BETONLINE- Do they suck or not?

Hacksaw

EOG Member
Re: BETONLINE- Do they suck or not?

Wassup Hack - I ordered your book, man - but it is not here, yet. I am the Bucky from God's Country - Plains of the Midwest!

Consider one other thing. If I am a book that needs a credibility upgrade or initial boost. Ah, maybe, I should advertise at EOG!!!! If I was Shrink I would GIVE away the advertising to 4-5 stud books to set the table!

Bucky,

Ah the midwest where I grew up walking along the Illinois banks of the Mississippi River. You should be able to download the book its an ebook right now. Shrink has given me a little bit of support and once I can get some funding I most certainly want to upgrade the book from just an ebook to a in-store novel. The upgrade will include more stories from other perceptions than my own.

I have been giving away the book for free to some books and actually one of the most successful owners to come through the industry (Mark Blandford) bought the book and gave me some nice compliments and well received critique. Today I will be going on the Papa Joe Chevallier Show on national radio. Not sure about his who his nationwide affiliates are since he departed Sporting News Radio but hopefully it will be a good show.

It's my first novel I have ever written and was very tough but for now I wanna hear more about Mile High Stories and if joining includes the Mile High city I guess I not only joined but was a repeat offender from Las Vegas to Columbus, Ohio 11 years ago doing it in the newly constructed Denver International Airport behind a gate stand during construction on a layover.

Hey Ball Rash, as a pilot if my book for some reason sells like hotcakes can I get you to do a little air chauffering?

seems like a normal upgrade to me from SBR

I don't see the jump, can someone point the jump out for me ?

In early 2003 they started at a D. They went to a C on August 25, 2003. In 2004 they made C+. They made B in 2005 and A- in 2007. If that's what Ken and Roberto think is "risisng faster than a speeding bullet" then I guess they did. :cheers

This is not an A+ book or even close at this point. But they have done a great job expanding their facility and investing in their infrastructure at a time when most books are sitting on their hands. They have also done a good job with payment processors up to this point.

John,

It's very hard to defend a sports book you have rated an A - ....

When less than a year ago, on a thread YOU started at YOUR WEBSITE titled,

"Get out of low rated books NOW!"

You stated to get "out" of this VERY SAME sports book, whether u name it Bestlines, BetOnline, or BetonSports...

Also, when I read your line above "But they have done a great job expanding their facility..."

I nearly fell out of my chair and spilled coffee while laughing with tears!!!

If this is now one of the requirements for an upgrade than BETONSPORTS should have been rated an A +

LETS GET HONEST, OK?

EOG has admitted to taking less than stellar sports books but we do not delete what posters have to say about them....

Please have the integrity to admit that at least in part, your rating them as an A- sports book has something to do with :+money-8+ ...

Otherwise, your credibility will take an even bigger hit....

THE SHRINK

P.S.

I have emailed you guys several times for my pw so I can return you the favor and post at your joint but no one over there loves me...

Can u make sure this gets done?

Thanks,

shrink@eog.com

ersamuels2007

EOG Member

I rarely agreed with Jay lately but I believe he got this one right. I can also see John's point of view, especially from a commercial standpoint.

I think the clue to best understand this book and the possible cause of major concern that could arise in the near future lays in the former ties between BLS and BoS (the credit side infiltrated by the mob) and the need to switch to a relatively virgin brand (betonline) because bestlinesports was in the BoS indictment.

As JC alluded to it's still the same people involved. If a company buys another company and merges and changes its name from Bestlines to Betonline it does not alleviate them of a legal problem of the Betonsports indictment. In the original indictment of June 1 2006 there was speculation that just maybe Bestlines was named in the indictment in error because they were previously located in the Mall San Pedro. However, this theory has gone down the drain when 13 months later on June 28, 2007 when all the dust settled, the Eastern District of Missouri issued the new superseding indictment, and in Count I paragraph 20 (c) (racketeering count) Bestlines was named as "one of the entities under Internet-associated brand or trade names belonging to or controlled by the enterprise." The indictment later states that if there is a conviction for count I there will be forfeiture of 4.5 billion dollars. Does this mean that if the defendants in the BOS case go down, does Betonline as well? Will this give the feds the right to freeze their accounts?

