How do you explain (psychologically) the posters who attack others?

Bashers have been around posting forums since day 1. Sure, we all have disagreements on various issues, capping, etc. What do you make of the posters that respond with personal attacks, vicious insults, etc? What causes them, from a psychological perspective, to respond in that fashion? Are they just angry over a lost wager? Angry with life generally? Maybe someone did something to set them off....what is it??? Why do some posters just post to bash???? You bashers know who you are too!!!

:houra

Re: How do you explain (psychologically) the posters who attack others?

Being prevented from doing it in regular life is part of it I am sure. The anonymous nature of this makes it an outlet for doing what you can't do in the office or home. You can tell because at any of the bashes of these places there are no conflicts, no fighting, and almost no bashing at all. People are beyond civil, even when there are always the mindless threats of violence spoken before them.

The same reason people flip you the bird or tell you to fuck off while driving.

mofome

Banned

in real life you dont typically spend time talking where there is no threat of consequence. in real life you can say something without some retard replying. without the ability to control who can, and can not, reply to your thoughts, you are introduced to a dynamic that is not a part of your real life. people that bash just to bash are bored. people who bash, as a reply to someone being a fuck head, are probably people that would reply the same way in real life. you dont associate with people, in your real life, that are as dumb as many of those who get bashed here. you have a choice in real life; here, anyone can reply with anything.

:thumbsup

ok, sir?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I believe that the posters who resort to personal attacks are people who can't argue within the boundaries of intelligent and informed discussion. People who can't 'fight back' have to resort to name calling.

read a book and learn sports and you won't have to call someone's momma a whore, you might actually be able to hold your own on a sports conversation/debate.

Also, people become heroes behind a keyboard. They're safe in their little abode's away from the big bad man who's gonna put a fist in their face if they ever said any of the stuff they say on a board to someone's face.

its the same as people who are brave behind the wheels of their cars, they'll cut you off and when you call them out, they run away laughing and giving you the finger. Too much 'bravo' to ever pull over and get out like a man.:LMAO

mofome

Banned

I believe that the posters who resort to personal attacks are people who can't argue within the boundaries of intelligent and informed discussion. People who can't 'fight back' have to resort to name calling.

read a book and learn sports and you won't have to call someone's momma a whore, you might actually be able to hold your own on a sports conversation/debate.

Also, people become heroes behind a keyboard. They're safe in their little abode's away from the big bad man who's gonna put a fist in their face if they ever said any of the stuff they say on a board to someone's face.

its the same as people who are brave behind the wheels of their cars, they'll cut you off and when you call them out, they run away laughing and giving you the finger. Too much 'bravo' to ever pull over and get out like a man.:LMAO

perhaps at times. unfortunately, sometimes people attack with less wit b/c they are either bored or they just understand that some things don't require much depth. different posters, posts, debates, and topics, deserve different responses.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

Most of the bashers here hide behind their posts. Similar to flipping someone off in your car. You think your safe until you get a total whacko who pulls out a gun or runs you off the road. Insecurity is huge and probably not many friends. Thats my opinion.

janus

EOG Dedicated

or maybe its just like when they are driving down the road.

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

I can't explain or understand why some posters bash as they do.
I can say it was one major reason that drove me away from one particular site and looking for an alternative.

ChalksR4Kids

EOG Enthusiast

Because nobody can hit you over the Internet.

Because they aren't getting any sex.

interesting ideas, people.

betting fool - although there are bashers here too, you will enjoy ur stay, sir. welcome.

Just as in real life, I believe People bash others due to low self esteem...

In a perverse sort of way, putting others down makes the bashers feel better about their miserable lives...

I call them the THREE "C's" and I try to avoid them....

CRITICIZE
COMPLAIN
CONDEMN

When I am living right, I usually am not involved with ANY of the above....

Ken

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

Some very interesting responses but the obvious answers haven't been posted.

1. some posters just can't stand low esteem attention whores
2. some posters just can't stand internet idiots
3. some posters just can't stand posters that try to portray themselves as NFl experts when they can't sniff hitting a winning percentage.
4. some posters can't stand other posters constantly directing personal questions to other posters and then not answering any questions about themselves.
5. some posters can't stand other posters too lazy to Google something and instead start a thread to ask others to do it for them.
6. some posters can't stand certain posters always whining about how unfair other posters are to them

I"m not talking about any particular poster, in this case, but if the shoe fits it's probably a size 12 pump.

LOL archie - i rest my case.....too funny....and archie...the sad part is, you don't even realize you're the person shrink is talkin about!!! you're oblivious to it! wake up!!!!

:mutley

They weren't breast fed as a child. Or as an adult.

roach23

Banned

3. some posters just can't stand posters that try to portray themselves as NFl experts when they can't sniff hitting a winning percentage.
4. some posters can't stand other posters constantly directing personal questions to other posters and then not answering any questions about themselves.
5. some posters can't stand other posters too lazy to Google something and instead start a thread to ask others to do it for them.
6. some posters can't stand certain posters always whining about how unfair other posters are to them

I"m not talking about any particular poster, in this case, but if the shoe fits it's probably a size 12 pump.

