Attn Choptalk!!!!

Journeyman

EOG Master
Just saw your thread wondering if you should pay me the $500 you are going to owe me....I will answer it for you...NO don't pay me buddy.

I lost my job and I have made arraingments to square with the guy I owe and he is fine with it...I am hardly stiffing anyone I owe!

I have been offered money from a few posters since this all broke and have declined...I have given money away on several occasions to posters.

...I am not going anywhere and I will redeem myself...I don't want your $500 bucks though, either way.

You are officially off that hook....good luck !

Re: Attn Choptalk!!!!

How seriously was this guy taken internally at the X?

Were his meltdowns a source of humor?

Was he counted on to be the savior of the baseball forum when Bucs left?

Journey, i'm glad you worked out arrangements to pay as it's never fun being the victim of a stiff. Books will tell you there is a huge difference between slow pay and no pay, though you've always looked at issues from a players point of view i think you can now understand what could happen to a book as well. I would hope you as well as he would do us a favor and let us know when the figure is taken care of. The wager made with Choptalk has nothing to do with your other issues and it's a mistake to let him off the hook imo, if he wins pay him if he losses collect. I'm glad to see you are coping with issues we've all dealt with at one time or another, the shoes you walk in today are well worn by most if not everyone here. It's never easy admitting to uncomfortable things that we've done and i respect the fact that you've "manned" up to yours and intend on taking care of your business

Journeyman

EOG Master

It was never mentioned...I have no beef with him and understand his post.

I don't need his $500 or want it....I made a mistake, I am human and I will fix it. Taking his $500 means nothing to me in the big picture...Losing a 30K job though for giving nothing but 110% every single day for five years that is a different story and something I am dealing with on my own...it is a very difficult loss.

It is a total slap in the face though that they won't even acknowledge what I was being paid at to save face with the others...I worked there for 5 years , longer than ANYONE at the company, even the owner!

It was never mentioned...I have no beef with him and understand his post.

I don't need his $500 or want it....I made a mistake, I am human and I will fix it. Taking his $500 means nothing to me in the big picture...Losing a 30K job though for giving nothing but 110% every single day for five years that is a different story and something I am dealing with on my own...it is a very difficult loss.
OK Journeyman...

Back to my questions though,

How seriously was CHOPTALK taken internally at the X?

AND, did the mods not think his "act" was humorous ala ACE?

BEANTOWNJIM

Banned

JOURNEYMAN YOU F-CKING LOSER YOU CAN GO OUT AND GET A JOB AT MCDONALDS AND MAKE 30 GRAND AND NOT HAVE TO WORK AS MANY HOURS.WHY THE F-CK ARE YOU SO CAUGHT UP IN THIS RX JOB.JESUS CHRIST JOURNEYMAN 30 GRAND IS POVERTY BY TODAYS MARKET.GET THE F-CK OUT AND FIND A REAL JOB YOU LAZY BASTARD.

JOURNEYMAN YOU F-CKING LOSER YOU CAN GO OUT AND GET A JOB AT MCDONALDS AND MAKE 30 GRAND AND NOT HAVE TO WORK AS MANY HOURS.WHY THE F-CK ARE YOU SO CAUGHT UP IN THIS RX JOB.JESUS CHRIST JOURNEYMAN 30 GRAND IS POVERTY BY TODAYS MARKET.GET THE F-CK OUT AND FIND A REAL JOB YOU LAZY BASTARD.

Nice to see how encouraging you can be...

I had almost forgotten what it must be like to be BeantownJim...

Journeyman

EOG Master

Journey, i'm glad you worked out arrangements to pay as it's never fun being the victim of a stiff. Books will tell you there is a huge difference between slow pay and no pay, though you've always looked at issues from a players point of view i think you can now understand what could happen to a book as well. I would hope you as well as he would do us a favor and let us know when the figure is taken care of. The wager made with Choptalk has nothing to do with your other issues and it's a mistake to let him off the hook imo, if he wins pay him if he losses collect. I'm glad to see you are coping with issues we've all dealt with at one time or another, the shoes you walk in today are well worn by most if not everyone here. It's never easy admitting to uncomfortable things that we've done and i respect the fact that you've "manned" up to yours and intend on taking care of your business

Thanks for having your own mind and speaking up...you were always very fair and I understand where you're coming from..I have received support off the forum some guys and I appreciate those as well.

