Any thoughts on Wake Forest?

Bud Davis

EOG Member
Last I saw it was 6'. IREALLY like this game. WF has 9 starters coming back on O, returning ACC champions vs. a team with a new head coach. I know BC will have a good D, but 6'. What am I missing?

Kellie

EOG Member
Re: Any thoughts on Wake Forest?

BC QB Ryan is- arguably- among the the best returning QBs in the ACC. Pretty strong, veteran running game (Callender, Whitworth- nurinsing a hammy- and AJ Brooks, w/ the typical BC O-line.) All the word out of Chestnut Hill I've read has been positive, home opener...

I've got BC winning this by at least 7.. No units though..

The thing about Wake is this.. They had alot of 5th year seniors on their team last year.. A team like that knows that the only way they can compete with all the talent in the ACC is by stocking up on experience, which they did and it worked last year.. Don't think though that Wake will be anything like what you saw last year.. BC's Ryan is a good QB.. BC's defense was 12th in nation in scoring defense and Wake was 78th in scoring offense.. The game is in Boston.. I just don't see Wake keeping it that close.. They lose by 7 at least..

mofome

Banned

9 starters coming back on 0? who told you that?

:+clueless

ryan is among the best returning QBs in the ACC? what the hell does that even mean? 1) the ACC had the worst group of QBs out of any major conference in the nation last year. 2) who all came back? who is he better than? sure hes a decent qb...but you didnt actually say anything. that statement doesnt mean anything. 'among the best'? how large is that group he is 'among'? skinner is 'among' the best as well. that doesnt mean anything.

Kellie

EOG Member

ryan is among the best returning QBs in the ACC? what the hell does that even mean? 1) the ACC had the worst group of QBs out of any major conference in the nation last year. 2) who all came back? who is he better than? sure hes a decent qb...but you didnt actually say anything. that statement doesnt mean anything. 'among the best'? how large is that group he is 'among'? skinner is 'among' the best as well. that doesnt mean anything.
Do Ryan's #'s from last season not compare well vs. other returning QBs in the ACC? He would seem to be among the best returning QBs. Perhaps you can enlighten as to how he is not? And as what was being referred to were QBs returning in the ACC, how they compare or not to QBs in other conferences wouldn't seem to be particularly relevent to a discussion re. an ACC matchup.

Thanx for your insight!

mofome

Banned

Do Ryan's #'s from last season not compare well vs. other returning QBs in the ACC? He would seem to be among the best returning QBs. Perhaps you can enlighten as to how he is not? And as what was being referred to were QBs returning in the ACC, how they compare or not to QBs in other conferences wouldn't seem to be particularly relevent to a discussion re. an ACC matchup.

Thanx for your insight!

if you wake up with an IQ over 12 tomorrow, come back and reply with something a bit more useful, deal?

who said hes not (yes, i know how to use bold font too) one of the best returning starters in the acc? how about you reply to whats actually been written? it may make for a better discussion. :) who compared him to a QB from another conference?

let me slow down for you, ace. being one of the better returning starters in the ACC doesnt mean shit. you state it as if hes in a conference with ainge and woodson. he is not. who is this group of returning starters? if you are one of the best, amongst a group of shit, then who cares? also, you state this as if its a difference b/w the two teams...it is not. skinner is a very good qb and he is, also, among the best returning starters in the ACC. who is this distinguished group you speak of? you're quite slow, sport. i know hes among the best returning starters in the acc, that just doesnt mean anything. name off the returning starters in the acc for us, could ya? would ya? lets have fun this morning, kiddie poo.

:cheers

mofome

Banned

<TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=tcat>View Profile: Kellie</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" width="100%" colSpan=2>Kellie
EOG Member
</TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD> </TD><TD class=smallfont vAlign=bottom align=right>Last Activity: 08-31-07 07:10 AM
Replying to Thread Any thoughts on Wake Forest? @ 07:10 AM
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

spit it out, kid.

mofome

Banned

are you kidding me...have you been replying for 17 minutes? how many browsers do you have open as you scramble for a rational thought. i can end this for you now...you lose.

