :3ddown:

Anaheim Ducks @1,95 (in regulation) Betway, 1Unit
Nashville Predators - San Jose Sharks Over5,5 @2,18 Pinnacle, 2Units
Dallas Stars Under 2,5 @ 1,89 Pinnacle 1Unit

:+waving-2

New York Rangers @2,16 (including OT) Pinnacle, 2Units.

Early today I thought I will bet my money on tie again, but after Bob Hartley announced that he will play with his backup goalie tonight, I changed my mind.
Thrashers goalie Lehtonen allowed 4 goals in first game, but then again, he made 34 saves and definitely was not the reason why Thrashers lost. Offense was struggling. They made only 24 shots and thats definitely not the way how to win Lundqvist. Actually this goalie change looks like panicking from Bob Hartley's side. Nobody changes their best goalkeeper after first play-off game... Nobody... What kind of confidence is that?
Rangers were better in the first game, they were confident and used their chances well.
I don't like to bet against home team which already has one home loss, but Bob, you are not helping me at this one...

Prediction: Thrashers - Rangers 2:4
GL!
:cheers :+waving-2

Ottawa Senators @ 1,80 (in regulation) Betway, 2Units
Ottawa Senators (-1,5) @ 2,66 Pinnacle, 1Units.

It's over Pittsburgh... Your play-off dream is over. Penguins will be out of play-offs very, very fast. They were terrible in first game and they were like lilliputians next to Guliver or Senators. They made stupid mistakes and paid for it. Apparently 16 play-off rookies on one team is far too much. Everyone was wondering how will Crosby perform? To be honest he was terrible and so was Malkin and Staal. Senators defense just shut them down.
Prediction: Senators - Penguins 5:2
GL!

Adding:
Pittsburgh Penguins Under 3,0 @ 1,75 Pinnacle, 1Unit
New York Rangers Over 2,5 @ 1,81 Pinnacle, 1Unit

I will add my night game picks later.
GL!

Tampa Bay Lightning @2,75 (including OT) Pinnacle, 1Unit
Just like in first game, I will bet on Lightning here. In game one they were doing great in offensive end but their goalie was struggling and made some stupid mistakes. After all that was his first career game in play-offs. He just have to play like he did against Devils in regular season games when he allowed only 4games in three games. Offense will do the rest.
New Jersey Devils - Tampa Bay Lightning 2:3

Buffalo Sabres Under 4,0 @ 1,67 Pinnacle, 2Units
Almost took Buffalo (-1,5), but changed my mind cause I have a bad feeling about this. I will trust my instincts and will play against Sabres.
DiPietro is back and Isles were actually great in first game and they were holding against Sabres offense.
Prediction: Buffalo Sabres - New York Islanders 3:1
GL!
Thats it for tonight.
:cheers:+waving-2

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Tampa Bay Lightning @2,75 (including OT) Pinnacle, 1Unit
Just like in first game, I will bet on Lightning here. In game one they were doing great in offensive end but their goalie was struggling and made some stupid mistakes. After all that was his first career game in play-offs. He just have to play like he did against Devils in regular season games when he allowed only 4games in three games. Offense will do the rest.
New Jersey Devils - Tampa Bay Lightning 2:3

DAMN - got the score DEAD ON

way to go - nice cash here

Total record: 10-10, +2,89Units
Sides: 7-7, +3,30Units
Totals: 3-3, -0,41Units

One early game today.
Detroit Red Wings (in regulation) @ 1,73 Pinnacle, 2Units

Red Wings were much better in first game. They made 46shots, but allowed Calgary only 20 shots. They are great at home all year long. They won 29 out of 41 game at home. Meanwhile Calgary
in regulation lost 20 of their away games. Kiprusoff was great, but still allowed four Red Wings goals. He can't be better than that.
Prediction: Detroit Red Wings - Calgary Flames 3:1
:cheers :newsmile00:

Ottawa Senators (including OT) @ 1,95 Betway, 2Units
After yesterdays game there are two possibilities.
1. Senators have lost all their momentum and won't recover from lost game.
2. Senators are very angry and will do everything they can to forget that game and best way to do that is win today.
Personally I believe in second point. Senators are too experienced to cry about losses early in first round. They still were the best team on the ice and they definitely can't wait to prove it. Yesterday was great game for Fleury. He can't save all these shots forever.
Prediction: Pittsburgh Penguins - Ottawa Senators 3:5
:cheers:newsmile00:

Minnesota Wild (including OT) @ 1,74 Pinnacle, 2Units
Minnesota Wild (in regulation) @ 2,35 Pinnacle, 1Unit
It's now or never for Minnesota. They are already down two games after two very close games. Backstrom played very well and they just have play better in offense.
They have pretty good numbers at home this season. They won 29 games at home this season. Head to head stats are 16-5-1 in favor to home team in last 22 games and Ducks have lost last five games in Minnesota.
Prediction: Minnesota Wild - Anaheim Ducks 3:1

Vancouver Canucks shots on goal Over27,5 @ 2,13 Pinnacle, 2Units
Love this one. As we all know, all games between Canucks - Stars probably will be very close. Close games means big possibilities that there will be overtime, but overtime means that Canucks definitely will shot at least 28 shots. And even without overtime there is big possibility that Canucks will shot on goal much. Shots on goal average for Canucks was 29,7 this season and in last game they made 35shots.

