Anyone winning since Buffett left.

Hercules

EOG Addicted
Re: Anyone winning since Buffett left.

I will let it fly when I win and I will tell you when I get my FUCKIN ASS KICKED !!! I got my ASS kicked on tuesday night and it was ugly !!! Still way up for the month and season, but like I said, dont know how much more I can get out of the 11 cappers together. Still, bad night for all the superstars on EOG !!!:medical:

Cannon

Banned

I don't think I hurt you Tuesday WNBA and NBA 4 Wins 3 Losers
13 Units Winners 10 Units in Losers. My bases before the fade were 9-7 + 4 units . I hope I did not bury anyone.

Hercules

EOG Addicted

Cannon, you didnt, I was just talking about the total system I use in baseball. I missed the Oakland total with you, so it was just a juice night.
Hey no gripes here, bigtime season so far $$$ My bank that I started with was from your CBB top 25 system earnings so it is all GRAVY $$$ Hope to see something good for football also $$$ I read the thread where you had a great top 25 sytsem also in CFB.

Cannon

Banned

Play the NBA Detroit over medium and the Seattle WNBA over small.

Hercules

EOG Addicted

Munson, a few years ago I ran into Casper at an business when I was on a sales call. You wouldnt recognize him. He is really skinny and bright red hair. The GHOST !!!

munson15

I want winners...

Munson, a few years ago I ran into Casper at an business when I was on a sales call. You wouldnt recognize him. He is really skinny and bright red hair. The GHOST !!!
I know Herc. I met him at an autograph show, and he was a great guy to talk to. We talked about the Holy Roller and the Ghost to the Post. All those old Raiders are great guys to talk to, including Stabler. I've met many of the 70's Raiders in Oakland because of some connections and my season tickets. What a thrill to meet my old heroes, AND for them to be nice people, too!

Thanks for bringing up a fantastic memory for an old Raider fan. That's all we've had lately, memories. Poor old Al Davis uses a walker, and we are the worst team in the league the last 4 years. I'd rather talk about Casper!

I know Herc. I met him at an autograph show, and he was a great guy to talk to. We talked about the Holy Roller and the Ghost to the Post. All those old Raiders are great guys to talk to, including Stabler. I've met many of the 70's Raiders in Oakland because of some connections and my season tickets. What a thrill to meet my old heroes, AND for them to be nice people, too!

Thanks for bringing up a fantastic memory for an old Raider fan. That's all we've had lately, memories. Poor old Al Davis uses a walker, and we are the worst team in the league the last 4 years. I'd rather talk about Casper!

Met him at a tailgate party two years ago Munson....very nice guy. After that, met Cliff Branch, Mervyn Fernandez and Kenny King at the Hilton Bar. Damm Munson...you and I could talk forever about this shit!!:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

'77 JJ. One of the greatest games ever played. I have a signed photo of Casper from that game. We talked about the picture for 5 minutes straight. He said he wasn't sure it was from the playoff game because his wrists weren't taped, and by the end of the year, he usually had tape on his wrists from all the hits he'd taken, his hands would be beat up. A little later, I saw a tape of the game, and he had no tape on his wrists. So I knew the photo I owned was from a signature Casper/Raider game.

Your right, JJ, we could talk for weeks about this stuff. I was 19 at the time of the Ghost to the Post. I love writing about and remembering those players and games.:cheers

munson15

I want winners...

Another footnote, that was the last playoff win of coach Madden's career. Next game, they got ass-fucked in Colorado on New Year's Day '78 and he retired after a 9-7 season and the preseason Tatum-Stingley accident.

Hercules

EOG Addicted

Munson, I have a really great one for you and its no bullshit.100 years ago I was recruited by Nebraska and made my last, of 3 recruiting trips to Lincoln, in late January 1977. My hosts were Kenny Spaeth, Matt Spaeths dad, Matt being the new Pittsburgh Steeler tight end, and Vince Ferragamo. I new these guys pretty good and we partied bigtime on the saturday night I was there. That sunday morning, one of the assistant coaches woke me early and made me go to church. I walk into the church and he brings me up to meet this big hulking guy. Its non other than Oakland Raider starting middle linebacker Monte Johnson #58. He was the guy on the right that picked Madden up after the ass kicking of the Vi-Queens, acouple of weeks earlier !!! I found out Johnson played in the same conference that I did in high school. But I will never forget that one. Also, back in the mid 90's I bought a car from former Raider Dave Humm in Las Vegas at Dave Humm Ford. He was really sick and I think he might of died a few years later.

Fu2M4n

EOG Member

In April Dubpoet showed up and went to the other place and I played his action along with everyone else and here we are, +558 units in the 2nd month of May.

Where could I find DubPoet's picks?

Cannon

Banned

He was posting here and hit a horrible run lately so I don't know where he is.

Hercules

EOG Addicted

Dub has been up and down, but when he is hott, he kills the games $$$ You have to have balls to play his plays and have a large unit bank $$$
The most consistent capper is firehorn, his month with small plays has been unreal $$$

ChicagoHotsides

EOG Veteran

Firehorn is the best.

Why?

Because he comes in your thread all the time?

If you do the math I have the highest win %...

But props to Firehorn...for the guys posting bets daily (I don't), I'd say hands down he is the best.

Personally I don't believe you can bet everyday for the season & stay with such a high win % though. Over 4 months to go....Vegas was built on the losses of losers & action junkies.

Keep up the good work Firehorn....just remember how to PASS...long season.

