Can BetJam Survive a Direct Hurricane Hit ?

OscarB

EOG Dedicated
Looks like they are going to get it. Think I would be looking for some good weed if I was there. Party time.

dirty

EOG Master
Re: Can BetJam Survive a Direct Hurricane Hit ?

They have been working like hell to get it boarded up for 2 days..talked to ScottyJ last night and they are supposed to have the satellite site up and running soon so they don't have downtime....

It's happened before. Both The Greek and BetJamaica prepared well and were fine. At most, I remember phones were down for a while last time but that was about it.

I DONT GIVE A FUCK IF THEY GO DOWN FOR A WEEK!

STILL ONE OF THE BEST BOOKS OUT THERE!:cheers

AND TO SCOTTY AND THE BETJAM STAFF....YOULL BE IN OUR PRAYERS TO MAKE IT THRU SAFE AND SOUND!:thumbsup

mofome

Banned

What's shakin mofo ? Hurricane season is upon us, so it must be time for:

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

not much going on. just break ups with the gf, getting ready to head to GA, and waiting for the skins 16-0 season.

:houra

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

not much going on. just break ups with the gf, getting ready to head to GA, and waiting for the skins 16-0 season.

:houra

real sorry bout the break ups. wish i could get over to GA, but will stay home for Aub game. hey didya know that Aub/KState is on ESPN, your game is on ESPN2, and tenn/cal on ABC - all Saturday night ?

:cheers

mofome

Banned

real sorry bout the break ups. wish i could get over to GA, but will stay home for Aub game. hey didya know that Aub/KState is on ESPN, your game is on ESPN2, and tenn/cal on ABC - all Saturday night ?

:cheers

shit, im gonna miss vols? deeds told me :nono misses

:+clueless

break ups were fine. i broke up with her 3 times in 10 days, then i would take her back because im an idiot. then the last time she said she knows its just not gonna work and she didnt come back. its not a big deal, she had nothing to offer. she was supposed to be a friend, but she lied and yelled all the time for no reason. interesting way to act.

:cocktail

OscarB

EOG Dedicated

where we going to watch vols at 8, fucktard?

:+clueless

you'll be listening to that gay Georgia stadium announcer say:

"In other games, at the half - it's Cal 21-Tennessee 14"

mofome

Banned

you'll be listening to that gay Georgia stadium announcer say:

"In other games, at the half - it's Cal 21-Tennessee 14"

:+angry2-9 :+angry2-9 :+angry2-9 :+angry2-9 :+angry2-9 :+angry2-9 :+angry2-9 :+angry2-9 :+angry2-9 :+angry2-9 :+angry2-9

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

Jamaica prepares for hard-charging Dean

The government of Jamaica -- preparing for Hurricane Dean -- issued a hurricane warning today, meaning that hurricane conditions are expected within the area within the next 24 hours. Forecasters fear Dean will be a Category 5 monster with 155 mph winds by then

Per an email I received from Scotty, once winds exceed 50 mph in Jamaica, they will flip the internet satellite dishes up side down until the winds are less than 50 mph. If the website goes down, you will know the winds exceeded this limit. Also BetJam's primary phone numbers will also go down at that time. The back-up phone numbers through an undersea fiber optic line are (877) 906-5666 and (877) 906-3730.

I'd just like to take a moment to wish Scotty, Spiros and all others involved with BJ and THE GREEK good luck tomorrow!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I'd just like to take a moment to wish Scotty, Spiros and all others involved with BJ and THE GREEK good luck tomorrow!

Absolutely, and our prayers are with you and everyone else in the path of this hurricane!

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

``Jamaica is the next land mass that is looking at a strong likelihood of a direct hit,'' according to Dennis Feltgen, a meteorologist and spokesman for the Hurricane Center.
A hurricane warning remains in effect for Jamaica, the south coast of the Dominican Republic and Haiti. The Cayman Islands are now under a hurricane watch, the center said. A warning means the storm is expected within 24 hours and a watch indicates it's expected within 36 hours.
``We are evacuating all of our guests right now, everyone's at the airport,'' Cassandra Morgan, a security officer at the Sandals resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica, said in an interview this morning.
Jamaica, Mexico Prepare
Delta Air Lines is operating extra flights into Jamaica and Grand Cayman to assist with evacuation efforts, the company said in a statement today. It's also allowing customers booked on flights to or from select cities in Mexico and the Caribbean to make itinerary changes without penalty.
Jamaica's Office of Disaster Preparedness and Emergency Management advised people along the coast or in low-lying areas to have a plan for heading to higher ground.
Residents have been stocking up on groceries, gas and other supplies, ready to weather the storm, Morgan said. The island is bracing itself for a Category 5 storm.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Absolutely, and our prayers are with you and everyone else in the path of this hurricane!

I'll triple that.

Good luck to all. I don't like to see these disasters at all and feel for those who do get caught up in them. My exp was with Hugo in Beaufort, SC and then many typhoons in Japan, but it is always scary and it is always dangerous as infrastructures weaken over time.

My prayers are out for anyone in harms way.

Semper Fi

dirty

EOG Master

I agree Pete, Ken and everyone else who passed along the well wishes....

Reno Paul

EOG Dedicated

I wish all the best for Scotty and company down at Bet Jamaica.

I better get all the Horse racing bets I can in for tonight's action at Los Alamitos.

Might not get any bets in for tomorrow it seems.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

4 sure hope everyone gets thur this ,id get the hell out there not worth the risk lot of fights out etc

August West

Rambler

Dirty, are you using a mirror? Betjamaica and BetJam aren't working for me. Thanks.

The meteorologist on CNN said Jamaica has never been hit by more than a category 1 hurricane. This could be devastating because the width of the storm is bigger than the island and the eye is supposed to pass right down the middle. Meaning every inch of land is going to get the full brunt of the storm. Really scary.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

if ya f with a cat 4 or 5 your nuts no structure is built to take it, katrina hit as a 3 ,id have to be on high ground and under ground to stay there

dirty

EOG Master

Tools, options, internet options..then clear Cache or cookies.... depends on the browser.....

It is just a idea... as sometimes cookies get old and need to be cleared