early super bowl prediction

Re: early super bowl prediction

eagles ..

Donavan can't be outclassed by Kelly Holcomb.. Garcia is gone... but not forgotten..

bigpower, could you please take this thread a little more seriously.

They will punish the skins this year.. Campbell vs. Mcnabb I'll take Mcnabb, Portis vs. Westbrook... I'll take Westbrook.. Reid vs. Gibbs.. I'll take Reid.. Look for Avant and Baskett to break out his year.. Takeo Spikes can still play.. Kearse is back.. Our DBs and Corner's are better.. Eagles>Redskins, MO..

mofome

Banned

They will punish the skins this year.. Campbell vs. Mcnabb I'll take Mcnabb, Portis vs. Westbrook... I'll take Westbrook.. Reid vs. Gibbs.. I'll take Reid.. Look for Avant and Baskett to break out his year.. Takeo Spikes can still play.. Kearse is back.. Our DBs and Corner's are better.. Eagles>Redskins, MO..

bigpower, i can see you like to drink. nothing wrong with that, just keep it under control. the eagles have as many super bowl wins as the eog softball team. keep that in mind.
:cheers

bigpower, i can see you like to drink. nothing wrong with that, just keep it under control. the eagles have as many super bowl wins as the eog softball team. keep that in mind.

True, Jaws had no hope against that raider team..but if it wasn't for bad clock management vs the Pats the green would have been victorious.. Mcnabb's last Td should have been caught atleast 1 minute earlier..

Eagles will sweep the skins this year..

mofome

Banned

True, Jaws had no hope against that raider team..but if it wasn't for bad clock management vs the Pats the green would have been victorious.. Mcnabb's last Td should have been caught atleast 1 minute earlier..

Eagles will sweep the skins this year..

would of? come on now, not as if the eagles have only been in the league for 2 years. the eagles are one of the most pathetic sports teams in the world. i say that with love. the only way the eagles will beat the skins is if we're resting players b/c we've clinched the NFC. congrats on taking kolb. solid selection. or something. :)

would of? come on now, not as if the eagles have only been in the league for 2 years. the eagles are one of the most pathetic sports teams in the world. i say that with love. the only way the eagles will beat the skins is if we're resting players b/c we've clinched the NFC. congrats on taking kolb. solid selection. or something. :)

Yes Kolb was a headscratcher considering we have the mighty A.J. Feeley as our #2.. Dan Snyder has ruined the Skins for the next decade..

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Reid vs. Gibbs.. I'll take Reid ??????????????

You have got to be kidding. It's not a wing eating contest or whose sons are most likely to be called felons. Those 3 rings on Gibbs fingers are for Super Bowl wins. Try winning at least one before even saying their names in the same sentence.

Reid vs. Gibbs.. I'll take Reid ??????????????

You have got to be kidding. It's not a wing eating contest or whose sons are most likely to be called felons. Those 3 rings on Gibbs fingers are for Super Bowl wins. Try winning at least one before even saying their names in the same sentence.

Talking about right now.. jacksorbetter.. You think Gibbs is a better coach than Reid right now? Not 1991 my friend...I just said their names in the same sentence, see that was easy..

mofome

Banned

Yes Kolb was a headscratcher considering we have the mighty A.J. Feeley as our #2.. Dan Snyder has ruined the Skins for the next decade..

for the next decade? how silly. we were in the playoffs the year before last. we have a good coaching staff. we have more talent on offense than the eagles. we need to get some help on the dline and we're fine.

gibbs = HOF
Reid = Hot dog eating contest winna

for the next decade? how silly. we were in the playoffs the year before last. we have a good coaching staff. we have more talent on offense than the eagles. we need to get some help on the dline and we're fine.

gibbs = HOF
Reid = Hot dog eating contest winna

You guys need to bring back Mark Rypien and Joe Jacoby and maybe we can talk..

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Do you mean the Andy Reid that people were trying to run out of town last year before the late run? I don't think Gibbs has adapted to the way the league has changed but I think Reid is so overrated. The Eagles will not win the East this year. Trotter has lost 3 steps, they have one legitimate safety on their team and their WR's are still pitiful.

mofome

Banned

You guys need to bring back Mark Rypien and Joe Jacoby and maybe we can talk..

about what? certainly not winning superbowls.

let me ask you something, does having a favorite team thats never won a superbowl make you want to make out with men? i couldnt tell you, my team has won 3. im just trying to understand some things.

