Isaiah Thomas Sets Linguistic Rules For USA

During his deposition in his upcoming sexual harrassment suit, Mr. Thomas informs the country that it is "highly offensive" if a white man calls a black woman a bitch. But it is OK for a black man to do it. Huh?

Oh please, just shut up.

I guess he thinks it is OK too for black men to participate in dog-fighting and rob convenience stores , just not white men.

You can't make it up.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
Re: Isaiah Thomas Sets Linguistic Rules For USA

I am highly critical of Isaiah Thomas. He was a great player, but every GM, Coaching or other front office position (see CBA crash and burn) that he has had, has been a disaster. How this guy keeps getting jobs is beyond my comprehension. And this illustrious comment here just adds to it.

:whatever:

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Actually JJ, you did just make that up. That's not what he said...here's the article...

DOUBLE DRIBBLE
BLACKS CAN CALL BLACKS BITCH; WHITES CAN'T: ISIAH
By KATI CORNELL
NY POST

September 18, 2007 -- White men better not call a black woman "bitch" around Knicks coach Isiah Thomas, but if black men do it - well, that's fair game.

"I'm sorry to say, I do make a distinction," Thomas said in a videotaped admission viewed by a Manhattan federal jury yesterday.

"A white man calling a black female 'bitch,' that is wrong with me. I am not accepting that. That's a problem for me," he said.

But asked if he'd have a problem with a black man calling a black woman "bitch," Thomas said, "Not as much."

The videotaped deposition was played by lawyers for fired Knick executive Anucha Browne Sanders.

Sanders has accused Thomas of spewing profanity at her, calling her "bitch," "f- - -ing bitch," and "ho," before suddenly changing tactics to profess his love.

Sanders, former vice president of marketing for the Knicks, claims she was fired after complaining about Thomas. She is seeking job reinstatement and $10 million. \

Peyser: The Twisted Racial Logic Of A Knicko Sicko

Asked on tape whether he'd ever directed profanity at Sanders, Thomas said, "I have never cursed at Ms. Sanders. Now, have I ever sworn or used curse words around her? I probably have."

"Did you ever refer to Ms. Sanders as a 'ho'?" the lawyer asked.

"Please, no. Come on," the coach replied.

Thomas also denied being attracted to Sanders, or ever saying he was.

"I'm not attracted to her, no," said Thomas.

The lawyer on the tape zeroed in on an open practice in October 2005, asking Thomas if he introduced Sanders to a guest at the Garden as being "easy on the eyes" and a distraction.

"No, I don't think so," an animated Thomas said.

Thomas also is accused of trying to hug and kiss Sanders at the open practice - and whining, "No love today?" when she rejected him. Testimony from a lawyer and Knicks season-ticket holder, Robert Levy, appeared to bolster Sanders.

Levy said he was at the open practice when he spotted Thomas put his arm around Sanders' shoulders as she chatted with another man and overheard the coach say "it was distracting working with someone easy on the eyes."

An uncomfortable Sanders recoiled, Levy said.

In a statement yesterday, Thomas said, "Let's not mischaracterize what I said. What I said is it is always wrong for any man to call a woman a bitch. I didn't do that, and I would never do that."

Sanders admitted under cross-examination that she omitted some of her most salacious allegations in e-mails and journal entries documenting her complaints to MSG bigs.

She also copped to filing fraudulent tax returns from 2001 to 2004, claiming she had a marketing business that didn't exist and writing off up to $19,000 each year in expenses.

Meanwhile, Kathleen Decker, the former Knick intern that star Stephon Marbury testified to having sex with, left her Queens home yesterday with a suitcase.

world traveler

EOG Addicted

"it depends on what your defenision of "is", is"......sounds very Clintonesque to me

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

He says he makes a distinction. You can parse it anyway you'd like.

Saying he makes a distinction is very much different than saying this, and I quote you...

"But it is OK for a black man to do it."

...I too make a distinction between a black man calling a black woman a bitch or a ho(whore), and a white man doing the same thing, but I do not think it's OK. Words have meaning for a reason, JJ, so we can communicate thoughts and ideas effectively. You do a great disservice to both Isiah and every reader of this forum by posting what you think Isiah is saying instead of what Isiah is really saying!

Walther Whalker

EOG Addicted

..the OP misrepresented what ISAIAH said, at least in this portion of the depo

A disservice? Oh good grief. Next it will be I treated him with disrespek.

A black man says something stupid and, in this politically correct society, we still need to somehow "explain" it as not so bad.

