GOLF BETTING , Tiger Woods Golf , ODDS TO WIN THE 2007 US OPEN

pioneer

EOG Dedicated
Re: GOLF BETTING , Tiger Woods Golf , ODDS TO WIN THE 2007 US OPEN

Better question is what are the odds on Tiger? He's usually about a 2-1 favorite to win a Major. How can you bet on him at those odds? But how can you bet against him?

d ray

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width=650 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f8f5bd><TD>Tiger Woods </TD><TD> +275 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
but here's my guy
<TABLE cellSpacing=5 cellPadding=5 width=650 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#f8f5bd><TD>Adam Scott </TD><TD> +2500 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

I like Adam Scott a lot. I heard he shot a 71 at Oakmont in a practice round a week ago. Already took him @+2500. Also like Furyk as well.

munson15

I want winners...

Tiger's around 3-1 at 5dimes. You want a long shot, try Steve Stricker or Rory Sabbatini.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Tiger's around 3-1 at 5dimes. You want a long shot, try Steve Stricker or Rory Sabbatini.

Odds on SS or RS? Finding the correct odds on these golfers is more work than I'm willing to put in. You go around to all the different Vegas books and collect the odds sheets and find where your projected guy has the best value and by the time you get ready to bet it, those favorable odds have changed.

25-1 on Adam Scott sounds like a good bet though!

gondo

EOG Member

short list tiger woods, kj choi, scott verplank, adam scott, david toms, retief goosen,

Rxx

EOG Veteran

Oakmont favors a player who can fade the ball rather than draw it. US Opens require you to hit fairways and greens. The one pressure shot that Adam Scott had this past weekend where he tried to fade the ball into the par 3 15th, he put it in the water and tripled it.
From value, KJ Choi at 66-1 is very nice, goosen at 28-1 is playable to me as well.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Seems like handicapping this event is tough.

PSUONE

EOG Veteran

My $ is on these 3 at 5dimes

Furyk 17-1
Harrington 33-1
Donald 38-1

munson15

I want winners...

Odds on SS or RS? Finding the correct odds on these golfers is more work than I'm willing to put in. You go around to all the different Vegas books and collect the odds sheets and find where your projected guy has the best value and by the time you get ready to bet it, those favorable odds have changed.

25-1 on Adam Scott sounds like a good bet though!
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, pioneer. I played Stricker at 100-1 (5dimes) and Sabbatini 66-1 (Greek). Stricker may have dropped to 90-1 by now, still seeing 66 on Rory. GL. Agree w/ the above post re:Goosen, have seen 25's today for him. Also took Tiger small at +355 as a backup.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

Don't count Sergio out either.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

side note : I also feel that Mickelson will struggle this weekend, having a wrist injury won't feel to good trying to get out of US Open rough. He's in for a long weekend, unless he all of a sudden finds the short stuff.

Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, pioneer. I played Stricker at 100-1 (5dimes) and Sabbatini 66-1 (Greek). Stricker may have dropped to 90-1 by now, still seeing 66 on Rory. GL. Agree w/ the above post re:Goosen, have seen 25's today for him. Also took Tiger small at +355 as a backup.

great value on Rory Thurm, good luck with it.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

The US Open requires long tee shots and rough that will probably re-injure Mickelson's wrist. Im not sure Tiger will be accurate enough off the tee to win this thing. Ill be betting on Goosen +2200, Donald +2000 and Im hoping Sean Ohair keeps up his momentum as he is sitting at +5000

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

Took Furyk +1800, Scott +2500, Goosen +2800, Verplank +8000 and Verplank +1200 for a top 5 finish. Played all these at Olympic.

5 over par may win this thing. Going to take accuracy on the drives and good putting to win this thing.

There's a 288 yard par 3 on hole number 8. Geez!!!!!

gondo

EOG Member

donald would be a good top 10 or top 5 but probably doesn't putt well enough. especially on the final 9 same with sergio, might place well but dont think he can win with that putter on those greens. these greens will weed out the shaky putters and will make some players shaky putters this week.