Week 4 Survivor Suicide Pool Discussions and Picks

Another week is upon us fellas, not much carnage in Week 3, you can really separate the haves from the have-nots now.

If you still have these teams available to pick, you would have to give them some serious thoughts

San Diego at home against Kansas City: I know this is a divisional matchup but K.C. is piss-poor away from Arrowhead and you can't count on LJ against these Chargers front 7.

Dallas at home against St. Louis: A non-divisional matchup, Rams is my team but I can't back this soft squad at any price, also Steve Jack is out this week

Miami is an intriguing pick although I don't know if we should count on these under-achievers in once-and-done Pools. Oakland is playing the early time slot though and you know the Fish is hungry for a win.

Thoughts fellas ?

Re: Week 4 Survivor Suicide Pool Discussions and Picks

I will likely go with Dallas this week.

So far I've had:
Week 1 - Seattle (W)
Week 2 - Denver (W) (Whew!)
Week 3 - Baltimore (W) (Another whew!)

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

On first blush how about HOU over ATL. I agree about SD and how about INDY. For a stretch pick, throw in OAK or the Jets.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Last week I chose PIT. Was thinking about CAR or OAK but didn't have the cajones to do it. Frankly I don't think my heart can handle it!

Rxx

EOG Veteran

i wouldnt play Houston on the road yet and i wont be surprised if Oakland beats Miami. They are not as bad as they were last year.

I'll be on the cowgirls.

'EERfan

EOG Enthusiast

I just started to look at the matchups for this week. And you have 2 listed that I am considering. Dallas and Miami.

I have used
Houston
Balt
JETS

I think I want a week with less sweating so am leaning stronger towards Dallas.

I look at suicide/survivor/knockout pools as kind of like playing 8-ball. You have to string together a run of shots - not just make one. So sometimes you have to leave the easy shot and take a more challenging one. But sometimes you have to give yourself that break every few weeks and take the shot with an easier chance. Maybe this is one of those weeks.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

so far i have used

Seattle
Baltimore
Pittsburgh

this week looking at

San Diego
Dallass
Carolina

i realllllllllly wanna go with Carolina of the bunch and probably will

mofome

Banned

do people ever map out their picks before the season even starts?

:+clueless

so far i have used

Seattle
Baltimore
Pittsburgh

this week looking at

San Diego
Dallass
Carolina

i realllllllllly wanna go with Carolina of the bunch and probably will

Carolina might not be a bad choice.

My lean is still to use Dallas right now but I'm starting to look at other options since they will be used by so many people.

mofome

Banned

Carolina might not be a bad choice.

My lean is still to use Dallas right now but I'm starting to look at other options since they will be used by so many people.

how could you pick car with carr at QB?

how could you pick car with carr at QB?

It's tough if he'll have to start but you have to figure his supporting cast is better than what he had to work with in Houston. And I'd say it's more of an anti-Bucs play than really being a pro-Carolina play. Bucs playing a tough road game after two wins in a row at home.

Has anyone considered using Indy this week? I seem to be leaning more to them now. I'd rather avoid using San Diego or Dallas since a lot of other people will. And besides next week's game against the Bucs, I can't picture wanting to use Indy for a while after that given the schedule.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

do people ever map out their picks before the season even starts?

YES

do it all the time and you really have to do that because every season there are usually a few BRUTAL weeks where looking ahead to it you see almost no "locks" (not that any game is a LOCK) except for maybe 1 or 2 and so you have to "save" a team for that week

looking ahead a few weeks - i GUARANTEE all here Week 9 is gonna be Armageddon and the week that wipes out a LARGE number of all pools

good luck picking the "easy" game this week - keeping in mind the teams most people will have used by then. pick the game you like a lot - and good luck doing that. RIGHT NOW i am "saving" SD (over Minny) but that is no lock and i need to see SD "step it up" some before this pick gets finalized