Hacksaw also states in his famous book that the past owner of Infinity Sports is involved over at Betonline now as well.

sl55

EOG Veteran

John,

It's very hard to defend a sports book you have rated an A - ....

When less than a year ago, on a thread YOU started at YOUR WEBSITE titled,

"Get out of low rated books NOW!"

You stated to get "out" of this VERY SAME sports book, whether u name it Bestlines, BetOnline, or BetonSports...

Also, when I read your line above "But they have done a great job expanding their facility..."

I nearly fell out of my chair and spilled coffee while laughing with tears!!!

If this is now one of the requirements for an upgrade than BETONSPORTS should have been rated an A +

LETS GET HONEST, OK?

EOG has admitted to taking less than stellar sports books but we do not delete what posters have to say about them....

Please have the integrity to admit that at least in part, your rating them as an A- sports book has something to do with :+money-8+ ...

Otherwise, your credibility will take an even bigger hit....

THE SHRINK

P.S.

I have emailed you guys several times for my pw so I can return you the favor and post at your joint but no one over there loves me...

Can u make sure this gets done?

Thanks,

shrink@eog.com

You don't seriously think you will get an honest answer do you?

They suck for several reasons. The main one being the people behind them. If people realized who they were playing with, they would run, not walk to the exit. Frankly it's an all star cast of characters from other infamous operations.

There's a reason they pounded the BOS list hard, but it's not the only genetic code you'll find there if you checked their DNA. Their -105 model is a time bomb waiting to go off. Does it remind anyone of another start up? Do the math folks.

I don't why sites including this one have decided to turn a blind eye to the situation. Personally I think SBR has made a big mistake here, but I still find their ratings to be the most accurate overall.

The Verdict is in from the man who knows best

THEY SUCK !

Thanks JC

Yes i can honestly say it has nothing to do with money. We would make the same if they were an A+ or an F-. Players would just choose to join another book on our list if they were an F so it would be revenue neutral for SBR. We have X players a day come to the site and and join books. Rating one book higher than another does not change the X.

I will send you your user info and look forward to another good year of posting with you. ;)

A VERY WISE man once told me that whenever ANYONE claims...

"It has nothing to do with money..."

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH MONEY...:rolleyes:

Hacksaw

EOG Member

As JC alluded to it's still the same people involved. If a company buys another company and merges and changes its name from Bestlines to Betonline it does not alleviate them of a legal problem of the Betonsports indictment. In the original indictment of June 1 2006 there was speculation that just maybe Bestlines was named in the indictment in error because they were previously located in the Mall San Pedro. However, this theory has gone down the drain when 13 months later on June 28, 2007 when all the dust settled, the Eastern District of Missouri issued the new superseding indictment, and in Count I paragraph 20 (c) (racketeering count) Bestlines was named as "one of the entities under Internet-associated brand or trade names belonging to or controlled by the enterprise." The indictment later states that if there is a conviction for count I there will be forfeiture of 4.5 billion dollars. Does this mean that if the defendants in the BOS case go down, does Betonline as well? Will this give the feds the right to freeze their accounts?

Hacksaw also states in his famous book that the past owner of Infinity Sports is involved over at Betonline now as well.

ersamuels,

the difference between BOS and BetOnline is like night and day. Key people from Infinity Sports that partnered with BOS but operated seperately left the industry around 2003 due to a strained relationship with BOS and re-emerged to take positions at BestLinesSports and than did an overhaul to BetOnline. Fact is BOS tried to move to Panama but was denied a license which would have been attainable if the two were one in the same or in cahoots.

Saying that BetOnline is evil because of their association with BOS is like saying Leslie Neilson (Lieutenant Frank Drebin) is a total scumbag because he worked with OJ Simpson in "The Naked Gun" and "Naked gun 2 1/2".

I certainly do not blame anyone for having a strong opinion of anything associated with BOS, because for years they painted an illusion of themselves to the public. And a lot of people including myself want to be rid of that part of our personal history. Having consulted for BOS is like wearing a scar of shame, despite no intentions of ill relations with the consumer.

sl55

EOG Veteran

ersamuels,

the difference between BOS and BetOnline is like night and day. Key people from Infinity Sports that partnered with BOS but operated seperately left the industry around 2003 due to a strained relationship with BOS and re-emerged to take positions at BestLinesSports and than did an overhaul to BetOnline. Fact is BOS tried to move to Panama but was denied a license which would have been attainable if the two were one in the same or in cahoots.

