Sorry to disrupt the gossip with this Yankees VS Sabathia info

I see a lot of people, including pundits on TV talking about Yankees success against Cleveland and Sabathia.. what everyone is failing to realize when they quote Sabathia's 7+ ERA vs. NYY is that he has not faced the Yankees in THREE YEARS. Also, the current yankees, who he last faced in 2004, (Damon, Jeter, Matsui, A-Rod) were a combined 2 for 14 against him that year. I will also go out on a limb and say C.C. has progressed and is a much better pitcher than he was in 2004.

In conclusion, thank you for getting me + money on CC at home.

sl55

EOG Veteran
Re: Sorry to disrupt the gossip with this Yankees VS Sabathia info

Yanks win
bad post

August West

Rambler

The question is, will we get a better price on the Tribe now, or closer to gametime when all the homers bet the spankees?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

all regular season stats go out the window. In the playoffs, all bets are off. ERA SCHMEE-R-A it don't matter. All that matters is who rises up and performs on the big stage. And, at this point, no one has any idea who that might be.

mofome

Banned

i have an idea that it might not be arod. hes proven as much.

:thumbsup

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Welcome to EOG Arthur, youre off to a great start, I nominate this title as title of the year.

Ban him for posting a gambling related thread. I like Cleveland. Young, talented team. I expect them to play loose.

For what it's worth,I'd expect late $ to be on Yankees.

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

anybody laying chalk against cc or fausto at home needs to re-think betting bases....IMHO....of course im being a MAJOR homer with that statement....lol GOOOOOOOOOOO tribe:houra

Bucsfan67

EOG Master

i think the yanks win too, but its still a good post..:thumbsup

Win or lose no matter how you look at it the Yanks being favored is a crazy number. Lay enough bad bets and you have no chance of being a winner. This game you have to either lay off or take the Tribe.

Junior

EOG Veteran

all regular season stats go out the window. In the playoffs, all bets are off. ERA SCHMEE-R-A it don't matter. All that matters is who rises up and performs on the big stage. And, at this point, no one has any idea who that might be.

One stat you better NOT throw out any window, regular season or not is the fact the YANKEES were destroyed by LEFT HANDED PITCHERS ON THE ROAD THIS SEASON. Add in the fact that CC Sabathia is as good if not better than any other left handed pitcher that beat the Yankees on the road. Add the fact its post season and the Yankees face Clevelands left handed ACE in game one, throw out the Yankees record against the Indians in this one cause the Yanks may win the series but in game #1 MY money is on the left handed guy facing the Yankees. GO CLEVELAND!

Yanks win
bad post

Indians win..bad post. sorry buddy, but he who laughs last laughs best. It wasn't CC's best game, thats for sure.. but he did a great job in the 5th holding NYY to 1. If NYY takes the lead and grabs the momentum, theres a good chance they go on to win and that bottom of the 5th never plays out the way it did. but who knows, im just glad to be on the right side tonight.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Indians win..bad post. sorry buddy, but he who laughs last laughs best. It wasn't CC's best game, thats for sure.. but he did a great job in the 5th holding NYY to 1. If NYY takes the lead and grabs the momentum, theres a good chance they go on to win and that bottom of the 5th never plays out the way it did. but who knows, im just glad to be on the right side tonight.

Not trying to change the subject but I appreciated what you said and wanted to acknowledge it.

mofome

Banned

if posada had been more patient, we see a different game. ty jorge

:cheers

Journeyman

EOG Master

if posada had been more patient, we see a different game. ty jorge

:cheers

that was a pivotal AB , he was ahead in the count too...he usually has an excellent eye, a little impatient cost him there.

mofome

Banned

that was a pivotal AB , he was ahead in the count too...he usually has an excellent eye, a little impatient cost him there.

he was 3-0 and swung. then swung at ball 4 on 3-1. terrible AB from a great player. awful AB.

Journeyman

EOG Master

WOW, I didn't realize it was 3-0, I was watching and typing... even worse, much worse.

mofome

Banned

WOW, I didn't realize it was 3-0, I was watching and typing... even worse, much worse.

yeah, i couldnt believe i saw him up there hacking on 3-0 with the bases chucked. goes against everything the yanks preached coming in.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Yanks had a lot of LOB, they were very close to breaking that game open at least two seperate times. Matsui's weak AB's hurt NYY there. Maybe Duncan should have started as DH, things may have been different. Also, starting Wang as the game 1 starter is now, questionable. Wang is a much better pitcher at home. You go Pettitte, Clemens and then Wang in game 3 at home. I believe NYY did 'protect' Wang in previous years by starting him at home. This might have been a fatal decision to start Wang in game 1.

mofome

Banned

Yanks had a lot of LOB, they were very close to breaking that game open at least two seperate times. Matsui's weak AB's hurt NYY there. Maybe Duncan should have started as DH, things may have been different. Also, starting Wang as the game 1 starter is now, questionable. Wang is a much better pitcher at home. You go Pettitte, Clemens and then Wang in game 3 at home. I believe NYY did 'protect' Wang in previous years by starting him at home. This might have been a fatal decision to start Wang in game 1.

what about the fact that clemens isnt healthy? they protected wang in previous years? how many years do you think wang has made post season starts? 9?

Journeyman

EOG Master

yeah, i couldnt believe i saw him up there hacking on 3-0 with the bases chucked. goes against everything the yanks preached coming in.

I thought it was 1st and 2nd but I was half occupied on the thread.... damn if it was bases jacked that is even more retarded.

Journeyman

EOG Master

That wasn't a typoical Yankees sleep walk in game 1 of the playoffs though, that was a wax job !

Andy has always answered the bell off a loss, so this is nothing new for him.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

I thought it was 1st and 2nd but I was half occupied on the thread.... damn if it was bases jacked that is even more retarded.

It was bases jacked. If you 'stand there for 3' what are the odds all 3 pitches will be strikes? Not too good.

mofome

Banned

here ya go...im sure you're familiar with sportslines formats..

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg3 id=batter vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=right width="20%">Bobby Abreu:</TD><TD class=bg2 align=left width=width>Abreu doubled to left, Duncan scored, Damon to third.</TD></TR><TR class=bg2 id=batter vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=right width="20%">Alex Rodriguez:</TD><TD class=bg2 align=left width=width>Intentional ball, Intentional ball, Intentional ball, Rodriguez intentionally walked.</TD></TR><TR class=bg3 id=batter vAlign=center align=right height=17><TD class=bg2 align=right width="20%">Jorge Posada:</TD><TD class=bg2 align=left width=width>Ball, Ball, Ball, Foul, Strike swinging, Foul, Posada struck out swinging.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

-3-0 count labeled there.
-men on base labeled in red.

following the abreu, run scoring, double, the yanks had damon on 3rd and abreu at 2nd. they walked arod to get to posada. you see the pitch sequence and what happened. those are swinging strikes following a 3-0 count, with 1 down, and the bases juiced. unreal.

:doh1