Reggie Miller Talking To Celtics

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Report: Reggie Miller talking to Celtics </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Reggie Miller - G - IND - Aug. 8 </B> </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Reggie Miller says he is contemplating a return to the NBA, this time with the Boston Celtics.
Miller will be 42 at the end of the month and retired with the Pacers in 2005. Danny Ainge and coach Doc Rivers have asked him to think about joining the new-look C's in a reserve role, playing about 15 minutes per game backing up Ray Allen. Miller is interested, but also nervous about how his body will hold up. However, the lure of a possible championship may override those concerns. If the Celtics were to win it all this year, it would be a storybook ending for first-time champions Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, Allen and possibly Miller.
Source: ESPN.com
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:

Hache Man

Re: Reggie Miller Talking To Celtics

If Reggie signs and is close to the same player he was, how good does this make the Celtics now?!?

Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Reggie Miller

Heim

EOG Master

It doesn't make them any better than the 2003-04 Laker team with
Malone and Payton (4 future HOF).....

That team was lucky to even get to the Finals (Fisher Hail Mary v. SA)
and as you know got creamed by the Pistons...

Too many chefs spoils the stew in baskets...

Reggie is 42 years old the most he could give them would be 10 minutes a game, look for Scottie Pippen to call the celtics next.

Stay in your broadcast booth Reggie

Last edited:

If Reggie signs and is close to the same player he was, how good does this make the Celtics now?!?

Kevin Garnett
Paul Pierce
Ray Allen
Reggie Miller

If they call 45 year old Patrick Ewing they will have their center and Jordan is only 44 they could have a great bench

Hache Man

Wrig, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

A bench is very important as we both know.

I understand your point of course, but I think Reggie has a lot more left than most players his age and is comparable to John Stockton who retired at age 41 with plenty left in the tank.....

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

kinda hope Reggie doesnt do it, as i would hate for him to come back and tarnish his fine career...i know he wants a shot at a ring, but he wouldnt get one this year, i dont think......while i have NO DOUBT he could still drain the open 3's, his defense was already getting porous before he retired...it would only be worse now, and i would hate to see him embarass himself....

Besides, i dont want him in another uniform, besides the Pacers.....

If they call 45 year old Patrick Ewing they will have their center and Jordan is only 44 they could have a great bench
Imagine that.

Michael Jordan, Patrick Eewing and Reggie Miller on the celtics bench. :LMAO

kinda hope Reggie doesnt do it, as i would hate for him to come back and tarnish his fine career...i know he wants a shot at a ring, but he wouldnt get one this year, i dont think......while i have NO DOUBT he could still drain the open 3's, his defense was already getting porous before he retired...it would only be worse now, and i would hate to see him embarass himself....

Besides, i dont want him in another uniform, besides the Pacers.....

Thats how I feel Bucs :cheers

sabian06

EOG Dedicated

Wrig, that wouldn't be a bad thing.

A bench is very important as we both know.

I understand your point of course, but I think Reggie has a lot more left than most players his age and is comparable to John Stockton who retired at age 41 with plenty left in the tank.....
Plenty left in the tank....................:LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

i still believe they need to get some other star!

because KG allen and Pierce for sure some of them will get

a break and go on DL List for some time

they will get injured and because of someone going out

they cna lose a lot of games so they need him and + to add someone else

if its not to ltae

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Reggie may be able and hit some tri's but who in the league can he guard?

Hache Man

<TABLE width="100%" align=center><TBODY><TR><TD class=vaLabel vAlign=top align=middle width=100 rowSpan=5> </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=subHead vAlign=top colSpan=3>Reggie Miller's comeback quest ends </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=vaLabel colSpan=3>Reggie Miller - G - IND - Aug. 24 </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top colSpan=3>Reggie Miller has decided that he doesn't want to attempt a comeback with the Boston Celtics and says he'll never play in the NBA again.
"That's it,'' he told The Indianapolis Star. "Physically, I know I could have done it. But mentally, when you do something like this, you've either got to be all in or all out. And I've decided I'm all out." Miller said that as of yesterday, he was ready to come back. But then had a change of heart on Thursday night. "Please write, 'I will never, ever, ever try something like this again,'" he said.
Source: Indianapolis Star
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>