Total record: 13-12, +5,51Units
Sides: 9-9, +3,66Units
Totals: 4-3, +1,85Units

Don't have much time, so I will just write my picks down:

Nashville Predators (including OT) @ 2,34 Pinnacle, 3Units
Tampa Bay Lightning (including OT) @ 2,00 Pinnacle, 2Units
New Jersey Devils Under 2,5 @ 2,02 Pinnacle, 1Unit
Buffalo Sabres
shots on goal Over29,5 @ 1,70 Pinnacle, 1Unit

Like two underdogs in series prices:
Nashville Predators to win series @ 2,23 Pinnacle,2Units.
Sharks are done. All they care about now is how to make Predators suffer after what they did to Cheechoo and Bernier. They just don't understand that best way to do is by winning them not beat them into face while they score yet another goal against you.
Tampa Bay Lightning to win series @ 2,31 Pinnacle,2Units.
If they will continue to be successful in offensive end, Devils have no chance.
Flames are underrated too. 11,00 is way too high. They played great at home all season long (1st in league in home wins) and can easily turn this one over.

That's it folks.

Yet Another winning night. :hurrayHowever I'm a little bit worried about my series prices... There are four left of them so far and most of them doesn't look good:
Dallas Stars to win series @ 2,07 Pinnacle, 2Units.
Nashville Predators to win series @ 2,23 Pinnacle,2Units.
Tampa Bay Lightning to win series @ 2,31 Pinnacle,2Units.
Exact series result: Buffalo Sabres 4:1 @3,23 Pinnacle, 1Unit
Exact series result: Buffalo Sabres 4:0 @4,77 Pinnacle, 1Unit (lost already)

Total record: 16-13, +5,23Units

Sides: 10-10, +2,66Units
Totals: 6-3, +3,57Units
Series prices: 0-1, -1,0Units (Pending: 4)

Will add my today picks later...

Today plays:
New York Rangers (in regulation) @ 2,00 Betway, 2Units
Minnesota Wild (including OT) @ 2,00 Pinnacle, 2Units
Dallas Stars (including OT) @ 1,65 Pinnacle, 3Units
Calgary Flames (including OT) @ 2,15 Pinnacle, 1Unit
Pittsburgh Penguins Over3,0 @ 2,05 Pinnacle, 1Unit
Anaheim Ducks shots on goal Under28,5 @ 1,74 Pinnacle, 1Unit
New York Rangers shots on goal Over32,5 @ 1,75 Pinnacle, 2Units

Total record: 20-16, +6,88Units
Sides: 13-11, +4,81Units
Totals: 7-5, +3,07Units

Today plays:
New York Rangers (-1,5) @ 2,44 Pinnacle, 2Units
Tampa Bay Lightning (Including OT) @ 2,08 Pinnacle, 1Unit
San Jose Sharks (In regulation) @ 2,05 Pinnacle, 2Units
Nashville Predators @ San Jose Sharks Over5,5 @ 2,16 Pinnacle, 1Unit
New Jersey Devils Under 2,5 @ 2,02 Pinnacle, 1Unit

Total record: 22-19, +8,86Units
Sides: 15-12, +8,79Units
Totals: 7-7, +1,07Units

Today plays:
Pittsburgh Penguins shots on goal under 27,5 @ 2,05 Pinnacle, 3Units
In this series Penguins have an average of 22,5 shots on goal per game. They haven't reach 28shots mark even once, why should they do it tonight?
Calgary Flames (Including OT) @ 2,24 Pinnacle, 2Units
As I said few days earlier. Home/away factor is huge for Flames and they can still make this series tough for Red Wings. They played way better in Calgary, than they did in first two games in motor city.
Vancouver Canucks (Including OT) @ 1,75 Pinnacle, 2Units
Vancouver Canucks shots on goal over 27,5 @ 2,21 Pinnacle, 2Units

Total record: 24-21, +10,49Units
Sides: 16-13, +9,27Units
Totals: 8-8, +2,22Units

Total record: 25-23, +10,72Units
Sides: 16-13, +9,27Units
Totals: 8-8, +2,22Units
Series prices: 1-2, -0,77Units (Pending: 2)

Detroit Red Wings (-1,5) @ 2,23 Pinnacle, 1Unit
Home goals Under 9,5 (including OT) @ 2,06 Pinnacle, 3Units
Dallas Stars shots on goal Over27,5 @ 1,80 Pinnacle, 2Units

Total record: 27-24, +13,13Units
Sides: 17-13, +10,50Units
Totals: 9-9, +3,40Units
Series prices: 1-2, -0,77Units (Pending: 2)