Do you mean the Andy Reid that people were trying to run out of town last year before the late run? I don't think Gibbs has adapted to the way the league has changed but I think Reid is so overrated. The Eagles will not win the East this year. Trotter has lost 3 steps, they have one legitimate safety on their team and their WR's are still pitiful.

Wrong again... Wow I guess I'll be telling you guys I told you so come January..

mofome

Banned

trivia quesition. who has more superbowl wins?

a) the eagles
b) me, deeds, jacks, and the shrink
c) same amount

:+clueless

biggest compliment their Wrs have gotten this year. they would be humbled to read your words. kind of ya.

I heard the discarded Freddy Mitchell signed with the skins.. How did Ron Gardner work out for you guys? How about James Thrash? Coles? Randel-El?

mofome

Banned

I heard the discarded Freddy Mitchell signed with the skins.. How did Ron Gardner work out for you guys? How about James Thrash? Coles? Randel-El?

coles? well he seemed happy in the pro-bowl. ron gardner? i could probably answer you questions better if you used real names. thrash? fine special teams player. santana moss? seems to enjoy playing in hawaii as well. :)

freddy mitchel may have been the worst WR to ever play. An even worse person. fine first round selection.

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Thrash was originally a Skin. They traded Coles for Santana Moss. The team that drafted Mike Mamula, Jon Harris and Jerome McDougle with their 1st round picks can't laugh at anyone about draft picks.

mofome

Banned

Thrash was originally a Skin. They traded Coles for Santana Moss. The team that drafted Mike Mamula, Jon Harris and Jerome McDougle with their 1st round picks can't laugh at anyone about draft picks.

and freddy mitchel.

Exactly, Thrash sucked so bad on he Eagles you guys took him back.. What, no answer on Gardner? Of course not.. Eagles went to the playoffs last year you did not.. Eagles were in a superbowl recently, you haven't been in a while.. The Eagles are better..deal with it...

jacksorbetter

EOG Dedicated

Exactly, Thrash sucked so bad on he Eagles you guys took him back.. What, no answer on Gardner? Of course not.. Eagles went to the playoffs last year you did not.. Eagles were in a superbowl recently, you haven't been in a while.. The Eagles are better..deal with it...

1st of all, check out my flag. It says Ravens. They were in the playoffs last year as well at 13-3. They have been around for 11 years and have already won a Super Bowl. I live in Philly and you are crazy if you think they have any shot at a Super Bowl this year or any year soon.

Rod Gardner caught 227 passes in 4 years for the Skins. That is quite a bit more than Freddie caught as an Eagle.

mofome

Banned

please, dont get serious here. ive been light hearted and sarcastic. i could shit all over the birds if need be. ron gardner is not a person that played for the redskins. understand? Rod gardner was better than freddy mitchel though, so whats your point? thrash came to the skins to play special teams, something he did well for us. eagles went to the playoffs last year...and? so what? the bears went to the superbowl...who cares? fact is, you play to win the superbowl, everything else is crap. the eagles are a fucking joke. they have never won a SB. never. none. they are a pathetic POS organization. thats reality.
:)

please, dont get serious here. ive been light hearted and sarcastic. i could shit all over the birds if need be. ron gardner is not a person that played for the redskins. understand? Rod gardner was better than freddy mitchel though, so whats your point? thrash came to the skins to play special teams, something he did well for us. eagles went to the playoffs last year...and? so what? the bears went to the superbowl...who cares? fact is, you play to win the superbowl, everything else is crap. the eagles are a fucking joke. they have never won a SB. never. none. they are a pathetic POS organization. thats reality.
:)

Freddy Mitchell.. not Mitchel.. there we are 1 and 1 on the grammar mistakes.. Talk to you later on today..time to hit the sack..

mofome

Banned

Freddy Mitchell.. not Mitchel.. there we are 1 and 1 on the grammar mistakes.. Talk to you later on today..time to hit the sack..

sounds good. i will be doing the same shortly, but had to take advantage of the sports talks while they were on-going.