:thumbsup

Kellie

EOG Member

if you wake up with an IQ over 12 tomorrow, come back and reply with something a bit more useful, deal?

who said hes not (yes, i know how to use bold font too) one of the best returning starters in the acc? how about you reply to whats actually been written? it may make for a better discussion. :) who compared him to a QB from another conference?

let me slow down for you, ace. being one of the better returning starters in the ACC doesnt mean shit. you state it as if hes in a conference with ainge and woodson. he is not. who is this group of returning starters? if you are one of the best, amongst a group of shit, then who cares? also, you state this as if its a difference b/w the two teams...it is not. skinner is a very good qb and he is, also, among the best returning starters in the ACC. who is this distinguished group you speak of? you're quite slow, sport. i know hes among the best returning starters in the acc, that just doesnt mean anything. name off the returning starters in the acc for us, could ya? would ya? lets have fun this morning, kiddie poo.

Not sure what/why you feel the need to be insulting, but...
:whatever:
(Um, who led the ACC in passing yards and yds/gm last season, and was it's 1st team QB?) Not sure how, in a discussion of an ACC game, opinions/comparisons on QBs in other conferences are relevent... (and no, I didn't state it as if it were a "difference" b/w the two teams, just throwing out mine and- what seems by many- to be a consensus view, that Ryan is arguably among the best returning QBs in the conference, one reason to give BC some consideration in this game.)
And does this help you:
Boston College: Matt Ryan, Senior
Clemson: Cullen Harper, Junior
Duke: Thaddeus Lewis, Sophomore
Florida State: Drew Weatherford, Junior
Georgia Tech: Taylor Bennett, Junior
Maryland: Jordan Steffy, Junior
Miami: Kirby Freeman, Junior
North Carolina: T.J. Yates, Redshirt Freshman
NC State: Daniel Evans, Junior
Virginia: Jameel Sewell, Sophomore
Virginia Tech: Sean Glennon, Junior
Wake Forest: Riley Skinner, Sophomore

?

Enjoy your day!

Kellie

EOG Member

are you kidding me...have you been replying for 17 minutes? how many browsers do you have open as you scramble for a rational thought. i can end this for you now...you lose.

:thumbsup
Actually trying to do a few diff things @ the same time... no offense, but you- and EOG- weren't my first priority!
:cool:

mofome

Banned

Not sure what/why you feel the need to be insulting, but...
:whatever:
(Um, who led the ACC in passing yards and yds/gm last season, and was it's 1st team QB?) Not sure how, in a discussion of an ACC game, opinions/comparisons on QBs in other conferences are relevent... (and no, I didn't state it as if it were a "difference" b/w the two teams, just throwing out mine and- what seems by many- to be a consensus view, that Ryan is arguably among the best returning QBs in the conference, one reason to give BC some consideration in this game.)
And does this help you:
Boston College: Matt Ryan, Senior
Clemson: Cullen Harper, Junior
Duke: Thaddeus Lewis, Sophomore
Florida State: Drew Weatherford, Junior
Georgia Tech: Taylor Bennett, Junior
Maryland: Jordan Steffy, Junior
Miami: Kirby Freeman, Junior
North Carolina: T.J. Yates, Redshirt Freshman
NC State: Daniel Evans, Junior
Virginia: Jameel Sewell, Sophomore
Virginia Tech: Sean Glennon, Junior
Wake Forest: Riley Skinner, Sophomore

?