Week 9

<TABLE class="standard_table w720px" cellSpacing=1><TBODY><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'"><TD>CIN @ BUF </TD><TD>1:00 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>CBS</TD><TD>709</TD><TD></TD><TD>146</TD><TD>119</TD><TD></TD><TR class=darker_row onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'"><TD>SF @ ATL </TD><TD>1:00 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>FOX</TD><TD>704</TD><TD></TD><TD>152</TD><TD>114</TD><TD></TD><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'"><TD>DEN @ DET </TD><TD>1:00 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>CBS</TD><TD>710</TD><TD></TD><TD>105</TD><TD>121</TD><TD></TD><TR class=darker_row onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'"><TD>GB @ KC </TD><TD>1:00 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>FOX</TD><TD>706</TD><TD></TD><TD>110</TD><TD>143</TD><TD></TD><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'"><TD>SD @ MIN </TD><TD>1:00 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>CBS</TD><TD>711</TD><TD></TD><TD>126</TD><TD>122</TD><TD></TD><TR class=darker_row onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'"><TD>JAC @ NO </TD><TD>1:00 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>CBS</TD><TD>712</TD><TD></TD><TD>181</TD><TD>130</TD><TD></TD><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'"><TD>WAS @ NYJ </TD><TD>1:00 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>FOX</TD><TD>707</TD><TD></TD><TD>118</TD><TD>153</TD><TD></TD><TR class=darker_row onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'"><TD>CAR @ TEN </TD><TD>1:00 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>FOX</TD><TD>708</TD><TD></TD><TD></TD><TD>107</TD><TD></TD><TR onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'"><TD>ARI @ TB </TD><TD>1:00 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>FOX</TD><TD>705</TD><TD></TD><TD>123</TD><TD>125</TD><TD></TD><TR class=darker_row onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'"><TD>SEA @ CLE </TD><TD>4:05 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>FOX</TD><TD>713</TD><TD></TD><TD>126</TD><TD>125</TD><TD></TD><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'"><TD>HOU @ OAK </TD><TD>4:15 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>CBS</TD><TD>715</TD><TD></TD><TD>121</TD><TD>119</TD><TD></TD><TR class=darker_row onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'darker_row'"><TD>NE @ IND </TD><TD>4:15 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>CBS</TD><TD>714</TD><TD></TD><TD>123</TD><TD>122</TD><TD></TD><TR onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'"><TD>DAL @ PHI </TD><TD>8:15 PM </TD><TD>Tickets</TD><TD>NBC</TD><TD></TD><TD>83</TD><TD>126</TD><TD>122</TD><TD>Radio </TD><TR><TH colSpan=4></TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=2>DIRECTV</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center" colSpan=2>SIRIUS</TH><TH></TH></TR><TR><TH style="WIDTH: 15%; TEXT-ALIGN: center">Monday, November 05</TH><TH style="WIDTH: 10%; TEXT-ALIGN: center">Time (EST)</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Tickets</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Network</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Channel</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">HD Channel</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Home</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Away</TH><TH style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Westwood One</TH></TR><TR class=white_back onmouseover="this.className = 'over'" onmouseout="this.className = 'white_back'"><TD>BAL @ PIT </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Winky - wouldn't you rather have CINCY there against a brutal Buffalo team? How about the Pack over the Chiefs? Finally SEA over CLE.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Winky - wouldn't you rather have CINCY there against a brutal Buffalo team? How about the Pack over the Chiefs? Finally SEA over CLE.

took Seat in week 1 - so that is out
KC can play defense - as can GB - and KC is still VERY tough at home
Cincy is worthy of consideration except they play SD the next week - slight look ahead and Cincy plays NO defense as we saw when they gave up 51 to Cleve 2 weeks ago

Hate to preach and re-hash the same old tired cliche but *One week at a time* boys

What some people may not realize is there are some pools that allow you to *sell* your entries, the so-called trading markets. I am personally in 2 of those Pools for this year and I will weight my options when the time arises.

Say I survive until Week 8 and having taken a look at Week 9 schedule and I decide to take my money and run, I have no doubts I could fetch some good dough for my entries, trust me and you, I have seen this first-hand the past couple of seasons. People don't realize how popular this type of Pools is until you actually see the money changing hands, it appeals to both the casual office pool kind of guys as well as the seasoned gamblers.

Morale of this long-winded post ? Take the best team on the board this week and worry what may come next week

My $0.02

ktb

I'm taking a mix of Chargers and Cowboys in all my pools. I have to agree about taking the best play on the board... it's a long way to week 9 and the armageddon can happen a lot earlier than that. I try not to outthink myself in these kind of pools when there's still half the entries remaining.

Week 1 Seattle
Week 2 Pittsburgh
Week 3 New England

Week 4?
San Diego :p

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

My pool started with 49 - has 31 left

14 Cowgirls
10 Chargers
5 Colts
1 Jets
1 Panthers (ME!)

Rxx

EOG Veteran

WD- sorry to see you dropped out this week. you are right about the week 9 difficulty. while it violates one of your rules, if Pitt is available, i would probably use them that week.

Next week is going to be very interesting. early lines have Dallas -10 @ Buff and Tenn -9 at home v Atl. Neither interest me yet. I will probably be playing Buff +10.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

In my pool starting with 822 this week, I took Dallas myself. Mrs Nonewbieca took SD. After this week (so far) 428 were out on SD (290), PIT (15), NYJ (12) and MIA (17). It was carnage week in NFL and college. We now have 360 left after tonight. $100,000 prize.

It's complete carnage this weekend fellas

Let's just say that I was in 9 Survivor Pools for this season and I am out in 6

Still got 3 to play for something so not all is lost but it was ugly

Newbie, I am in your pool as well, i see some dudes selling tickets for a few brownies already. I am not interested in getting back in so I wish you all the best of luck...it must be real nice getting a hand on that prize or at least a portion of it if it does come down to splitting the pot

I'll have Week 5 thread up tomorrow.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Thanks canabiz - guys always over-inflate the value of their tickets in the resale market. 10 years ago I won $3800 in this pool. Haven't won a lick since...I hope to at least get to double digits in weeks. Last year I lost when the Steelers lost to Oakland (ugh!) had an $800 offer for the ticket earlier that week...D'OH!