:+excited-

d ray

EOG Dedicated

if you think the saints make the super bowl, you're crazy. I bet they're 9-7 next year....AT BEST!!!!

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

as long as indy don't go i'm ok.peyton manning and his forrest gump look he has got going.i'm a titan fan so of course i can't stand the colts.vince young has got to get a ring so the colts can't thow the super bowl in our face.....

Shit you guys are funny. A prediction turns into a predictable Birds vs. Skins battle. I lived in Delaware for a short time a few years back on a project, during the year the Birds went to the SB. You couldn't get jack done during the day, always more doo doo being flung between the fans of the two sides there. How do you people function???

Say what you want about their "class", but Philly fans are about 2,798 times better than DC fans. Good God DC people would claim to love the Wiz, but they would call players the wrong names. Funny as hell to hear a guy talk about how the Wiz were going to be better when Kevin Booth stepped up and asking why would they let Jimmy Stackhouse go. In short some of the dumbest fans I met in the East.

mofome

Banned

Shit you guys are funny. A prediction turns into a predictable Birds vs. Skins battle. I lived in Delaware for a short time a few years back on a project, during the year the Birds went to the SB. You couldn't get jack done during the day, always more doo doo being flung between the fans of the two sides there. How do you people function???

Say what you want about their "class", but Philly fans are about 2,798 times better than DC fans. Good God DC people would claim to love the Wiz, but they would call players the wrong names. Funny as hell to hear a guy talk about how the Wiz were going to be better when Kevin Booth stepped up and asking why would they let Jimmy Stackhouse go. In short some of the dumbest fans I met in the East.

the skins games are sold out for the rest of our lives and they certainly know football better than philly fans. nothing in philly will ever be like old rfk, we laugh at iggle fans.
dont class all skins fans with these wiz fans you've come across.

:+whipping

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

The Saints will be playing a much much tougher schedule this season and won't be sneaking up on anyone this fall. Just something to think about..

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

imagine if this happened....

super bowl XLII

DETROIT LIONS VS. HOUSTON TEXANS

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

WildBill, I can see the Cardinals improving enough to make the playoffs but the SB is quite a stretch! And re: the Chargers, I don't know if Norv is the guy to take them to the top..

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

i like the chargers.schottenheimer shouldn't have been fired.he is just cursed in his quest to win the big one.i can remember being 13 years old back in '88 it was a snowy day watching and thingking he was going to lead cleveland to the super bowl and 'ol john elway crushed him and the browns dreams in the last minutes of the game.painful to remember even 20 years later and i'm not even a browns fan.

WildBill, I can see the Cardinals improving enough to make the playoffs but the SB is quite a stretch! And re: the Chargers, I don't know if Norv is the guy to take them to the top..

Anything is possible in the NFC. I really watched this Cards team closely late in the year and they just shot themselves in the foot too often. Missed block or timely penalty was all that kept them from being very good. The talent is all there, now they get a key piece for the OL out of the draft. They really could have used that last year, it was what made Edge seem such a bust. Add to it that I am not impressed with what the others in the NFC did. Bears seemed to get a lot worse, the Saints will face a tougher schedule, the Eagles will have to come together again, and the Cowboys will just find a way to implode. It is there for the taking.

Is Norv Turner a good coach? Probably not. Is he a good offensive mind? For the most part yes. I have said it for years, written articles on it even, coaches like Marty are great when your squad is 4-12, but not when they are 12-4. It was a train wreck I could see coming from miles ahead. Coaches like that just find ways to lose in the playoffs because at their core they are too simple and conservative. They fear losing because of a mistake and it kills them. Simple and conservative gets you from bad to good, but not to great. Norv Turner is a decent choice to get this team to the next level. Also helps all that the Pats did in the offseason. I don't think this team functions as well as the lead dog. They need that chip on their shoulder, they have a lot of players that seem to like that role, the much cliched "no one thought we could win" BS. Its crap, but so many athletes love that stuff now. Norv will be gone in a few years, but chances are good it will be with a SB ring. I see him sort of being like Barry Switzer was, a fill-in guy who gets a ridiculously talented team and just does enough to get them over the hump with fresh blood and approach. Doesn't last long, but it works for the immediate situation.