How good is Tiger Woods??? He is the best EVER in any sport!`

PO69

EOG Master
Well except for maybe Roger Federer. And that is a tough comparison because in tennis, you only need to actually BEAT 5-7 opponents to win an event.

[FONT=arial,helvetica]TW has won 9 of 12 events since missing the cut at the US Open last year. Is that any good? Not to mention that he is first in FedEx points although he has only played in 6 events. That is ridiculous, LOL. He does not have that great a professional track record at the TPC Players course, but I would never bet against El Tigre that's for sure! [/FONT]

janus

EOG Dedicated
Re: How good is Tiger Woods??? He is the best EVER in any sport!`

yeah, he's pretty damn good.

mofome

Banned

Well except for maybe Roger Federer. And that is a tough comparison because in tennis, you only need to actually BEAT 5-7 opponents to win an event.

[FONT=arial,helvetica]TW has won 9 of 12 events since missing the cut at the US Open last year. Is that any good? Not to mention that he is first in FedEx points although he has only played in 6 events. That is ridiculous, LOL. He does not have that great a professional track record at the TPC Players course, but I would never bet against El Tigre that's for sure! [/FONT]

so you know, if tiger had to beat 5-7 people, one on one, in each event he would win less often. he doesnt fair well in match play.

also, golf is not a sport.

also, lmfao at this thread.

:+excited-

janus

EOG Dedicated

alright mo... i appreciate your sports knowledge, but i disagree here so maybe i'll get an education from this... its an old debate: define "a sport".

d ray

EOG Dedicated

i'd have to disagree with you as well mofo. Tiger is a very good match player also. so you're wrong there.

janus

EOG Dedicated

(incidentally, d ray, neil is fucking killing me... couldnt you go with the nick nolte mugshot or something?)

mofome

Banned

i'd have to disagree with you as well mofo. Tiger is a very good match player also. so you're wrong there.

whats his record in match play tourneys? i dont follow golf much, but i see him lose to goofballs all the time one on one.

also, he wouldnt have nearly as good a record as roger if all the majors were played like that. its absurd to even suggest that he would. not that you did.

mofome

Banned

alright mo... i appreciate your sports knowledge, but i disagree here so maybe i'll get an education from this... its an old debate: define "a sport".

for something to be a sport, there must be an offense and a defense. you must compete on some platform, at the same time as others (not within 10 minutes of someone elses shot), who are trying to beat you and stop you from doing what you want to do. you must have to react to someone other than yourself and, at times, due so instantly. thats what an athlete has to do in a sport. athletes can play golf, but playing golf does not make someone an athlete. playing a sport, on the other hand, does make you an athlete.

janus

EOG Dedicated

i'd agree with that; good distinction.

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

Of course he's an athelete. His hand eye coordination alone ranks him as a top athelete and the physcial control to do what he does makes this a no brainer imo.

mofome

Banned

Of course he's an athelete. His hand eye coordination alone ranks him as a top athelete and the physcial control to do what he does makes this a no brainer imo.

who said hes not an athlete? no brainer indeed. you are well qualified.

janus

EOG Dedicated

i dont think anyone debated that point.

janus

EOG Dedicated

d ray

EOG Dedicated

i'm looking for his all-time record, can't seem to find it, i'll keep looking.

i know it's quite impressive in match play.

marlboro8425

EOG Senior Member

how good will his hand eye coordination be if he stepped up to the plate in baseball. golf should def not be considered a sport. ping pong is more of a sport than golf.

mofome

Banned

i'm looking for his all-time record, can't seem to find it, i'll keep looking.

i know it's quite impressive in match play.

yeah, hes the best. i dont think he would win more often if they had the same format as tennis. i think the way it is, is perfect though. golf is as it should be and so is tennis, obviously. as i said, i dont follow golf, i just follow sports.

let me know his record in match play tourneys and then his record in majors.

ty

:cheers

mofome

Banned

how good will his hand eye coordination be if he stepped up to the plate in baseball. golf should def not be considered a sport. ping pong is more of a sport than golf.

yep.

frankjohnson

EOG Dedicated

Don't know why but sports boards posters sure are uptight and critical.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">1. Tiger Woods</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">25-5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2-0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2. David Toms</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">22-6</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2-0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">3. Davis Love III</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">18-9</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0-1</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">4. Darren Clarke</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">14-7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0-1</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">T5. Adam Scott</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">12-6</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0-1</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">T5. Chris DiMarco</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">12-7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">1-1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
this is just for all-time record in the accenture match play tourny.

he dominated as an amatuar

mofome

Banned

in golf you can practice on the best courses and all. simulate actual match conditions. that is not the case in real sports, certainly not ones when played at the highest level.

mofome

Banned

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">1. Tiger Woods</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">25-5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2-0</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2. David Toms</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">22-6</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">2-0</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">3. Davis Love III</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">18-9</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0-1</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">4. Darren Clarke</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">14-7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0-1</TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">T5. Adam Scott</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">12-6</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">0-1</TD></TR><TR class=bg2><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">T5. Chris DiMarco</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">12-7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: left">1-1</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
this is just for all-time record in the accenture match play tourny.

he dominated as an amatuar

is that the only match play one? it was a couple years ago i believe, but he lost to some guy that was crap. i think a couple years in a row. maybe its the one where the US plays Europe. im not sure at all.

thanks for pulling those stats up.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE style="CLEAR: right; BORDER-RIGHT: #aaaaaa 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #aaaaaa 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 87%; BACKGROUND: #f9f9f9; MARGIN: 0.5em 0px 1em 1em; BORDER-LEFT: #aaaaaa 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #aaaaaa 1px solid; POSITION: relative; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width=290 align=right border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Masters</TD><TD>Won 1997, 2001, 2002, 2005</TD></TR><TR><TD>U.S. Open</TD><TD>Won 2000, 2002</TD></TR><TR><TD>British Open</TD><TD>Won 2000, 2005, 2006</TD></TR><TR><TD>PGA Championship</TD><TD>Won 1999, 2000, 2006</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

d ray

EOG Dedicated

is that the only match play one? it was a couple years ago i believe, but he lost to some guy that was crap. i think a couple years in a row. maybe its the one where the US plays Europe. im not sure at all.

thanks for pulling those stats up.

that would be the ryder cup, thats only every 2 years, i'll try to pull those stats up.

mofome

Banned

<TABLE style="CLEAR: right; BORDER-RIGHT: #aaaaaa 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #aaaaaa 1px solid; FONT-SIZE: 87%; BACKGROUND: #f9f9f9; MARGIN: 0.5em 0px 1em 1em; BORDER-LEFT: #aaaaaa 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #aaaaaa 1px solid; POSITION: relative; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width=290 align=right border=1><TBODY><TR><TD>Masters</TD><TD>Won 1997, 2001, 2002, 2005</TD></TR><TR><TD>U.S. Open</TD><TD>Won 2000, 2002</TD></TR><TR><TD>British Open</TD><TD>Won 2000, 2005, 2006</TD></TR><TR><TD>PGA Championship</TD><TD>Won 1999, 2000, 2006</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
it seems that he did decently in 2000.

:cool:

d ray

EOG Dedicated

The media have often drawn comparisons between Woods and tennis star Roger Federer, as both men have dominated their respective sports for some time. Federer and Woods have developed a much-publicized friendship in recent years, finally meeting at the 2006 US Open men's tennis final, and they have attended each other's events to watch each other when they compete near one another.<SUP class=reference id=_ref-45>[46]</SUP> Federer said of Woods "I'm a big fan of Tiger[.] What he has achieved is incredible. He has been able to win all four majors and stay at the top for so long. The impact he has had on golf is incredible."<SUP class=reference id=_ref-46>[47]</SUP> After Woods won the Associate Press's Male Athlete of the Year Award for 2006, he said of Federer "What he's done in tennis, I think, is far greater than what I've done in golf."<SUP class=reference id=_ref-47>[48]</SUP> After Federer watched Woods during a practice round at the CA Championship in 2007, Woods said of Federer "It's pretty neat when you have probably the most dominant athlete on the planet out there in your gallery."<SUP class=reference id=_ref-48>[49]</SUP>

Brock

EOG Dedicated

Tiger has got to learn the camera is on him. Cut out the
sailor salutes and spitting. Not that appealing.

PO69

EOG Master

YO MOFOME! You dont about golf!

If he only has to beat 5-7 players, then he wouldnt have to face most of the great players and beat EACH OF THEM!!!

Tiger has a great matchplay record. OF course he loses at times, but not often.

Lets keep in mind that RYDER CUP is NOT FOR MONEY!!!

Also, the Ryder Cup matches would be like semifinal or finals matches in tennis. All 24 of those players are near the best in the world

janus

EOG Dedicated

aw come on, d ray, change that fucking avatar.

mofome

Banned

YO MOFOME! You dont about golf!

If he only has to beat 5-7 players, then he wouldnt have to face most of the great players and beat EACH OF THEM!!!

Tiger has a great matchplay record. OF course he loses at times, but not often.

Lets keep in mind that RYDER CUP is NOT FOR MONEY!!!

Also, the Ryder Cup matches would be like semifinal or finals matches in tennis. All 24 of those players are near the best in the world

he loses far more often in match play than roger does.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

his ryder cup record is so-so, i can't find an exact record. but the europeans usually dominate the americans

d ray

EOG Dedicated

aw come on, d ray, change that fucking avatar.
since i changed the avatar the cubs have been on a 5 game winning streak. I'm not changing until they lose.

:+textinb3

janus

EOG Dedicated

he also takes alot less shots than roger does. outcomes average to a deserved mean.

PO69

EOG Master

Federer did lose to Canas this year in the second round of a tourney where he received a bye in the first round.

He then lost to Canas again a few weeks later and it wasnt in the finals

d ray

EOG Dedicated

since 1997 his 1st ryder cup he is 5-8-2 total
in singles 1-1-1
doubles or what they call foursomes 2 vs 2 he is 4-7-1

d ray

EOG Dedicated

few things about the ryder cup you need to take into consideration. The 4-7-1 record is witha partner and sometime alternate shots. he has no control over what his teamate does. they play singles on the last day and in most years the americans are out of it. Tiger also is usually the last group, by the time he hits the back nine it might be all over for them and nothing to play for.

the closest comparison is the accenture match play which is a tournament style golf event. and as i already posted, he has the best record all time in that. 25-5.

plus didnt federer lose on clay AGAIN??