Saying that BetOnline is evil because of their association with BOS is like saying Leslie Neilson (Lieutenant Frank Drebin) is a total scumbag because he worked with OJ Simpson in "The Naked Gun" and "Naked gun 2 1/2".

I certainly do not blame anyone for having a strong opinion of anything associated with BOS, because for years they painted an illusion of themselves to the public. And a lot of people including myself want to be rid of that part of our personal history. Having consulted for BOS is like wearing a scar of shame, despite no intentions of ill relations with the consumer.
who are you consulting for now,Betonlne?It's hard to paint a rosey picture when the only color you have is shit brown.

Shrink I think you are not reading my posts. You already know how you want to play this and are sticking to the plan. I showed you their upgrade history which took them 4 years. You had no comment. I explained your business question and you stuck to your plan.

Its all good. Its how the game is played and you are still the master. We will see how BetOnline does this year. I think they will do a good job. They will be reviewed often.

Did you noticed we upgraded BetUS recently?? First time this book has seen a + sign in years. I dont come here any more taking shots at your SBG, Oddsmaker and BetUS. But I still think you would make more money long term promoting only quality books. The paying for branding era is coming to a close imho.

ersamuels,
the difference between BOS and BetOnline is like night and day.
What does Betonline and BOS have in common? Didn't Bestlines evolve to get rid of "credit' problems in the BOS attempt to go public in 2002?

Key people from Infinity Sports that partnered with BOS but operated seperately left the industry around 2003 due to a strained relationship with BOS and re-emerged to take positions at BestLinesSports and than did an overhaul to BetOnline. If Infinity operated "separately" as you say, why was the company sold and floated in 2004? I don't know what an "overhaul" means? Does this mean that ALL people once involved in Bestlines are all gone?

Fact is BOS tried to move to Panama but was denied a license which would have been attainable if the two were one in the same or in cahoots. Can you tell me what year BOS tried to move to Panama?

Mudcat

EOG Senior Member

Show a thread where BJ changed a line.I'm not going off topic at all,from a person that got royally fucked by BOS,I am only suggesting an alternative book that I know has not fucked me.

I'm not quite sure what you're asking. Show a thread where BJ changed a line??? There have been some discussing the topic at SBR. That's where I first learned of it. Since then, I have chatted to other contacts who have reported the same thing. I communicate with a lot of players. This is a pretty old story. I'm surprised anyone is surprised.

I feel like I'm telling a kid there is no Santa Clause. I'm really sorry but it's just a fact of life. I'm really glad BetJam hasn't screwed you. As I tried to make clear, it only affects certain high $$$ winning players, nowhere near everyone. As I hope I also made clear, I agree there are many good things about BetJam.

I totally agree that the BOS situation sucked. Just ask BOS shill Raiders how much he dislikes me and how uncooperative I was with his shilling.

Since maybe this isn't as common knowledge as I thought, what happens is Bet Jamaica puts some high $$$ winning players on wager review. When that happens, a very high percentage of their bets get rejected and will only be accepted at a lower line (in other words after an extra 5 -10% has been skimmed off the win amount.) If the player is in the middle of a rollover, they are kind of screwed. They either accept giving back more than whatever bonus they received, or else they can make a bunch of lower dollar bets they normally wouldn't make but it's the only way to complete the rollover. Or they can just keep placing the bets they want but, because so few get accepted, it takes 10x as long.

It also bears mentioning that the delay is significant. It makes last second betting much more dicey. Anyone who doesn't know how last-second betting can be part of picture just doesn't know betting.

Getting more back on topic, the word I'm getting is BOL is not being nearly so bad about it. First of all, it is only the one report I am aware of (as opposed to many about BetJam.) And the one person who reported it is saying he may have over-reacted to a small flurry of suspicious delays/rejections. He says he had about 5 bets in a row delayed and rejected, but since then he is still getting the delay but his large $$$ bets are being accepted.

Hacksaw

EOG Member

the difference between BOS and BetOnline is like night and day.
What does Betonline and BOS have in common? Didn't Bestlines evolve to get rid of "credit' problems in the BOS attempt to go public in 2002?

BestLinessports had an office in the San Pedro mall in 2001 but no relationship with BOS per my knowledge. The listing of BestlinesSports under the BOS list of companies was a mistake in my opinion and the federal papers did make mistakes after all it took them over a year to get Pete Wilson's identity correct.

