Dontrelle Willis to become a daddy today and he's pitching tonight

Salo

EOG Dedicated
Pitching tonight against the Atlanta Braves is the second most important thing Florida Marlins starting pitcher Dontrelle Willis will do today.
Willis will become a father today. His wife, Natalee, is being induced and Willis will be at the hospital with her.
The southpaw pitcher elected not to reschedule his start and will pitch tonight at 7:00 p.m. ET. Oddsmakers set the Marlins as ?134 favorites and the total opened at 9 runs.
?That?s just how it played out,? Willis told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel. ?She has her whole family here. It might have been different if we were in Milwaukee, but everybody she needs is in town so she just told me to go out there and be happy.?
Willis told the paper how much his family means to him.
?I never had my father in my life, so it?s a little different mind-set for myself than other people I guess,? he said. ?I?ve already been through crappy times without a father in my life, so I?m thinking about just being there for the kid? It?s life changing. It?s already been life changing.?
Willis is 3-1 with a 5.25 ERA this season. Marlins backers are up 2.87 units for his four starts so far in 2007.

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation
Re: Dontrelle Willis to become a daddy today and he's pitching tonight

he'll win imo.

because even if he loses the game he'll be a winner.

lot less pressure.

fish are the play.

oh and davies aint good.

mofome

Banned

when tigers woods is going to have a baby within 9 months, he has an excuse for every bad shot he makes. golf is too much comedy to watch.

janus

EOG Dedicated

when tigers woods is going to have a baby within 9 months, he has an excuse for every bad shot he makes. golf is too much comedy to watch.

apples v. oranges

JT McGEE

EOG Addicted

Just look at Chuck Hayes for the Rockets. He had a kid born on Saturday and played well.

Marlins Win.

mofome

Banned

apples v. oranges

no, not at all. 1) i did not compare the situations, i just made a comment. 2) many golfers have wives, gfs, and so on, but they make an excuse for everything tiger does wrong. sometimes he just gets beat, but golf people would have you believe otherwise. 'tiger is gonna have a baby in 7 months, i wonder how he is even able to play. oh the courage'.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: