drinking...

janus

EOG Dedicated
for those of you who drank before you got married but found your drinking was a problem after you got married..... was it because your drinking got worse or because your spouse became more sensitive to it?

dirty

EOG Master
Re: drinking...

It is because she became more sensitive to it... I actually drank less than I did before we got married...Kids and shit will do that to ya....

Most women think once they get that Piece of paper signed by a Priest or Judge and the I Do's Said, then that is a License to be a bitch and change you. WTF gives them this idea... you are who you are... I understand the Give and Take, but damn the Spending time with buddies, Golf, Drinking a few drinks when you are with them should not have to change IMO

janus

EOG Dedicated

It is because she became more sensitive to it... I actually drank less than I did before we got married...Kids and shit will do that to ya....

Most women think once they get that Piece of paper signed by a Priest or Judge and the I Do's Said, then that is a License to be a bitch and change you. WTF gives them this idea... you are who you are... I understand the Give and Take, but damn the Spending time with buddies, Golf, Drinking a few drinks when you are with them should not have to change IMO

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

good shit, dirty. it always seemed odd to me that you get what you shop for but i've never been in this situation before.

There is a reason I am 38 and not married, and Im ok with that. Its not necessarily drinking related, just have become very set in my ways over the last 10 years since I moved down South. Left a 4 year relationshit up North that was going nowhere, now I enjoy not having to answer to anyone or anything. I am what I am, and most likely wont change for anyone. Im still holding out for a Southern Belle who is ok with gambling, golfing and drinking.

janus

EOG Dedicated

There is a reason I am 38 and not married, and Im ok with that. Its not necessarily drinking related, just have become very set in my ways over the last 10 years since I moved down South. Left a 4 year relationshit up North that was going nowhere, now I enjoy not having to answer to anyone or anything. I am what I am, and most likely wont change for anyone. Im still holding out for a Southern Belle who is ok with gambling, golfing and drinking.

from what i've seen, southern belles seem to be good with that. maybe its you.

janus

EOG Dedicated

maybe what im talking about is women who dont have an issue with the "lake lifestyle" pre-marriage but do post-marriage. thoughts?

dirty

EOG Master

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

good shit, dirty. it always seemed odd to me that you get what you shop for but i've never been in this situation before.

Why do you think I was only married 5 years and will never again do so.... NEVER!!!!

Almost all women are this way. I know when I go to a wedding or am in a wedding for a friend I consider it a Funeral, because you know that withing 3-5 years your Buddy will be miserable and you will see less and less of him. If you are his Best friend then the Wifey blames everything on you. Not your fault she does not go out and spend time with her friends or get a Hobby or something... damn...:+whipping

dirty

EOG Master

maybe what im talking about is women who dont have an issue with the "lake lifestyle" pre-marriage but do post-marriage. thoughts?

Lots of Southern Belles are great women, and don't Bitch. I have dated a few that married others. I was serious with them, and you know at the time they are what you are looking for but just not ready to settle down. If you get one you better hang on to her... cause marrying a Bitch will ruin the sanctity of marriage for Life :finger004:finger004:finger004

janus

EOG Dedicated

Why do you think I was only married 5 years and will never again do so.... NEVER!!!!

Almost all women are this way. I know when I go to a wedding or am in a wedding for a friend I consider it a Funeral, because you know that withing 3-5 years your Buddy will be miserable and you will see less and less of him. If you are his Best friend then the Wifey blames everything on you. Not your fault she does not go out and spend time with her friends or get a Hobby or something... damn...:+whipping

youre getting to the heart of the matter. hmm. i know no-one ever thinks this way pre-engagement; so are you saying that it always gets to this point? forgive me my lack of insight, but are you saying all marriages get to level where they are all shit evaluations of eachothers negative qualities? i have my few as does my mate & if thats the way its gonna be, fux dat.

yea, I joke when I go to weddings that he is getting buried, not married. Im really not all that jaded, but i do know how I am, and the woman I settle down with will have to tolerate ceetain things, end of story. :cheers

andrew748

Banned

8 years soon and similar to Hoffa :)

you'd be amazed how much slack the odd house hold chore gains you :)

andrew748

Banned

i wash the dishes most nights, dispense a massage or two during rag week, hang the washing etc etc.

experience has shown me that when Emma advises me to slow down my drinking at public gatherings it is because i'm being an ass.

that sort of stuff, which means when i want to go and get shit faced with my mates, i can :D

and no lectures in the morning :thumbsup

janus

EOG Dedicated

good on you, sir. would it be different if you were here in the states?

Katie

EOG Master

i can't believe that you guys DRINK!!

i am shocked and appalled!! :houra

dirty

EOG Master

youre getting to the heart of the matter. hmm. i know no-one ever thinks this way pre-engagement; so are you saying that it always gets to this point? forgive me my lack of insight, but are you saying all marriages get to level where they are all shit evaluations of eachothers negative qualities? i have my few as does my mate & if thats the way its gonna be, fux dat.

yes it is Inevitable.... But the marriages that work the people realize that you are 2 different People that Love each other. You also have to be able to give each other freedom, but at the same time expect a little give and take. The problem is that Women mainly and some Jealous dickhead men expect their partner to be perfect, or become perfect, once the I do's are said. It is something that needs to be talked about, because if people think the words "I Do" change people overnight or you expect them to do a 180' turn... you are just wasting Time, Money and Lots of could be Happiness

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

Country boy's perspective

To make it work--marry within your economic means race and religion! Not much more can be said; except age range.