Cannon

Banned

Firehorn is having an amazing MAY. Also NINER good as well as your stuff Chicago as well. WOW rolling as well as Culver and don't forget Smartz.

munson15

I want winners...

Munson, I have a really great one for you and its no bullshit.100 years ago I was recruited by Nebraska and made my last, of 3 recruiting trips to Lincoln, in late January 1977. My hosts were Kenny Spaeth, Matt Spaeths dad, Matt being the new Pittsburgh Steeler tight end, and Vince Ferragamo. I new these guys pretty good and we partied bigtime on the saturday night I was there. That sunday morning, one of the assistant coaches woke me early and made me go to church. I walk into the church and he brings me up to meet this big hulking guy. Its non other than Oakland Raider starting middle linebacker Monte Johnson #58. He was the guy on the right that picked Madden up after the ass kicking of the Vi-Queens, acouple of weeks earlier !!! I found out Johnson played in the same conference that I did in high school. But I will never forget that one. Also, back in the mid 90's I bought a car from former Raider Dave Humm in Las Vegas at Dave Humm Ford. He was really sick and I think he might of died a few years later.

Sorry Herc, I didn't see this until now. Monte Johnson was a great Raider.
He's one of the few from that era I never met. He mad 18 tackles in the Ghost to the Post game while playing w/ a BROKEN NECK! What a tough guy. I loved the horse collar, and the eye black, he always looked ready to rumble. I forgot he went to Nebraska. I had him confused w/ Greg Biekert of Colorado. As to David Humm, Stabler's perennial backup, I did hear that and it's really weird that he sold you a car. Thanks for the story!:cheers

Hercules

EOG Addicted

Munson, I met Monte Jonhson's ex-wife in 1979 at a bar I was bouncing at. She told me the Raiders got rid of Monte and traded him to the Colts because of that neck injury. There was some real bad blood between him and Oakland and if you remember the Colts at that time were a really good team and had Bett Jones at QB. They were knocking on the door of the super bowl when he played for them. Monte was a 6-6 250 lb. linebacker and if you are a fan of oldtime college football, Johnson played at Nebraska as a defensive tackle behind outland trophy winner Larry Jacobsen, Bill Jansen, John Dutton and outland trophy winner 1972, Rich Glover, in 1971-1972. But Monte went on and had the best pro carreer of all those guys as a linebacker. Willie Harper played D-end on that Nebraska team and won a super bowl with the 49ers in 1981. But I couldnt believe how tall Monte was when I met him and he played middle linebacker !!!

munson15

I want winners...

He played a lot of 3-4, especially the championship season when they had a bunch of injuries to the D-line. He didn't get a lot of attention because of Hendricks, Tatum, etc. getting all the pub. What a set of linebackers they had! That was a major reason why Madden went to a 3-4. Villapiano, Willie Hall, Johnson and Hendricks were all excellent players. Those were the days!

Cloverleaf

EOG Dedicated

Munson and Hercules.....I met Monte when he lived in Atlanta around
the early 90s. He went to First Baptist Church of Atlanta and was a
stand up guy. Real nice and easy to talk to....never talked about his
football career unless someone brought it up. Not sure if he still lives
there.

Great interview with him: Go to huskerpedia.com...then bottom of
page to Extras: HP interview.

Hercules

EOG Addicted

Tjat really great clover. Tofinish my Monte Johnson story from above, I met him at Lincoln baptist churh like I said on my full reriuting trip to Nebraska 3 weeks after he won the super bowl. The assistant coach I was with, is now the head football coach at Appalachian State, Jerry Moore. They won the D-1A championship last year and when I knew him, he was real young as a D-back coach at Nebraska. But what was really funny about meeting Monte was , he was with his wife and she was 9 months pregnant. He said, she could give birth at anytime so dont be alarmed !!! Pretty funny stuff. Like I said that was in January of 1977. Also 2 football players were sitting in back of us that were nobodies at that point. George Andrews, who latter became an all american D-end and a super Bowl Backer with the Rams and Keith Bishop, who latter transfered to Baylor and became the Denver Broncos first all pro offensive linemen in the nfl. He was John Elways left guard #54 and competed in the worlds strongest men in 1980 and 1981.

munson15

I want winners...

Great stuff, guys. Thanks a lot! I could talk about guys like Monte Johnson all day or night.

Hercules

EOG Addicted

Munson, there were 2 guys from 0ur conference, the lake conference, that went to Nebraska after Monte. They were linebackers and I'm sure you remmember them. One became a great Raider on 2 super bowl teams. They were Tom Ruud, dad of Barrett and Bo Ruud and Bob Nelson #56 of the Raiders !!! They were called the Minnesota Twins when they started as freshmen linebackers at Nebraska. Ruud played in the NFL for a short time but Nelson had a great career and had a great super bowl against Dick Vermeil !!!

Hercules

EOG Addicted

Sorry Munson, Bob Nelson was #51 and the great super bowl MVP Rod Martin was #56 for the Raiders !!!

munson15

I want winners...

Wow Herc, I never was as big college fan as I was of the NFL, so some of this is really interesting to know. Like the Raiders' great running back Marv Hubbard being from Colgate, then a few years later they went back to that football factory Colgate to draft another guy who had a fine career in Mark van Eeghen. Met both of them and were both normal, great to talk to and very down to earth.

I knew that # wasn't clicking like it should. Thanks for the update on Nelson. He was quietly effective and it's impressive to think that 2 starting linebackers on SB winning teams came from the same program just a couple of years apart.