Only three topics we have left that are still not protected by political correctness in the country: Whites, Christianity, and the military.

They are always fair game.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

A disservice? Oh good grief. Next it will be I treated him with disrespek.

A black man says something stupid and, in this politically correct society, we still need to somehow "explain" it as not so bad.

Only three topics we have left that are still not protected by political correctness in the country: Whites, Christianity, and the military.

They are always fair game.

JJ, (OP)
You don't like the word "disservice"? Fine, use WW's word, "misrepresented" then. Hell, why mince words; what you really did is lie about what Isiah said. And this has nothing to do with political correctness, but everything to do with the truth. You lied; you were caught in a lie; and you respond not apologetically but rather like it's someone else's fault, or the fault of our politically correct society.

Walther Whalker

EOG Addicted

jj, we said you misrepresented what ISAIAH said, a disservice to provide false information. you are making a mountain out of a mole hill, no big deal let it go buddy, gluck w/your plays.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

OK, let me make it up to Mr. Thomas.

He is a credit to his race.

There you go again...that's another lie(although I realize that's a feeble attempt on your part at humor). You don't make it up to Mr. Thomas or this forum by telling another lie...just speak the truth!

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Don 't Mind Pioneer he is just "Set in his Bible thumping and knowitall" ways

Shrink/General:

Why do you allow dirty to stalk me in this forum and continuously attack me, the poster, instead of addressing what I post? This is a perfect example of what dirty does everyday to me and Identity and others he doesn't like in this forum. I haven't posted anything in this thread that even hints at "Bible thumping" or "know-it-all". I have posted the truth and pointed out where JJ has lied or misrepresented the truth.

Dirty doesn't address anything I post but instead just attacks me. You, Shrink, said in the "Journeyman thread" here recently that if one of your mods acted the way that journeyman did at the RX that you would remove him. Dirty's actions in this forum are just as egregious; now is the chance to practice what you preach, Shrink. Of course I have no delusions that you will do the right thing here as you, Shrink, are guilty (although to a much lesser degree) of the same thing, ie. attacking me the poster, instead of addressing what I say. I must admit that the General is not guilty of the same thing as I try to engage him and he just ignores my posts, even when I challenge him.

Pioneer..in your own venacular,.."You ain't all that."

You need to calm down.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Shrink/General:

Why do you allow dirty to stalk me in this forum and continuously attack me, the poster, instead of addressing what I post? This is a perfect example of what dirty does everyday to me and Identity and others he doesn't like in this forum. I haven't posted anything in this thread that even hints at "Bible thumping" or "know-it-all". I have posted the truth and pointed out where JJ has lied or misrepresented the truth.

Dirty doesn't address anything I post but instead just attacks me. You, Shrink, said in the "Journeyman thread" here recently that if one of your mods acted the way that journeyman did at the RX that you would remove him. Dirty's actions in this forum are just as egregious; now is the chance to practice what you preach, Shrink. Of course I have no delusions that you will do the right thing here as you, Shrink, are guilty (although to a much lesser degree) of the same thing, ie. attacking me the poster, instead of addressing what I say. I must admit that the General is not guilty of the same thing as I try to engage him and he just ignores my posts, even when I challenge him.

I'll handle the moderators here. Thanks for your opinion.

dirty

EOG Master

Shrink/General:

Do not forget Sweeite Pie.... this is the only forum you are not banned at. That is not by design. We just allow pricks like you and the others to post what they feel like.

Have a great day!!!! peckerheads like you are why I, or any mod for that matter, have a job :+waving-5

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I'll handle the moderators here. Thanks for your opinion.

Thank you, that's why I addressed my question to you and the Shrink. I know that you will handle the mods here, that was not the question. The question was...
"Why do you allow dirty to stalk me in this forum and continuously attack me, the poster, instead of addressing what I post?"
...that is not just my opinion, but as shown in this thread, it is a fact. Now I am not asking you for an immediate answer, perhaps you are waiting to talk to dirty about it, but I am asking you and/or the Shrink a question and I am saying that your reply thanking me for my opinion is not answering my question.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Do not forget Sweeite Pie.... this is the only forum you are not banned at. That is not by design. We just allow pricks like you and the others to post what they feel like.

Have a great day!!!! peckerheads like you are why I, or any mod for that matter, have a job :+waving-5

Exhibit B

Maybe he should be concentrating on putting a team on the floor that is not an embarrassment.