Enjoy your day!

it only took you 30 minutes to come up with this? holy shit...are you kellie or mel kiper, be honest?

again, no one said that any QBs in any other conference were 'relevant'. all i said was that the group you were speaking of was not a talented group of players. so, who cares if hes 'among the best'?

does your list help me? :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

so, you can look at that list and tell me you see an impressive bunch of talent, can ya? there isnt a player on that list that would make LSUs roster or floridas or Tennessees. Ryan is a decent QB. the fact that hes a one of the best returning starters, of a group of crap, doesnt have anything to do with how this game will play out. i dont see whats so confusing to you. i cant imagine how lost you'll be next year when you have to learn long division. i dont envy your teacher, thats for certain.

again, i dont reference other conferences in breaking down this game...i reference the lack of talent present in this league. if you say someone is one of the best in a group of studs...then you're saying something. if you're calling someone one of the best in a group of shit...it doesnt actually mean anything at all. its not a point of reference when capping a game, son.

:+excited-

mofome

Banned

Actually trying to do a few diff things @ the same time... no offense, but you- and EOG- weren't my first priority!
:cool:

lets be honest, you were looking up names of starters and trying your best to come up with something semi-witty. you failed miserably with the latter.

I think the point you guys are trying to get at is how Ryan's QB skills will affect the outcome of the game.. Saying Ryan is the best QB in the ACC is like saying you are the cool kid on the short bus (no offense Shortbus).. However, it is funny you mentioned Mel Kiper, because this is what Kiper has to say about Ryan..

Mel Kiper: (1:20 PM ET ) I think Matt Ryan right now is anywhere between the second and fourth highest rated senior QB. All those guys are outstanding prospects. Ryan has to improve his decision making. He's a big kid. He's a little inconsistent. Once in a while, he'll make a bad decision. If he makes strides in that area, when he's on top of his game, he can pick teams apart.

But I don't think anyone here is going to place bets based off of Ryan's play.. So it is futile to argue about just that position alone.. Wake's secondary is the weak spot in their defense, with not much experience.. Wake just lost one of their DEs due to ineligibility.. Wake's offense has had poor execution during the off-season.. Grobe has been quoted that he is a little concerned about it.. However, their last scrimmage, Wake's offense really lit it up.. BC returns a great defense and Wake returns a mediocre offense..

Personally, I'm not touching this game, but I wish you guys luck if you do get in..

mofome

Banned

I think the point you guys are trying to get at is how Ryan's QB skills will affect the outcome of the game.. Saying Ryan is the best QB in the ACC is like saying you are the cool kid on the short bus (no offense Shortbus).. However, it is funny you mentioned Mel Kiper, because this is what Kiper has to say about Ryan..

Mel Kiper: (1:20 PM ET ) I think Matt Ryan right now is anywhere between the second and fourth highest rated senior QB. All those guys are outstanding prospects. Ryan has to improve his decision making. He's a big kid. He's a little inconsistent. Once in a while, he'll make a bad decision. If he makes strides in that area, when he's on top of his game, he can pick teams apart.

But I don't think anyone here is going to place bets based off of Ryan's play.. So it is futile to argue about just that position alone.. Wake's secondary is the weak spot in their defense, with not much experience.. Wake just lost one of their DEs due to ineligibility.. Wake's offense has had poor execution during the off-season.. Grobe has been quoted that he is a little concerned about it.. However, their last scrimmage, Wake's offense really lit it up.. BC returns a great defense and Wake returns a mediocre offense..

Personally, I'm not touching this game, but I wish you guys luck if you do get in..

good post. ryan wont be a decent-good NFL QB, imo, but hes certainly a very good NCAA QB. I like Skinner a lot, i think hes going to surprise a lot of people this year...he can make plays out of nothing. wake runs an offense thats tough to prepare for, i like them to play well. im with you though, i dont plan on making a wager here.

good post. ryan wont be a decent-good NFL QB, imo, but hes certainly a very good NCAA QB. I like Skinner a lot, i think hes going to surprise a lot of people this year...he can make plays out of nothing. wake runs an offense thats tough to prepare for, i like them to play well. im with you though, i dont plan on making a wager here.

Sweet, since neither of us are betting, it doesn't matter who wins :+excited-