OT: Opinions on LOU DOBBS

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
Re: OT: Opinions on LOU DOBBS

I like the guys journalism during the week on CNN. Very good debater when he is prepared.

Of course it helps to be right on the issue, ie. illegal aliens....too bad no politician will speak with his candor, well, maybe except for Tancredo and he doesn't have a prayer of getting the nomination let alone winning the election.

Of course it helps to be right on the issue, ie. illegal aliens....too bad no politician will speak with his candor, well, maybe except for Tancredo and he doesn't have a prayer of getting the nomination let alone winning the election.

I agree. Tancredo isn't the only one running on the illegal immigration platform, but neither of them have a chance.

The good news is that they'll have an influence on the legitimate candidates and hopefully force them to change their policies.

The Devil

EOG Master

I saw him on 60 minutes last night......Funny thing is his wife is Mexican.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Amazing the frequency in which Lou can bring common sense up and it Makes Perfect Sense.

Complete loser though when it comes to understanding economics. To Lou everything should be like it was in the 50s and 60s and if the world has changed, well dammit change it back. Nice try Lou, but it just isn't going to happen. Same with immigrants, what is "right" doesn't equate to what is reality. We would all love a world with orderly borders and immigration, but guess what around the world its pretty much the same we are certainly not alone in this state of less than perfectly secure border. Poorer folks trying to sneak into and get jobs amongst the richest folks.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I agree. Tancredo isn't the only one running on the illegal immigration platform, but neither of them have a chance.

The good news is that they'll have an influence on the legitimate candidates and hopefully force them to change their policies.

Did you forget something in this post? Who's the other one running on the illegal immigration platform?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Complete loser though when it comes to understanding economics. To Lou everything should be like it was in the 50s and 60s and if the world has changed, well dammit change it back. Nice try Lou, but it just isn't going to happen. Same with immigrants, what is "right" doesn't equate to what is reality. We would all love a world with orderly borders and immigration, but guess what around the world its pretty much the same we are certainly not alone in this state of less than perfectly secure border. Poorer folks trying to sneak into and get jobs amongst the richest folks.

Are you for real? You're dangerous in that you think you have a brain but in reality you're one of the most ignorant people I've ever seen.

"What is "right" doesn't equate to what is reality." HUH? So in other words, we should just accept what is "wrong"? I don't think so!

"We would all love a world with orderly borders and immigration"....yes, we would. And we have laws that would make it that way, but "we", meaning the politicians, don't enforce the laws.

"but guess what around the world its pretty much the same we are certainly not alone in this state of less than perfectly secure border." Wrong. No other country in the world allows for as much legal immigration as the USA, and no other country in the world allows for as much illegal immigration. It's very simple, we need to secure our borders and enforce the existing laws on immigration.

mofome

Banned

Are you for real? You're dangerous in that you think you have a brain but in reality you're one of the most ignorant people I've ever seen.

"What is "right" doesn't equate to what is reality." HUH? So in other words, we should just accept what is "wrong"? I don't think so!

"We would all love a world with orderly borders and immigration"....yes, we would. And we have laws that would make it that way, but "we", meaning the politicians, don't enforce the laws.

"but guess what around the world its pretty much the same we are certainly not alone in this state of less than perfectly secure border." Wrong. No other country in the world allows for as much legal immigration as the USA, and no other country in the world allows for as much illegal immigration. It's very simple, we need to secure our borders and enforce the existing laws on immigration.

you suggest these things as if the US allows these things due to its kind nature. we do this b/c, in the US, we have laws that are in place to regulate wages. illegal immigrants can make no complaints, on many fronts, so we use them as much as they use us.
there are countries that, percentage wise, allow for as much immigration as the US. Or, i should say, allow for immigrants to make up as large a part of their population.

You really believe all that? Get out a little more and realize illegals are lambasted around the world. Even our good friends in Costa Rica can tell you about their illegal immigration problem. Maybe we have more in raw total of immigrants because of our large population, but as a percentage there are plenty of equal or worse problems around the world.

