Ken....... Anyone......... I NEED SOME ADVICE. PLEASE....................

I had formed an online raffle before the good ole USA passed their silly laws. The company was formed in CR and I have a great attorney there that has advised me not to go forward with it if i wanted to continue living in America. I must live here for at least 5 more years and jail is not an option. We started off looking at doing the merchant banking in CR but learned very soon that was a bad idea. I have the guys that handle PokerStars credit cards on my team.

My attorney is telling me now that I can place the company in London do the banking there as long as I do not take any business from America I will be OK. Raffles are huge in most of the world and studies show they will be even bigger soon. The banks are loving the concept and are on go. BUT. Nothing is worth a ten by ten room with no Whisky and no women.

ADVICE. PLEASE.

Legal advice?

Banking advice?

Do you think people will buy?

Marketing advice?

p.s. the backend of the site, which was a bitch to finish, is up and running. please ignore the text as it's just there just to help us see what the site will look like. IT IS NOT A FINISHED PRODUCT.

ANYONE. EVERYONE. YOUR HELP IS APPRECIATED. THANKS.

Re: Ken....... Anyone......... I NEED SOME ADVICE. PLEASE....................

Legal advice? LOOKS ILLEGAL....SOUNDS ILLEGAL...BUT IM NO ATTORNEY

Banking advice?

Do you think people will buy? HELL YES! FUCKING PEOPLE LOVE TO BLOW MONEY ON SHIT LIKE THIS!!!:cheers

THANKS SHAWN. I AM BEING TOLD THAT IT IS NOT ILLEGAL ANYWHERE EXCEPT HERE. MY COMPANY WILL BE MOVED TO LONDON AND WE WILL NOT SALE TO ANYONE IN THE U.S.

DID YOU SEE THE SITE?

THANKS

YEAH! I SAW THE SITE......ID BE WORRIED ABOUT THE FLORIDA LOTTERY PEOPLE COMING AFTER YA!

THAT IS EASY TO CHANGE.

OH... BECAUSE WE HAVE LINKS TO SITES WHERE YOU CAN STUDY WHAT NUMBERS COME UP MORE THAN OTHERS WE ARE GETTING THE "GAME OF SKILL TAG" INSTEAD OF GAME OF LUCK/GAMBLING.

ANE WE ARE GOING WITH THE BMW 5 SERIES ONLY. THEY WILL GIE US A BETTER PRICE IF WE USE THEM ONLY.

ADVICE PLEASE.

The Devil

EOG Master

CHUCK, SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED A GUY WITH BALLS AS THE FRONT GUY......SOMEONE NOT AFRAID OF JAIL.......IF THE NUMBERS ARE WORTH MY WHILE ...........YOU CAN GET MY PHONE NUMBER FROM KEN......

Firstdown

EOG Member

This isn't one of those " Email " Based LOTTERY things, is it ??

If Not, It's True what Shawn said...People WILL try Anything to make a Buck !

I'm not a Lawyer as well, but do have a Business in CR.

London would be a good place to have it, and Yes...You need to stay away from the USA.
Not sure what your site looks like, but you can have the software in place Not to Accept anyone from the US.

This isn't one of those " Email " Based LOTTERY things, is it ??

If Not, It's True what Shawn said...People WILL try Anything to make a Buck !

I'm not a Lawyer as well, but do have a Business in CR.

London would be a good place to have it, and Yes...You need to stay away from the USA.
Not sure what your site looks like, but you can have the software in place Not to Accept anyone from the US.

THAT IS IN PLACE. I DO HAVE THE COMPANY IN CR NOW.

GO LOOK AT THE SITE AND GIVE ME SOME FEED BACK PLEASE. AGAIN THE TEXT IS JUST TEXT AND WILL ENTIRELY BE CHANGED.

WWW.GOODLIFERAFFLES.COM

THANKS

CHUCK, SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED A GUY WITH BALLS AS THE FRONT GUY......SOMEONE NOT AFRAID OF JAIL.......IF THE NUMBERS ARE WORTH MY WHILE ...........YOU CAN GET MY PHONE NUMBER FROM KEN......

YOU'RE NOT AFRAID OF JAIL?:+clueless

I AM OPEN TO HELP ON THIS FROM ANYONE BECAUSE I THINK IT'S A WINNER BUT I'M NOT INTERESTED IN ANYONE DOING TIME.

LOVE TO HAVE YOUR HELP/INPUT.

OK. LOOK AT THE SITE. PUT SOME QUESTIONS TOHGETHER AND LET'S TALK.