The General

pioneer, No, I have no need to consult with dirty prior to a response. I can handle myself w/out consulting a defendant here. I have been werkin the tougher forums and feel a little confident in my ability which of course is open & public info for all past, present and future posters such as yourself to interpret. You complain a lot and I don't hear from many others concerning such issue. Maybe I can say that the jury is hung. Maybe you have a case, but maybe the public has an entirely different opinion. Although you present Facts so does the the entire ballgame over time.

Is that immediate enough.

The General

dirty, as your council I suggest you stand down for now. Thanks.

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

hey pioneer i feel like a good debate.....lets argue about the morning sunrise. i am going with east, you get west.

:+waving-5 :+waving-5 :+waving-5 :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

pioneer, No, I have no need to consult with dirty prior to a response. I can handle myself w/out consulting a defendant here. I have been werkin the tougher forums and feel a little confident in my ability which of course is open & public info for all past, present and future posters such as yourself to interpret. You complain a lot and I don't hear from many others concerning such issue. Maybe I can say that the jury is hung. Maybe you have a case, but maybe the public has an entirely different opinion. Although you present Facts so does the the entire ballgame over time.

Is that immediate enough.

Was that meant to be a question? If so, yes, it is immediate enough, but the only problem is not only does it not answer my question, it doesn't even address it. You are not obligated to answer or even address my question, but don't post some garbage like this and then pretend that it is an answer.
"Maybe I have a case"? Duh....can you read? Look at this thread; what does dirty add to the discussion other than to attack me, the poster?

The Devil

EOG Master

IF DOLAN HAS ANY BRAINS...WIN OR LOSE THE LAWSUIT....HE DUMPS ISSIAH AND MARBURY.......

It just gets better.

Thomas makes an incredibly stupid assertion which he has now spent two days trying to tap dance around.

I whack it because it was a stupid thing to say, and because that is just what I do.

Poster "Pioneer" whacks me in defense of Thomas with some sort of inglorious, "Well that's not really what he said/meant."

Nah, of course not. LOL.

I'm crazy for getting involved. If our Negroes want to call their women "bitches" and draw some false racial distinction in the usage of language between blacks and whites, I shouldn't care.

We just have to sigh and move on.

There are too many other stupid statements to get to before I sleep. I have miles to go. (Very Robert Frost, don't you think?)

Last edited:

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

I whack it because it was a stupid thing to say, and because that is just what I do.

Poster "Pioneer" whacks me in defense of Thomas with some sort of inglorious, "Well that's not really what he said/meant."

I have never defended Thomas; I actually agree with you in that I believe what Thomas said was stupid and indefensible. You did not originally post what Thomas said, but rather what you thought Thomas had said. You were wrong; I proved you were wrong; you are unrepentant and unapologetic...gee, what a surprise!

I am highly critical of Isaiah Thomas. He was a great player, but every GM, Coaching or other front office position (see CBA crash and burn) that he has had, has been a disaster. How this guy keeps getting jobs is beyond my comprehension. And this illustrious comment here just adds to it.

:whatever:

:+signs8-3

Hacksaw

EOG Member

Isaiah was a great NBA player. On the flip side he is a terrible NBA executive, terrible role model to young players, terrible representative of the league, and should be given his pink slip for this comment. He is paid too much money to not make these kinds of statements and even if this comment slips out it has the power to cause the NBA money in terms of fan approval which the NBA is dependent upon.

This isn't the first time Isaiah has been stupid enough to get into making rash race related statements that are thoughtless.

Hacksaw

EOG Member

Knicks might want to settle this case fast because its going to cost them more in the long run with Isaiah's brainless statements to the media.

I have never defended Thomas; I actually agree with you in that I believe what Thomas said was stupid and indefensible. You did not originally post what Thomas said, but rather what you thought Thomas had said. You were wrong; I proved you were wrong; you are unrepentant and unapologetic...gee, what a surprise!

Pioneer,, you are trying so hard to win this one, but really, you are not in the same league. But I'll step down in class if you want to keep playing.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

Pioneer,, you are trying so hard to win this one, but really, you are not in the same league. But I'll step down in class if you want to keep playing.

LOL....you have no chance against me in a battle of wits. Now you're resorting to the mofome defense, ie. declare yourself the winner, over and over and over...ad infinitum

mofome

Banned

LOL....you have no chance against me in a battle of wits. Now you're resorting to the mofome defense, ie. declare yourself the winner, over and over and over...ad infinitum

are you kidding me? look up our first argument, by the end, you were arguing against things you had said just 10 minutes before. you use too many words, the more you use, the easier it is to show how full of shit you are. you're a joke in a debate.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

i want to know who posted a horse and if the f/n things still runen