Key people from Infinity Sports that partnered with BOS but operated seperately left the industry around 2003 due to a strained relationship with BOS and re-emerged to take positions at BestLinesSports and than did an overhaul to BetOnline. If Infinity operated "separately" as you say, why was the company sold and floated in 2004? I don't know what an "overhaul" means? Does this mean that ALL people once involved in Bestlines are all gone?

The original owner of Infinity left that company at the end of 2003. Overhaul means that new ownership and management came in and bought BestLinesSports and has started doing what they did with Infinity and I imagine you can look long and hard and you will not find any complaints for non-payment or slow payment by Infinity prior to 2003. They were a very good company.

Fact is BOS tried to move to Panama but was denied a license which would have been attainable if the two were one in the same or in cahoots. Can you tell me what year BOS tried to move to Panama?

I do beleive it was around 2004 they tried to move to Panama this is based on information I received from one of my contacts that would soon resign at BOS do to uncomfortable situations that he would not elaborate about.

Hacksaw

EOG Member

who are you consulting for now,Betonlne?It's hard to paint a rosey picture when the only color you have is shit brown.

sl55, I don't consult for anyone now. In my book I do give credit to one of the solid companies that I did business with and they are currently at BetOnline. Since I give them good press any traffic that is sent their way due to the press from the book the proceeds are given to a charity of my choice which will include Los Angeles public school systems and humane societies.

I would like to hear how you figure my color is shit brown? What do you know about me? Is it because I was associated with BOS up until the end of 2001. Didn't you used to play with BOS? Are all players that played with BOS shit brown because they were fooled by BOS?

I look forward to how you support your statements.

Hacksaw

EOG Member

If anyone is interested I will be doing a national radio interview on the Papa Joe Chevalier Show at 5:20 pm pst. You are more than welcome to listen at Papa Joe Chevalier.

Mudcat

EOG Senior Member

I don't know if what I'm about to do is against the rules. If so, please delete my post and accept my apologies. This is responding to the request from sl55. It's a thread at SBRforum where the topic of Bet Jamaica putting players on wager review first came to my attention about a year and a half ago. I think I was a mod at the time.

Since then, there have been many more reports.

http://forum.sbrforum.com/players-t...en-i-try-bet-every-time.html?highlight=betjam

The one thing that thread reminds me of is that I was being a little overly generous to BetJam. It is not strictly guys making max bets. Halifax reported having some fairly unremarkably sized bets rejected.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

betjam doesnt deny it it happens scotty will tell you he will be more than happy to move you upstairs (greek) life goes on:cheers

world traveler

EOG Addicted

rejecting bets and being run by ex bos people are 2 completly different things.
That being said IMO neither Shrink nor sbr john have any moral standing to be accusing one another on accepting ad $$, endorsing, having sheets, etc on ANY book good or bad. They both do this for profit ONLY and at the end of the day will take $$ from whomever they feel like, regardless what we punters want or think. So to point fingers at eachother is just silly and done exclusivly to get some forum drama going as that is a guranteed way to get traffic up.

Shrink I think you are not reading my posts. You already know how you want to play this and are sticking to the plan. I showed you their upgrade history which took them 4 years. You had no comment. I explained your business question and you stuck to your plan.

Its all good. Its how the game is played and you are still the master. We will see how BetOnline does this year. I think they will do a good job. They will be reviewed often.

Did you noticed we upgraded BetUS recently?? First time this book has seen a + sign in years. I dont come here any more taking shots at your SBG, Oddsmaker and BetUS. But I still think you would make more money long term promoting only quality books. The paying for branding era is coming to a close imho.

Oh, the irony of it all... :newsmile055:

Guess which one of our posters made the following comments one year ago? :turndevil

The first poster to guess it right wins an EOG shirt....:+waving-5

"We get paid to send traffic to every book, no shame in that and the numbers are of course private.

What makes us different is you can pay us for our traffic and we will still call you a thief if you are a thief. The books and players both know it too and the confirmation to that is in numbers.

IMHO Bottomline is to call a duck a duck or in this case call these BOS rico clowns thieves as we have been doing. Maybe you know of a few sites who tried to tell players these thiefs were NEW AND IMPROVED??

