Loading up on Tiger today versus Ernie Els -200

I think 2:1 is a very, very solid wager....Tiger badly wants to win his first major of the year. He is playing very very very well. He will be very sharp today. The best golfer ever. 2:1 only? Ask your books to exceed those limits, guys!!!!!

Let's all start off the day with a big big winner on the best ever.

Who's with me!?!?!??

:houra

munson15

I want winners...
Re: Loading up on Tiger today versus Ernie Els -200

I'm with you on him winning the event and since I didn't get the odds you did, I'm just pulling for the outright win!:cheers

munson, i just added geoff ogilvy -0.5 -105 over scott verplank for 5 units...i like geoff's chances today to make a push to finish in 2nd place...

munson15

I want winners...

munson, i just added geoff ogilvy -0.5 -105 over scott verplank for 5 units...i like geoff's chances today to make a push to finish in 2nd place...
I like that one even more. The Tiger bet I'm concerned that he goes out and shoots 70, doesn't take any chances if he has a cushion. He is great at putting it in cruise control when that's all it takes to win, Nicklaus used to do that, let the other guys beat themselves trying to play aggressively to catch up.

Also, if I was sitting on Tiger at 3-1, I'd figure why mess that up and give yourself something to get mad about? Just let him do his thing and don't worry about Els. Ogilvy I like, he is due for about a 67 today. GL!

munson - cause tiger is a cash cow. why NOT take the EXTRA cash? tiger is playing so well that even his conservative play will land him close to the hole. he is just very very good. also, i think he will not play soooooo conservatively. that's not his style. he will play with some aggressiveness....he wants to close it out early i am sure....

Haha, ID are you broke yet with all these brilliant calls???

The race is on, someone catch Tiger!

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

WildBill,
No taunting, please.
Yep, for the first time we are seeing Tiger being human in a tournament he has the lead in, especially a major.

But, I always say, "The only way to get respect is to show respect".

Fool

He really loves this doesn't he, bogeys and then just turns it on. Maybe he just needed to give himself a challenge to get fired up and put it away.

wildbill - don't know what you mean. won 3:1 on tiger....and won on ogilvy -105 which cancels out the tiger play since the most you can wager on the plays was -200 so really won a lot on this tourney. but glad you're happy i lost my tiger -200 play today!

ID you are the so-called NFL expert and you open a thread giving us a total sucker play for golf. Just had to point that out.

lol very easy to say after the fact, wildbill. would've been more brave for you to come here BEFORE the round ended. and i guess the other 2 winning plays were sucker plays too....

lol very easy to say after the fact, wildbill. would've been more brave for you to come here BEFORE the round ended. and i guess the other 2 winning plays were sucker plays too....

SWhen I read this I was just shocked though anyone would lay -200 on a player with a big lead. In the other thread you were picking on someone saying taking Els was betting against Tiger, but your square attitude was so obvious. They tried to point out how a player in the lead can give a lot away just to protect it while challengers can go for broke with little pressure, but you weren't listening.

So sorry if I bashed this pick, just struck me as your analysis was extremely square when it came to Tiger today. You didn't consider situation at all, just the talent of one option over another, but that is a big mistake when there are important endgame situations to take into account.

of course the situation was important. i did not ignore the fact tiger had a big lead. i just thought els would not play as well as he did. and i thought tiger would shoot lower. i was wrong. again, easy to call something a square play after the fact. lol. especially when you don't have the courage to post your own play.

munson - cause tiger is a cash cow. why NOT take the EXTRA cash? tiger is playing so well that even his conservative play will land him close to the hole. he is just very very good. also, i think he will not play soooooo conservatively. that's not his style. he will play with some aggressiveness....he wants to close it out early i am sure....

Yeah ID, you really seemed to take the situation into your analysis as this proves.

Fine I didn't post picks, but rarely do. Sorry I won't take any more shots at you. Thought you were the best at taking criticism since you seem to elicit it daily.

wildbill - i dont elicit criticism. i just try to help my fellow posters with picks i think will win. if tiger would have beaten ernie els, you would not have been here. that's all. it's very easy to come in when the wager fails. but i'm sure if tiger would have lost this major, you would have been in my other thread on the 3:1 wager, right? i'm sure you would have.....

munson15

I want winners...

munson - did you play ogilvy over verplank?
Sorry just saw this-I did not, had over 2K on Tiger and wasn't looking to muddy the waters. I did like it though, and congrats on that.

munson - i should have listened to you and just stayed with the 3:1 win. oh well, gave back 5 units on tiger....

munson15

I want winners...

You made some of it back on Ogilvy which was a good bet, so all in all, a great PGA for you (and me).:thumbsup

munson15

I want winners...

3-1 was a much better bet than 1-8! But I know his record in majors, and took the chance that this would not be the first time he coughed one up.

Firehorn

EOG Dedicated

Congrats on the profit IDENTITY. I will need some help with football picks but won't start playing till the regular season starts. Are you good in collge too? Good Luck this season and I will let you know when I follow you and hope I am not a jinx LOL.

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

<TABLE class=tborder id=post823953 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 08-12-07, 06:30 PM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #13 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175>IDENTITY<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_823953", true); </SCRIPT>
NFL Expert

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_823953 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> Re: Loading up on Tiger today versus Ernie Els -200
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>wildbill - don't know what you mean. won 3:1 on tiger....and won on ogilvy -105 which cancels out the tiger play since the most you can wager on the plays was -200
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

ID,

The most your shop would take was $200 on the Woods vs Els matchup? Is that what you're saying? And congrats on the 3-1 win on Woods to win.

The Devil

EOG Master

of course the situation was important. i did not ignore the fact tiger had a big lead. i just thought els would not play as well as he did. and i thought tiger would shoot lower. i was wrong. again, easy to call something a square play after the fact. lol. especially when you don't have the courage to post your own play.

YOU SHOULD HAVE TAKEN HISTORY INTO ACCOUNT AS ELS ALWAYS SEEMS TO FINISH SECOND TO TIGER.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

The Tiger bet I'm concerned that he goes out and shoots 70, doesn't take any chances if he has a cushion. He is great at putting it in cruise control when that's all it takes to win, Nicklaus used to do that, let the other guys beat themselves trying to play aggressively to catch up.

Munson - like the way that you think Bud....I would be concerned about the conservative play for Tiger with the lead that he had. When Els tries to drive the green on 10, you know he is playing aggressively. A couple short putts go down and Els finishes 8-under.

Congrats on the quality weekend picking ID.