KNICKS GET KOBE?

The Devil

EOG Master
Knicks sign Kobe Bryant
AP is reporting that the NY Knicks have traded for 28 year old Lakers guard Kobe Bryant in exchange for G Jamal Crawford, F Renaldo Balkman, G Nate Robinson, F Malik Rose and NY's 2008 1st round draft pick. NY will also obtain PG Javaris Crittenton in order to make the financials match. More to follow.

The Devil

EOG Master
Re: KNICKS GET KOBE?

MY SON SENT ME THE IM, THATS WHAT I REPORTED AND I PUT THE QUESTION MARK IN THERE.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

interesting, i'm searching for info, if i find anything i'll post it.

munson15

I want winners...

Not gonna happen! But it would make quite the story. At this point, just a rumor, and probably a great fantasy for Knick fans.

d ray

EOG Dedicated

i'm listening to 1050 espn out of New York and haven't said anything about Kobe yet, just Mets talk, so probably just a rumor now.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Knicks sign Kobe Bryant
AP is reporting that the NY Knicks have traded for 28 year old Lakers guard Kobe Bryant in exchange for G Jamal Crawford, F Renaldo Balkman, G Nate Robinson, F Malik Rose and NY's 2008 1st round draft pick. NY will also obtain PG Javaris Crittenton in order to make the financials match. More to follow.

ZERO CHANCE of this happening

it would be the worst-EVER trade in sports history

AP is on crack - this trade is laughable

NO DEAL - NO CHANCE!

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

hahaah my buddy from nyc just texted me that too.

same guy that guaranteed me that the Knicks are going to land every big free agent when they are available. I have heard KG, Kobe and Lebron.

they just flat out make stuff up out there

heres some news about the knicks

Knicks top list of teams to pay luxury tax

By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
(Archive)

<!-- promo plug -->
<!-- end promo plug -->

<!-- end story header --><!-- begin left column --><!-- begin page tools -->Updated: July 13, 2007, 6:21 PM ET

<!-- end page tools --><!-- begin story body --><!-- template inline -->
The New York Knicks can't be feeling very lucky on this Friday The Thirteenth. <!-- begin whole table -->
<!-- begin top part -->Show Me The Money

Big spending doesn't always pay off. Just ask the New York Knicks. The Knicks, who missed the playoffs last season with a 33-49 mark, were strapped with a $45 million luxury-tax bill Friday. That means New York owes almost $40 million more than the second-highest paying team in the Mavs, who finished with the league's best record.

<!-- end top part --><!-- begin table --><TABLE cellSpacing=0><CAPTION></CAPTION><TBODY><TR class=io-columnHeaders><TD></TD><TD>Team</TD><TD>Money Owed</TD></TR><TR><TD>1.</TD><TD>Knicks</TD><TD>$45,142,002</TD></TR><TR class=io-evenRow><TD>2.</TD><TD>Mavs</TD><TD>$7,204,968 </TD></TR><TR><TD>3.</TD><TD>Nuggets</TD><TD>$2,022,418 </TD></TR><TR class=io-evenRow><TD>4.</TD><TD>T-Wolves</TD><TD>$998,536</TD></TR><TR><TD>5. </TD><TD>Spurs</TD><TD>$196,082</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><!-- end table -->
<!-- end whole table -->By the end of this business day, you see, each of the NBA's five luxury-tax-paying teams from last season will have received an official invoice from the league stating the "net" amount they must remit.
In the Knicks' case?
The payment due by July 25, according to a league memo distributed this week to all 30 teams: $45 million and change.
That's $45-plus million for a team that went 33-49 and missed the playoffs for a third successive season. It was team president Isiah Thomas' first season as Knicks coach, following a 23-59 nightmare under Larry Brown, with New York going 4-14 to slip out of playoff contention after Thomas received a contract extension on March 12.
The next closest tax bill is the Dallas Mavericks' $7.2 million.
Teams that carried a payroll higher than $65.42 million for the 2006-07 season are required to pay a dollar-for-dollar tax on every dollar over that threshold. The following five teams are required to pay as follows:
The 25 non-tax-paying teams, meanwhile, will each receive 1/30 of the cumulative tax amount, which computes to nearly $1.9 million per team. Marc Stein is the senior NBA writer for ESPN.com. To e-mail him, click here.

ESPN - Woeful Knicks owe more than $45M for luxury tax - NBA

doubt they could add Kobe's contract to this
<!-- end story body --><!-- begin sp links -->

gridironguy

EOG Veteran

I keep saying it and I'll say it again -- I will be shocked if the Lakers trade Kobe..

He's on contract through 2009. All of this is just posturing by Kobe to force the Lakers to make some upgrades on the roster. He is simply forcing their hand..

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

i would not trade my whole team for that cock sucker!

that guy is good but he aint the whole team!

Crawford is a young star he is really good when he gets hot!

like the day when he shot 14 straight shots in the game!! and he is really good at corssing over people and making 3 pt shots!

Nate robinson the dunk champion just a rookie for NBA and he really kills
the guys with his jumping ability his 3 pts shots and with his crossover

really taleneted in the summer league and what happens when he gets older

he is going to be a superstar! malik rose a slow player but he is a nice defender and he does play

Baulkman another great great defender and really quick up the floor!
a nice center for the knicks that blocks, rebounds and dunks everytime hes got the ball! and plays good defense!!

if i were the knicks! id saay FUCK NO! kobe is not worth that many players

because he is having bad days too! hes getting that many pts because he gets the ball all the time beacuse nobody in LA

can score but in other teams they will have someone that can score too

and he wont average as much !

SO NO!

MIKEH75

EOG Dedicated

kobe will be trouble sooner or later no matter where he goes.i'm shocked this doesn't get talked about more but i bet in a few years kobe will break kareem abdul jabbar all time scoring record.so we will have the cheater barry bonds has home run king and have a guy accused of rape lead the NBA in all time scoring.

lol I can't belive this would be true. Damn 45 mil luxury tax. That's insane.

This trade is bad enough but for the Knicks would also get Crittenton whose been a beast during summer league play.

I would take all the bad shit I said about Isiah back.

Tesco Vee

EOG Veteran

i would not trade my whole team for that cock sucker!

that guy is good but he aint the whole team!

Crawford is a young star he is really good when he gets hot!

like the day when he shot 14 straight shots in the game!! and he is really good at corssing over people and making 3 pt shots!

Nate robinson the dunk champion just a rookie for NBA and he really kills
the guys with his jumping ability his 3 pts shots and with his crossover

really taleneted in the summer league and what happens when he gets older

he is going to be a superstar! malik rose a slow player but he is a nice defender and he does play

Baulkman another great great defender and really quick up the floor!
a nice center for the knicks that blocks, rebounds and dunks everytime hes got the ball! and plays good defense!!

if i were the knicks! id saay FUCK NO! kobe is not worth that many players

because he is having bad days too! hes getting that many pts because he gets the ball all the time beacuse nobody in LA

can score but in other teams they will have someone that can score too

and he wont average as much !

SO NO!

Crawford a star. Nate a superstar?? dude you have to be kidding
Crawford never plays defense and isnt a pure scorer. would never get that many shots with Phil coaching him. or any good nba coach in charge. Nate might grow up to be Earl Boykins if he is lucky. will never be a starter. Malik would be cut cause he is dead money. Baulkman would just be a big body worth some energy and 5 fouls a game.

See delusional Knicks fans actually make these rumors up pretending to think that their junk players have some value. if their contracts are expiring, maybe they have some.

and they think they can get an elite player in return. hahaahahahaahahaha