Anyway, the SBR followers appreciated our warnings on BOS and at the end of the day, who we recommend and who we warn against is how we are all judged. As it should be." :cheers

February 19, 2007:
shrink

Im sticking it out long term with bestlinesports where you (Shrink) helped me get set up and covered.

I know they are not considred top top top tier but I love what I see so far with them. They could become a bigger player if they stick to serving USA like they are doing now.

And now.....

well sinc eyou have given me a 5k betonline safety net Id say I love them...

seriously they have great -105 line offerings plus props, I cant knock them but Ive never asked for any cash either...

id love to say they will be the best low juice provider in the future and grab some Pinny customers looking for low juice options. (I prefer bettrojan)..

I'm with Try Try Try. I'm glad I have the safety net.

But Shrink, I thought you were this book's huge advocate when they came to the rescue for us when many books were making mass exodus?

I'm assuming the ownership changed when the name did? I'm not playing dumb. I just don't know this stuff.

SCI

EOG Enthusiast

The risk here is they shoot their rep with over aggressive marketing with strings and non sense that lead to complaints. They want to be like CRIS and a little like Pinny with Bodog type marketing. They want market share. Hopefully they will balance preserving their rep with gaining market share and continue to grow smartly.

Yes i can honestly say it has nothing to do with money. We would make the same if they were an A+ or an F-. Players would just choose to join another book on our list if they were an F so it would be revenue neutral for SBR. We have X players a day come to the site and and join books. Rating one book higher than another does not change the X.

But why miss out on the opportunity of thier aggressive marketing and potential market share? Which in turn sends more people to SBR for more information on a widely promoted book. Moreso of the average book presently advertising around the industry/internet during "this" time.

This thread has nothing to do with "Is Betonline is a solid shop or not". It has to do with a good business decision made by a reputable review site, taking a ride during the potential growth of the future of the (book) industry.

I really hope that Betonline sets themselves up to be a reputable book for industry sake going forward. IMO, they show good signs of thier potential.

The last 2 paragraphs from 5 months ago would lead me to believe that the acceleration in BOL's grade was worthy.

Let me know if my $$$ is safe or not because I'm confused:+clueless

<table id="post692718" class="tborder" align="center" border="0" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td class="alt1" id="td_post_692718" style="border-right: 1px solid rgb(43, 41, 94);">Bestline Sports acquires Betonline.com

written April 16, 2007

One of the stronger online sports books just got bigger and stronger. Bestline Sports, located in Panama, has notified EOG that they have acquired Betonline.com, a sports book located in Costa Rica.

A spokesperson from BestlineSports, Jennifer Carrillo stated, "Bestline Sports is proud to announce our acquisition of www.Betonline.com."

"Aside from making our sports book easier to navigate and enhancing our online presence through a stronger SEO name such as 'betonline,' we believe we are growing in leaps and bounds."

Although an official Press Release is due out tomorrow, Bestline Sports wanted gamblers to know that there should be no downtime during this merger stage and they are working feverishly to polish up the older betonline web site.

Jennifer added,

"Gamblers want sites that not only pay out but that are easy to navigate. We are surging ahead to do exactly that."

I believe that since the Internet gambling bill passed, last November, BestlineSports, err, www.betonline.com has made more progress than virtually anyone else in the sports betting industry.

They have become an operation to take note of and it's all good.

written by Kenneth B. Weitzner--EOG<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border-style: none solid solid; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94); border-width: 0px 1px 1px;"> </td> <td class="alt1" style="border-style: none solid solid none; border-color: -moz-use-text-color rgb(43, 41, 94) rgb(43, 41, 94) -moz-use-text-color; border-width: 0px 1px 1px 0px;" align="right"> </td></tr></tbody></table>

Sorry Rinkrat, but making progress does not put BetOnline in the same class as other A rated books at SBR...

According to SBR, A- to A+ ratings represent:

"Elite, TOP 1% OF ALL SPORTSBOOKS, Guaranteed safety & quality."

Trying to convince gamblers that BetOnline is TOP 1% material and anywhere NEAR the same calibre as CRIS/BOOKMAKER, WSEX/MATCHBOOK, LEGENDZ/THEPIG, THEGREEK/BET JAMAICA is COMICAL at best, INSULTING at worst...:doh1

As far as your money bing safe there, lets just say that I am no longer GUARANTEEING players for 5k per account as I once had...