:LMAO

mofome

Banned

thats a good post.

i think its comical when people try to group together everyone that 'bashes' under one title. some people that never bash have low-self esteem. some people that bash all the time just enjoy it and actually rip their friends all the time as well. sometimes you talk to people that are fucking retards...so why not just tell them? honesty is important.

:cheers

panther

EOG Dedicated

Most of the bashers here hide behind their posts. Similar to flipping someone off in your car. You think your safe until you get a total whacko who pulls out a gun or runs you off the road. Insecurity is huge and probably not many friends. Thats my opinion.
I dont think that anyone that I have shot their back glass out has ever giving anyboby else the finger.

they just need to be taught some manners

Kellie

EOG Member

I'd blame television.

:cool:

Dr. Hackenbush

EOG Member

As a psychologist, I would agree that any and all of the suggestions so far are sound possiblilities of why some people engage in bashing. In almost every case I've seen, the bashers are illiterate, incapable of writing a complete sentence or expressing themselves very well. So basic stupidity is a real possility along with low self-esteem. The anoymity of the internet is the perfect forum for them to hide behind. As already suggested, the very best we can do is ignore them completely and don't give them any attention. I feel sorry for them.

mofome

Banned

As a psychologist, I would agree that any and all of the suggestions so far are sound possiblilities of why some people engage in bashing. In almost every case I've seen, the bashers are illiterate, incapable of writing a complete sentence or expressing themselves very well. So basic stupidity is a real possility along with low self-esteem. The anoymity of the internet is the perfect forum for them to hide behind. As already suggested, the very best we can do is ignore them completely and don't give them any attention. I feel sorry for them.

again, who is 'them'? some people rip up a poster when they say something dumb. some just do it for no reason. i love to make fun of people. whats that mean, doc? im hurting deep down inside and need some hugs from purple dinosaurs?

:+excited-

Have you ever considered that the stupidity of others is what pisses off some of the 'bashers' to begin with.

mofome

Banned

Have you ever considered that the stupidity of others is what pisses off some of the 'bashers' to begin with.

:cheers

and not recognizing how stupid they are; or not recognizing they're wrong when its been made perfectly clear.

janus

EOG Dedicated

that not truey. you sucks. so what if i pull my hare out in whole bunches it a free county.

again, who is 'them'? some people rip up a poster when they say something dumb. some just do it for no reason. i love to make fun of people. whats that mean, doc? im hurting deep down inside and need some hugs from purple dinosaurs?

:+excited-

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO Some people just can't accept the fact when others call them out on their BS.

Everytime someone says something that isn't PC, they assume that person has esteem issues or some other whack speculation. They just don't want to face the fact that some people are annoying instigators, and the Internet is the quickest place one gets called out for such BS.

Katie

EOG Master

i think there are a number of reasons that poster's bash others. it can be low self-esteem, the anonymity of the internet in which people will say things they wouldn't dream of saying in person, unresolved anger issues, or just plain rudeness and a lack of concern for the feelings of others. there will always be rude people in the world.

janus

EOG Dedicated

i think there are a number of reasons that poster's bash others. it can be low self-esteem, the anonymity of the internet in which people will say things they wouldn't dream of saying in person, unresolved anger issues, or just plain rudeness and a lack of concern for the feelings of others. there will always be rude people in the world.

your post has a punctuation error.

mofome

Banned

:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO Some people just can't accept the fact when others call them out on their BS.

Everytime someone says something that isn't PC, they assume that person has esteem issues or some other whack speculation. They just don't want to face the fact that some people are annoying instigators, and the Internet is the quickest place one gets called out for such BS.

exactly, people always say that no one talks tough like that in person. thats because the things that piss you off never happen in person. there is no ID trolling around or other idiots spouting off about nonsense. in real life you control who speaks with you. you can not do the same here. people here instigate and act retarded because they know they wont get theirs heads crushed in. not so much the other way around.

:cocktail

mofome

Banned

your post has a punctuation error.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

i hope she does not expect us to take her seriously. well, certainly not if she is going to continue to write like that.

:doh1

pvcpipe

EOG Master

it's a little unfair to generalize "basher."

for example if someone posts "Hey guys, new to gambling here, and was hoping someone could tell me what a 'moneyline' is ?" and get a negative response, then those bashing are dickheads who need to learn some respect.

but if someone touts themselves as an "nfl expert," and makes bogus windbag picks and expects to be taken seriously, then they need to be bashed to realize they have a pathetic existence.

janus

EOG Dedicated

:cheers :cheers :cheers

i hope she does not expect us to take her seriously. well, certainly not if she is going to continue to write like that.

:doh1

i was wicked harsh.

exactly, people always say that no one talks tough like that in person. thats because the things that piss you off never happen in person. there is no ID trolling around or other idiots spouting off about nonsense. in real life you control who speaks with you. you can not do the same here. people here instigate and act retarded because they know they wont get theirs heads crushed in. not so much the other way around.

:cocktail

You hit it on the head, buddy:cocktail