That red sox offense sure isnt scaring anyone

mofome

Banned
they have to make a move or two if they want to separate from the rest. right now it looks like detroit and then everyone else.

munson15

I want winners...
Re: That red sox offense sure isnt scaring anyone

What you're not saying, Mofome, is that Boston will have it's lead shaved to 6.5 games after tonight's action (NY leads at KC) and that the once safe margin of 14.5 is just a memory. It's looking like another barn-burner between the ancient rivals!

mofome

Banned

What you're not saying, Mofome, is that Boston will have it's lead shaved to 6.5 games after tonight's action (NY leads at KC) and that the once safe margin of 14.5 is just a memory. It's looking like another barn-burner between the ancient rivals!

boston will have their games vs the likes of tb and kc as well...it was easy to look ahead and see that the yanks played a joke of a schedule after the AS break...
the yanks pitching is horrible. they need to make a few deals themselves if they want to be considered a real threat. imo.

munson15

I want winners...

Boston's offensive shortcomings could mean that they will have to beat those lousy teams in a lot of close, low-scoring games that may go either way. Yanks can bludgeon those same bottom-feeders with all those runs they put up. But I agree Yanks' pitching could be a weakness, even though it is getting better soon with Hughes' return.

munson15

I want winners...

Switching topics Mo, do you remember we talked about Bedard in pre-season? He was a free agent in my rotisserie league earlier when he struggled out of the gate, but ever since I picked him up on waivers, he's been lights-out, including tonight's win!:cheers

boston will have their games vs the likes of tb and kc as well...

The Red Sox have only played 3 games against Tampa Bay. The Yankees have played 12. That's not a good sign for a Yankee comeback in the AL East (FYI, I'm a Yankee fan).

mofome

Banned

Boston's offensive shortcomings could mean that they will have to beat those lousy teams in a lot of close, low-scoring games that may go either way. Yanks can bludgeon those same bottom-feeders with all those runs they put up. But I agree Yanks' pitching could be a weakness, even though it is getting better soon with Hughes' return.

please munson, dont cite the name 'hughes' to me when referencing the yanks and their playoff chances. really, thats a far cry from where the yanks want/need to be.

:nono

mofome

Banned

Switching topics Mo, do you remember we talked about Bedard in pre-season? He was a free agent in my rotisserie league earlier when he struggled out of the gate, but ever since I picked him up on waivers, he's been lights-out, including tonight's win!:cheers

best pitcher in the league. i mentioned him before the season as someone who was much better than zito right after zito signed that huge contract. he was a bit of an unknown...but now hes leading the AL in Ks by a large number and his ha/k ratio is unreal. hes a great talent. imagine if he gets a change up worth a shit.

mofome

Banned

The Red Sox have only played 3 games against Tampa Bay. The Yankees have played 12. That's not a good sign for a Yankee comeback in the AL East (FYI, I'm a Yankee fan).

an educated man. what brought such a commodity to eog...?

Salo

EOG Dedicated

They might still be playing if Coco didn't let up on his way to home. Can't blame the pitching staff, they've been lights out lately.

Time to make that trade for Todd Helton.

mofome

Banned

They might still be playing if Coco didn't let up on his way to home. Can't blame the pitching staff, they've been lights out lately.

Time to make that trade for Todd Helton.

dunn would be a much better fit. they have guys that get on base, they need a boost in power without a healthy ortiz. they need the threat of the 3 run bomb back in that lineup. right now they're weak...15th in the league in HRs from a team with that kinda payroll and in that park? come on.

munson15

I want winners...

please munson, dont cite the name 'hughes' to me when referencing the yanks and their playoff chances. really, thats a far cry from where the yanks want/need to be.

:nono
Can't agree with you there, Mofome. Hughes is the best pitcher they'll add for the stretch drive. No major trades will be made since they are unwilling to mortgage the future on rental type players. Hughes has the talent and mental makeup to handle the situation, and by replacing Igawa in the rotation, he's a significant upgrade on their weak link.

mofome

Banned

Can't agree with you there, Mofome. Hughes is the best pitcher they'll add for the stretch drive. No major trades will be made since they are unwilling to mortgage the future on rental type players. Hughes has the talent and mental makeup to handle the situation, and by replacing Igawa in the rotation, he's a significant upgrade on their weak link.

phillip is a 21 year old kid, coming off an injury, with about 38 innings of work on the year. hes not the answer to any question, he is the start of a number of other questions. i laugh when the yanks talk about 'mortgaging their future'. the yanks teat about 28 mlb teams as their farm system. they will spend much more than everyone else and they will do so unwisely until they get a change at the top. hughes may throw some nice games out there, but hes not someone whos going to get you to rivera or someone you can actually count on in the fall. your team will need another answer if they hope to be playing in october.

munson15

I want winners...

Time will tell, Mofome, we can't agree now, but if the next 2 months proves I'm wrong, I'll surely tip my hat to you.:cheers

mofome

Banned

Time will tell, Mofome, we can't agree now, but if the next 2 months proves I'm wrong, I'll surely tip my hat to you.:cheers

we'll see my friend.

i look forward to it. the yanks have my os next, be happy you wont see cy bedard.

:houra :houra :houra

munson15

I want winners...

we'll see my friend.

i look forward to it. the yanks have my os next, be happy you wont see cy bedard.

That's certainly good news for the Yanks, Mofome, he's nasty! Really boosted my rotiserrie team's pitching! 6-1, 2.12 era, 0.88 whip since we acquired him!

mofome

Banned

That's certainly good news for the Yanks, Mofome, he's nasty! Really boosted my rotiserrie team's pitching! 6-1, 2.12 era, 0.88 whip since we acquired him!

better news for you...right after the yanks leave town...boston gets bedard. thats a loss for the sox.

roach23

Banned

bosox are back to being the under machine on the road like the were the 1st half of the season.

The YANKEES are finally playing their best baseball this year and if/when they make the playoffs, they will be favored, imho...

THE SHRINK

mofome

Banned

The YANKEES are finally playing their best baseball this year and if/when they make the playoffs, they will be favored, imho...

THE SHRINK

if they make the playoffs and you were setting a line vs, lets say...the tigers, would you set a line on the yanks ...-125? and allow others to play the tigers vs you? would you take that action? as they sit today, the tigers will have the better roster fall roster.

munson15

I want winners...

Hey, when we lose I expect it. Please leave my Raiders out of the conversation, though!:doh1

munson15

I want winners...

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

raiders :newsmile015:
Mo, the Raiders are proof that I'm not a frontrunner. I've had season tickets since 1995, and I'm going to the KC-OAK game on Oct. 21.

mofome

Banned

Mo, the Raiders are proof that I'm not a frontrunner. I've had season tickets since 1995, and I'm going to the KC-OAK game on Oct. 21.

thank yankees are proof that you're not a front runner. i wish the os played them every day, we'd have 120 wins by now.

munson15

I want winners...

thank yankees are proof that you're not a front runner. i wish the os played them every day, we'd have 120 wins by now.
:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

Your boys have given us fits, that's for sure, Mofome! They usually bother Boston, too.