Whenever there is a differential in wages and demand people flow to fill equalize it. Enforcing our borders as so many politicians like to put it isn't going to stop it, the majority of illegals in this country got in through legal means. Not all illegals are Mexican, many are British, Canadian, Australian, Japanese, and many other nationalities where there is no visa required to enter. Add to that many Mexicans who enter legally and then stay illegally to work. None of this will be stopped with a fence or more border patrol agents.

The only way we can be free of illegal immigration is to become like North Korea and ban people from coming and going. Would you suggest that is a wise move?

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

. None of this will be stopped with a fence or more border patrol agents.

The only way we can be free of illegal immigration is to become like North Korea and ban people from coming and going. Would you suggest that is a wise move?

Why do you say that? We haven't tried yet! I don't agree with your premise that we can only be free of illegal immigration if we become like North Korea. We should secure our borders and enforce our laws. Such a simple concept, but one we've never tried so far. We tried amnesty, (what about 20-25 years ago?)...that was a great success...NOT.

Even if they tried to enforce the laws, many people would slip through the cracks. Even worse we would see some major economic issues that would really test a lot of people's patience. I don't think people really have thought this through that is all. It isn't just as easy as enforcing the law when businesses shut down for a lack of people and people start losing jobs because jobs below them can't be filled. You can't just cut out the parts of the economy you don't like and expect everything to go smoothly.

I don't have a big opposition to enforcing the laws, but the laws as they are written are unworkable. There needs to be a lot of thinking put into this and the Tancredo mantra of kick everyone out, clean everything up, then we'll think about changes is just a recipe for disaster.

mofome

Banned

Why do you say that? We haven't tried yet! I don't agree with your premise that we can only be free of illegal immigration if we become like North Korea. We should secure our borders and enforce our laws. Such a simple concept, but one we've never tried so far. We tried amnesty, (what about 20-25 years ago?)...that was a great success...NOT.

at least you've realized the fact that the US doesn't allow more immigration than everyone. not like this is a problem foreign to other lands.

:nono

its nice to have semi-productive talks. no need to call WB ignorant and then go on to state some fictional statistics.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Even if they tried to enforce the laws, many people would slip through the cracks. Even worse we would see some major economic issues that would really test a lot of people's patience. I don't think people really have thought this through that is all. It isn't just as easy as enforcing the law when businesses shut down for a lack of people and people start losing jobs because jobs below them can't be filled. You can't just cut out the parts of the economy you don't like and expect everything to go smoothly.

I don't have a big opposition to enforcing the laws, but the laws as they are written are unworkable. There needs to be a lot of thinking put into this and the Tancredo mantra of kick everyone out, clean everything up, then we'll think about changes is just a recipe for disaster.

I agree with you WB, but let's change the laws then. Have more legal immigration or guest worker programs. But this blatant disregard for the law is just ridiculous. Look at the VaBch fiasco...illegal alien is picked up for DUI, license suspended and jail time ordered but suspended, but he is not deported and he drives drunk again on suspended license this time and kills two innocent girls. My 2 son-in-laws are cops and the stories they tell are just ridiculous....add with that the fact that the cops get no support from their own organizations(see the thread where the cop was suspended for arresting a lady who left the scene before getting her ticket, and the LA riots where the cops are being suspended for just doing their jobs). This country is in a mess right now and it's because of this blatant disregard for the law/law enforcement. The criminals have all the rights in this country.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

WOW....watch the O'Reilly factor tonight....these 3 Duka brothers picked up in the Fort Dix terrorism case were illegal aliens who apparently crossed into the US through Mexico in 1984, even though they're from the Balkans. And even though they collectively had their drivers licenses suspended 54 TIMES, they were never deported, not did anyone of them EVER spend a day in jail. But never fear, our justice system will incarcerate Paris Hilton for 45 days....now you can feel safe!