There are certain things I learned about them that were not known to me when I wrote the article...

However, I do believe your money is safe there, but not to the same degree of TRUST as all other A rated books at SBR...

Bottom line: If you liked BOS or BetPanAm, you'll LOVE BetOnline, period...

They have some of the same people there, too...:cool:

P.S.

I suggest asking other bookmakers about BetOnline. Usually, your peers are pretty good at evaluating competition.

If you do your due diligence, you will find that JC is not the only one with the harsh opinion about BetOnline.

I strongly suggest asking another sports book that does business very close to Bestlines/BetOnline/BOS what they think for starters...

THE SHRINK

Fair enough.

"has made more progress than virtually anyone else in the sports betting industry." had me confused.

I just remember you writing these things Shrink and I want to make sure everything is in the context it should be. Thanks.

Oh, the irony of it all... :newsmile055:

Guess which one of our posters made the following comments one year ago? :turndevil

The first poster to guess it right wins an EOG shirt....:+waving-5

"We get paid to send traffic to every book, no shame in that and the numbers are of course private.

What makes us different is you can pay us for our traffic and we will still call you a thief if you are a thief. The books and players both know it too and the confirmation to that is in numbers.

IMHO Bottomline is to call a duck a duck or in this case call these BOS rico clowns thieves as we have been doing. Maybe you know of a few sites who tried to tell players these thiefs were NEW AND IMPROVED??

Anyway, the SBR followers appreciated our warnings on BOS and at the end of the day, who we recommend and who we warn against is how we are all judged. As it should be." :cheers

Would that be SBR John:doh1

ersamuels2007

EOG Member

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="98%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left>TOW Industry Newswire </TD></TR><TR><TH vAlign=top align=left><!-- Article Title / Date -->9/14/2007
Betonline downgraded to high risk, caution advised

</TH></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left><!-- Article Contents--><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left><!-- Article Content -->"Albeit unusual at the beginning of Football season the downgrade of Betonline to high risk is deemed necessary due to adverse feedbacks on some individuals directly involved with the operation.
Betonline was born under the wrong star, its first marketing steps assisted by the infamous Robbie McPhail. McPhail is a con artist well known in Costa Rica and abroad due to his involvement in several scam operations that stiffed dozens of unsuspecting bettors.
In the first months of 2007 Betonline announced the sale, or merger, with BestLineSports. BLS officially merged into Betonline to improve its internet marketing performance.
In reality the move was dictated by much more serious concerns. BestLineSports was originally operated by some individuals directly tied to the shadiest businesses of Gary Kaplan (Betonsports). Allegations according to which BestLineSports was catering part of the credit business tied to the Gambino mob family lead U.S. prosecutors to name BestLineSports.com in the Betonsports Indictment of July 2006.
Making BestLineSports.com disappear as fast as lightning became imperative for the new owners of BLS, namely the group once behind Infinity, one of the many brands taken over by Betonsports over the years.
Despite Betonline management repeated denials our sources in Costa Rica and Panama recently confirmed the direct involvement of Dalton Wagner, formerly MVPSportsbook/Betonsports, with Betonline. Wagner vanished from Betonsports few days after David Carruthers' arrest, allegedly taking with him BoS technical equipment worth hundreds of thousands of dollars which he formally bought for pennies thus further jeopardizing Betonsports players chances to recover their account balances.
Sources also confirmed the direct involvement with Betonline of one, or more, of the former managers of failed BetPanam. Two individuals currently involved with Betonline's marketing were the primary cause of BetPanam's demise. The book shut down few months after its grand opening in March 2004. Several dozens of players got stiffed out of over $300,000.
The downgrade to high risk becomes mandatory given the potential risk of being brought under the DoJ's microscope and the involvement of the above mentioned shady individuals in the day to day operation of Betonline.
Players are strongly advised to proceed with caution with this operation and maintain their account balances at the "acceptable loss" figure."
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

dirty

EOG Master

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top">TOW Industry Newswire </td></tr><tr><th align="left" valign="top"><!-- Article Title / Date -->9/14/2007

