OT - Would you rather live in California or Florida?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: OT - Would you rather live in California or Florida?

Lived in Both. California is better.

Don't get me wrong, i love Florida, i just like Cali better. Here's why

1) No rain
2) Hotter chicks
3) driving distance to vegas
4) the weather
5) more to do

The problem w Florida (south florida) is that there are too many transplanted northeasterners. Lots of 'attitude' from Pennsylvania, NY, NJ and of course, Mass. Its like you get the attitude of the northeast without the crappy weather. Also, if you are a white guy like i am, you are a minority down there. You look around and think the white man is bordering on extinct.

Its not like there are 'nice floridians' very few people are actually 'from' florida. In California, you have a decent amount of people who are actually californians.

I didn't like the rain in Florida, i'm not a 'rain fan'.

One thing i did love about Florida is that in January, its warm. In California in Jan, its cold. So, if you love warm temps, Florida is for you.

Lived in Both. California is better.

Don't get me wrong, i love Florida, i just like Cali better. Here's why

1) No rain
2) Hotter chicks
3) driving distance to vegas
4) the weather
5) more to do

The problem w Florida (south florida) is that there are too many transplanted northeasterners. Lots of 'attitude' from Pennsylvania, NY, NJ and of course, Mass. Its like you get the attitude of the northeast without the crappy weather. Also, if you are a white guy like i am, you are a minority down there. You look around and think the white man is bordering on extinct.

Its not like there are 'nice floridians' very few people are actually 'from' florida. In California, you have a decent amount of people who are actually californians.

I didn't like the rain in Florida, i'm not a 'rain fan'.

One thing i did love about Florida is that in January, its warm. In California in Jan, its cold. So, if you love warm temps, Florida is for you.
I live is S. florida and agree!:cheers

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

I prefer Florida & our hurricanes which at least give us a warning.

You guys can have those earthquakes, etc which catch you by surprise....,:D

As for the rain, it's South Florida that gets so much rain.

I would also disagree with there being "hotter" girls in Cali.

There may be more who venture there from out of state who add to the stock, which are looking for a future or career in hoping their looks get them somewhere, but let me take you to certain parts of Florida for a night or two, starting with Orlando, and I believe I can change your mind..... Orlando is filled with amazing Latina girls. Just ask poster-friend Yummy.....:)

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I prefer Florida & our hurricanes which at least give us a warning.

You guys can have those earthquakes, etc which catch you by surprise....,:D

As for the rain, it's South Florida that gets so much rain.

I would also disagree with there being "hotter" girls in Cali.

There may be more who venture there looking for a future or career in hoping their looks get them somewhere, but let me take you to certain parts of Florida for a night or two, starting with Orlando, and I believe I can change your mind..... Orlando is filled with amazing Latina girls. Just ask poster-friend Yummy.....:)

If you've lived in both places, you know its not close. (about the hotter girls)

Katie

EOG Master

florida is a beautiful state and is a nice place but there are far too many retirees that migrate there. i would have to choose california. it is beautiful and varied.

janus

EOG Dedicated

lets not forget the bug problem infesting our national phallus.

(no, not the wicked case of crabs dirty picked up in panama, the other one.)

This is a no brainer for me, being Jewish and all...

Up til age 65 (If I can make it to where the Devil is now)--> California

Age 65 and older--> Florida!!!!

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

I have lived in the greatest state in the union almost all my life and even though it takes a ton of crap about earthquakes and traffic - the state on the BEST Coast rules

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

I can't the humidity in Florida. The only thing I think Florida has over SoCal is the warmer ocean where you can swim all year round. In CA> you are lucky if the ocean temp gets to 70 degrees in the summer.

As far as people go, I'll take that NE attitude over any California people. Your friends back east are real friends and stick by you forever.

ID, Miami is just like LA plus nasty humidity. I couldn't believe how much I could hate a place in just 6 days there last summer. Wife had a job down there to do and I figured why not tag along. Wow that traffic and the people are straight out of the LA playbook. Just substitute Cubans for Mexicans and you will be amazed how similar they are.

Personally I have never lived in Florida, just CA for many years. I can't stand LA or the OC, not too fond of the Bay, Sactown is actually not so bad, and San Diego is the greatest place in the world...if don't mind getting shit on when it comes to paycheck time and can still afford the rent.

Rxx

EOG Veteran

as a resident of the california wine country, you couldnt pay me to live in Florida. The bugs and humidity alone arent worth it. I use an air conditioner maybe, 30 days a year and ride a bike to work a couple days a week. Strong earthquakes are far less frequent than florida's tornados and hurricanes. I have only felt 2 since moving here in 1989 and neither caused any damage. I do carry the insurance, though.
If i were younger and wanting to buy my first house, i might have a different opinion, but not likely.

I've never been to Caly, but I have been out west. I don't like the desert! Unless we're in Vegas. SOCAL looks nice thou!

I have been to Florida and I love it!! Plus I am an East Coast Cat, so I'll say Florida!! Plus it's close to all of the islands!! NICE!!!

That being said I think Virginia is one of the prettiest states in the union. BEAUTIFUL PLACE!! MAY'N!!:+excited-

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

O.J. now lives in FL

all the reason there is to NOT live in FL

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

You are really comparing California to South Florida - have you seen the white trash that lives in northern Florida? Regarding South Florida and California - either.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

OJ lives in fla because they are the best state as far as protecting assets are concerned..thats the only reason he's there.

Whoson1st

EOG Dedicated

I think all BIG Eastern cities have that NE attitude. From what I have seen. Never been to Calif. but Florida is kinda of NJ-NY -Conn.....relocated if you are in a large city!
Good and bad folks in each place.

let's see

Florida - rednecks

California - Bikini Babes

easy choice