I am giving him a free pass (if he wants it) he has next to no chance of winning the bet. I'm not looking for crumbs either, some guys have offered to throw a few bucks my way, which is a great gesture.

The decision is costing me in the short run but will pay off in the long run, I am certain of that....I could have milked it thru January and taken the 4 months worth (10 dimes) of pay...I know some will think I was crazy to pass up the free money but you guys don't know what I was dealing with daily.

Journeyman

EOG Master

OK Journeyman...

Back to my questions though,

How seriously was CHOPTALK taken internally at the X?

AND, did the mods not think his "act" was humorous ala ACE?

Well I thought I answered it, he was never a factor either way...he is a character who talks big on his home teams and people love to attack those types, even if it is just bustin balls....if you own a forum you want guys like Chop , he gets people posting!

Journeyman

EOG Master

Clear? that you can work around your regular job? :doh1 You are right though I was working way too many hours, I wasn't in a bad position though and for a long time it fit well.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Rx is still expoiting my name, leaving a thread about me in the offshore to get 2000 views lol...I'd love to see the money I generated for them compared to every other mod there.

5 years ago there were no season long contests, no tracker forum, no bracket contests, my stamps are all over that place....the good outweighs the bad 99-1.

fucnluc

EOG Member

Journeyman, who the fuck is arguing that you weren't a good poster or a mod?

This is like the 100th time you've brought this shit up and you sound like you get yourself a hard on everytime you post it. All the moderators have said you were a good poster and mod.

The issues of deleteing posts and other shit only came up after you ratted everyone out in a schizophrenic meltdown. Which was really sad and hilarious, btw.

And for what it's worth a retarded monkey could be a good moderator on a forum. You got paid to copy headlines from Yahoo sports and shit and answer the same questions over and over again.

Timetopay

EOG Master

Journeyman, who the fuck is arguing that you weren't a good poster or a mod?

This is like the 100th time you've brought this shit up and you sound like you get yourself a hard on everytime you post it. All the moderators have said you were a good poster and mod.

The issues of deleteing posts and other shit only came up after you ratted everyone out in a schizophrenic meltdown. Which was really sad and hilarious, btw.

And for what it's worth a retarded monkey could be a good moderator on a forum. You got paid to copy headlines from Yahoo sports and shit and answer the same questions over and over again.

Yankees suck

Other than that pretty much agree. Thats why to have a breakdown making 30k doing what you were doing is pretty bad. Imagine teachers in florida are making 30k and have to deal with 30 12 year olds all day...

SSI

EOG Dedicated

Journey, sorry about your ordeal...... ive always enjoyed our brief conversations, wish you the best........

who was viewed as real winning cappers there and not bser's........

PO69

EOG Master

Letting him off the hook is the WRONG thing to do! It sets a real bad precedent in my opinion kif you dont pay

SSI

EOG Dedicated

ive been in this business 21 years..... do the right thing............ pay your debt to cigarman (payments are fine) and also collect your debt from choptalk.. this shouldnt be a ploy to look good in others eyes..... just do the right thing.

a wise man once said "Son, you can never go wrong, if you do right"..

Journeyman

EOG Master

Yankees suck

Other than that pretty much agree. Thats why to have a breakdown making 30k doing what you were doing is pretty bad. Imagine teachers in florida are making 30k and have to deal with 30 12 year olds all day...

I guess you guys aren't reading all of what I am saying ...you think I would have complained about thew job had I been treated anywhere near fair? how many times do i have to post what went down this past year before it sinks in? anyway this isn't about that , this is about Chop.

I'm not asking anyone to feel sorry for me...people asked tough questions and I answered them....I was lied to, whether you understand that or not I don't care.

Journeyman

EOG Master

By yours, or better yet, the other mods.

personally if I had to follow anyone there-

Spreadbeater NBA
T. Newspaper MLB
Hansen Bros NFL
Skinsraj seems pretty solid across the board IMO
Coach LT and Okl. Sooner in CFB

I am not sure what the other mods thought.