</th></tr><tr><td align="left" valign="top"><!-- Article Contents--><table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top"><!-- Article Content -->"Albeit unusual at the beginning of Football season the downgrade of Betonline to high risk is deemed necessary due to adverse feedbacks on some individuals directly involved with the operation.
Betonline was born under the wrong star, its first marketing steps assisted by the infamous Robbie McPhail. McPhail is a con artist well known in Costa Rica and abroad due to his involvement in several scam operations that stiffed dozens of unsuspecting bettors.
In the first months of 2007 Betonline announced the sale, or merger, with BestLineSports. BLS officially merged into Betonline to improve its internet marketing performance.
In reality the move was dictated by much more serious concerns. BestLineSports was originally operated by some individuals directly tied to the shadiest businesses of Gary Kaplan (Betonsports). Allegations according to which BestLineSports was catering part of the credit business tied to the Gambino mob family lead U.S. prosecutors to name BestLineSports.com in the Betonsports Indictment of July 2006.
Making BestLineSports.com disappear as fast as lightning became imperative for the new owners of BLS, namely the group once behind Infinity, one of the many brands taken over by Betonsports over the years.
Despite Betonline management repeated denials our sources in Costa Rica and Panama recently confirmed the direct involvement of Dalton Wagner, formerly MVPSportsbook/Betonsports, with Betonline. Wagner vanished from Betonsports few days after David Carruthers' arrest, allegedly taking with him BoS technical equipment worth hundreds of thousands of dollars which he formally bought for pennies thus further jeopardizing Betonsports players chances to recover their account balances.
Sources also confirmed the direct involvement with Betonline of one, or more, of the former managers of failed BetPanam. Two individuals currently involved with Betonline's marketing were the primary cause of BetPanam's demise. The book shut down few months after its grand opening in March 2004. Several dozens of players got stiffed out of over $300,000.
The downgrade to high risk becomes mandatory given the potential risk of being brought under the DoJ's microscope and the involvement of the above mentioned shady individuals in the day to day operation of Betonline.
Players are strongly advised to proceed with caution with this operation and maintain their account balances at the "acceptable loss" figure."
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

Can anyone tell me what the Right star to be born under is :LMAO:LMAO:LMAO

I am sure there are no other Former employees of defunct books working for any other books that are out there. :cheers:cheers

Hacksaw

EOG Member

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="98%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top">TOW Industry Newswire </td></tr><tr><th align="left" valign="top"><!-- Article Title / Date -->9/14/2007

</th></tr><tr><td align="left" valign="top"><!-- Article Contents--><table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left" valign="top"><!-- Article Content -->"Albeit unusual at the beginning of Football season the downgrade of Betonline to high risk is deemed necessary due to adverse feedbacks on some individuals directly involved with the operation.
</td></tr></tbody></table></td></tr></tbody></table>

ersamuels,

I was curious to know if you have any knowledge of this article and about Robbie McPhail? I dealt with him in the past and my experience was not a positive one at all. Wanted to know if my incident was isolate or if others have experienced bad deals with Mr. McPhail.

dirty

EOG Master

Damn calling TOW on the carpet!!!!!! :cheers:cheers:cheers

Good fight... Let's all set up a ring and settle it like it should be :houra:houra:houra

Mudcat

EOG Senior Member

TOW is he credible?

That gave me my laugh of the morning. I'm not sure if it was intended that way or not.

It reminds me of the old joke about politicians: "If their lips are moving, they're lying."

In this case, "If TOW's fingers are typing, he's lying."

Either case is not entirely true of course, but TOW has told so many lies and had so many agenda-driven statements and ratings, he deserves ZERO credibility. I believe his BoS rating at the time of the big STIFF was in the 8-10 (out of 10) range, and there had been any number of these sorts of statements justifying that. Oh what a surprise, guess whose banner was flying at the forum. Just one of many examples.

Not saying he's got this news wrong. I didn't even read the whole article (I couldn't be bothered considering the source). Just saying I would have to hear it from someone who doesn't lie and spin so much before I would start to consider it.

If he's "reporting" something bad about BOL, it could simply be retaliation because he was trying to get more advertising dollars out of BOL and it failed, or some scenario like that. If TOW doesn't like me saying that, he has only his past behavior to blame.

Having said all that, I still feel BOL is being over-rated right now. But it has nothing to do with that particular "news" release.

The Prophet

EOG Dedicated

There's not one offshore gaming provider that couldn't improve upon their business ethics. Everyone of them has rules which are unethically biased to serve themselves at the expensive of their clients.