The Price Is Right: Big Wheel

You are the first spinner (of 3). You can spin once or twice. Contestant with the highest total without going over $1.00 advances to the Showcase Showdown.

Your first spin is $0.60. Do you spin again or stay? With two people behind you, I'm thinking it would be better to spin again, even though the odds of going over is >50%. Whad'yall think?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: The Price Is Right: Big Wheel

You are the first spinner (of 3). You can spin once or twice. Contestant with the highest total without going over $1.00 advances to the Showcase Showdown.

Your first spin is $0.60. Do you spin again or stay? With two people behind you, I'm thinking it would be better to spin again, even though the odds of going over is >50%. Whad'yall think?
I agree. I'd spin again!

BTW, two nightime versions of TPIR next Tuesday and Wednesday at 8 o'clock primetime! Big money! The second show is celebrating Bob's 50 years as a host on tv!

purplepat

EOG Senior Member

Wow, that is a toughie....but I think I would also spin again. Both contestants behind you have a decent chance at beating you with their first spin, and certainly have nothing to lose by going for broke with their second spin if they are under you. Sitting on .60 is about like staying on 17 with the dealer showing a face card, or having 16 with the dealer showing a 7.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

1st - spin again
2nd - stay as long as i was in the lead (which we are assuming i am) - GOTTA make #3 beat me - if i bust they win automatically so i gotta make THEM beat me

JeffR

EOG Senior Member

Sitting on .60 is about like staying on 17 with the dealer showing a face card, or having 16 with the dealer showing a 7.

I think what you really meant was "sitting on a SOFT 17." That's the analogy that works.:smokesmal

I think what you really meant was "sitting on a SOFT 17." That's the analogy that works.:smokesmal

No one ever should stay on a soft 17. If you want to use soft hands in the analogy, soft 18 works better since that generally needs a decision.

At what point would you guys stay? 65 cents? 70 cents? 75 cents?

I'd say 70 cents. Still not the greatest situation with 2 more people having to go but you have to draw the line somewhere.

Too bad John Scarney is not still alive. He would have it all figured out right away. He figured out odds on everything - even carnival games and such.