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

Just saw your thread wondering if you should pay me the $500 you are going to owe me....I will answer it for you...NO don't pay me buddy.

I lost my job and I have made arraingments to square with the guy I owe and he is fine with it...I am hardly stiffing anyone I owe!

I have been offered money from a few posters since this all broke and have declined...I have given money away on several occasions to posters.

...I am not going anywhere and I will redeem myself...I don't want your $500 bucks though, either way.

You are officially off that hook....good luck !

Not so.

I was just throwing that around. Until you stiff me, I have no reason to believe that I would be stiffed.

BUT IF I AGREE TO PAY, you must post in this thread tonight that you will pay me if I win.

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

one bad season and im remembered for that.

the 3 good seasons are meaningless. The only one that counts was the one bad one.

Journeyman

EOG Master

Not so.

I was just throwing that around. Until you stiff me, I have no reason to believe that I would be stiffed.

BUT IF I AGREE TO PAY, you must post in this thread tonight that you will pay me if I win.

Chop everything is cool ...I am not terying to get out of our bet...IMO you have very little chance to win , but then again look what the Mets did...I wasn't expecting to collect the Mets money even and had already decided if they would have won last weekend I was not going to take it...I LEFT A LOT OF MONEY ON THE TABLE WHEN I WALKED AWAY.

I would rather just drop the bet unless you insist on paying and if you insist on it, I will give the money away...or you can donate it.

I am sorry you have doubts Chop, and I understand.

1. what's the bet
2. J-Man if i like it i'll split the winnings and I'll pay Chop the nickel if we lose
3. Jimmy Hoffa is right 10 times more than he is ever wrong.
4. I'm going to eat and catch a movie, i'll check back so let me know.

posted at the same time J-Man, let me know ok?

Last edited:

Journeyman

EOG Master

one bad season and im remembered for that.

the 3 good seasons are meaningless. The only one that counts was the one bad one.

Human nature, people will remember the bad , even when the good outweighs the bad by far.

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

I like the attitude change vs the other thread.

I was more disapointed in your attitude on your last thread than what you may or may not have done.

Never throw fellow workmates under the bus like that.

At least you have realized the error in your ways. Glad to see you are coming correct.

Journeyman

EOG Master

1. what's the bet
2. J-Man if i like it i'll split the winnings and I'll pay Chop the nickel if we lose
3. Jimmy Hoffa is right 10 times more than he is ever wrong.
4. I'm going to eat and catch a movie, i'll check back so let me know.

posted at the same time J-Man, let me know ok?

that is fine too...the bet is almost certain to win, even more than the MEts bet was two weeks ago:+clueless

I'm not trying to seem like a jerk here I would rather not collect the money at this time, and I am certainly not trying to get out of it...he has about a 10% chance of winning if that...I think he would even agree with that.

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

To even CONSIDER not paying a bet says a lot about you Chop, none of it good.

Hey fuckface.

I have paid internet strangers over $3000 bucks at therx in the last 3 years. im 100% in the payout department.

The list of people I have paid bets to on the internet is a long list.

One of those people is JOURNEYMAN himself. I paid JOURNEY $500 cash last season.

AND By the fucking way! This bet is still pending!!!!! I could win this damm bet!. All I was doing is making sure that we are straight.

For you to make assumptions about someones character without knowing a fucking thing about me says alot about you, and none of it good.

CHOPTALK

EOG Veteran

Oh, I thought you used to say 8! :+signs15-

You were amusment for me and many others, thank you. One should never consider not paying a bet, that is weak beyond belief.

If 3 out of 4 winnings years documented at the forum is amusment to you, God bless.

I can only think of 1 or 2 baseball cappers on any forum who has had a better run than me the last 4 seasons.

Hey fuckface.

I have paid internet strangers over $3000 bucks at therx in the last 3 years. im 100% in the payout department.For you to make assumptions about someones character without knowing a fucking thing about me says alot about you, and none of it good.
1. You can address me as Mr. Fuckface if you must, thank you.

2. Losing over $3000.00 on internet forum bets is really nothing to be proud of. Paying it is an expectation, nothing to pat yourself on the back about.

3. I know quite a bit about you son, none of it good.