I KNOW WHAT MY BANKERS THINK BUT.......

DO YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL BUY THE TICKETS?

HOW MANY CAN WE SALE EACH WEEK? DO YOU THINK THE $50 WILL SALE MORE THAN THE $100 TICKET?

OH,,,,, EVERYONE WINS 2 ROUND TRIP AIR FLIGHT VOUCHERS ON THE FIRST PURCHASE AND THEY MUST SIGN FOR THE VOUCHER WHICH GIVES US THIER AUTOGRAPH WHICH CUTS WAY BACK ON THE CHARGE BACKS. I HAVE HAD MY FUN (NOT) WITH CHARGE BACKS.:(

The Devil

EOG Master

OK. LOOK AT THE SITE. PUT SOME QUESTIONS TOHGETHER AND LET'S TALK.

I KNOW WHAT MY BANKERS THINK BUT.......

DO YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL BUY THE TICKETS?

HOW MANY CAN WE SALE EACH WEEK? DO YOU THINK THE $50 WILL SALE MORE THAN THE $100 TICKET?

OH,,,,, EVERYONE WINS 2 ROUND TRIP AIR FLIGHT VOUCHERS ON THE FIRST PURCHASE AND THEY MUST SIGN FOR THE VOUCHER WHICH GIVES US THIER AUTOGRAPH WHICH CUTS WAY BACK ON THE CHARGE BACKS. I HAVE HAD MY FUN (NOT) WITH CHARGE BACKS.:(

LOOKING AT THE SITE NOW.......SEEMS ALL THE STUFF THAT HAS U.S. RAMIFICATIONS HAS TO GO.......APPLICABLE STATE TAXES...1099'S ETC.....

When you include in your post, "Jail is not an option," that's probably not a good sign.

enjoyed our conversation. look forward to putting something together.

ADVICE ANYONE????????????

Firstdown

EOG Member

ok, Just got done looking at the site.....

Like Devil said...the 1099's MUST GO....Also I guess you will have to use something else as far as WHERE you get the Winning #'s from
Can't use The Florida Pick 3....If you are going to be based in London
You might want to check out a Major Race Track and maybe use the last 3 #'s of the Handle.. ( like the Old Numbers game )

Also...YOU REALLY NEED SPELL CHECK

And....On top where is says...One YEARS free membership

Should be One Year free membership..........

Not that I am a school teacher or anything...but it Did Stand Out as the First thing I see when going to your site.

ok, Just got done looking at the site.....

Like Devil said...the 1099's MUST GO....Also I guess you will have to use something else as far as WHERE you get the Winning #'s from
Can't use The Florida Pick 3....If you are going to be based in London
You might want to check out a Major Race Track and maybe use the last 3 #'s of the Handle.. ( like the Old Numbers game )

Also...YOU REALLY NEED SPELL CHECK

And....On top where is says...One YEARS free membership

Should be One Year free membership..........

Not that I am a school teacher or anything...but it Did Stand Out as the First thing I see when going to your site.

AS I STATED IN THE INITIAL POST IN THIS THREAD.

IGNORE THE TEXT. IT'S JUST THERE FOR LOOKS. IT'S 'NOT' THE FINISHED PRODUCT. I JUST STARTED TYPING SHIT TO SEE HOW THE SITE WOULD LOOK WITH TEXT. IT WILL 'LOOK' THE SAME BUT 'ALL' OF THE TEXT WILL CHANGE. WE ARE ALSO GOING TO ONLY BE USING THE 5 SERIES BMW FOR THE $100 RAFFLE.

DO YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL BUY TICKETS?

WOULD YOU BUY TICKETS IF YOU LIVED IN CANADA?

IF WE HAD A $10 OR $25 RAFFLE WOULD THAT HELP SALES AND WHAT WOULD YOU OFFER AT THOSE PRICES?

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME.

THANKS.:smokesmal

One YEARS free membership.......... THIS IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT MY DESIGNER IS IN CR AND SPEAKS SOME ENGLISH. TRUST ME SPELL CHECK IS MY LAST WORRY.

mofome

Banned

chuck, i have a law friend that im sure would talk with you if you want. as far as the site, i like it bud.

:cheers :cheers :cheers

mofome

Banned

im not sure about that red cross banner. without an actual figure being donated, it seems more like self interest than outside. thats fine i guess...but it looks out of place there. looks manipulative.

Chuck,
Looks interesting.While its not my cup of tea (I have enough trouble picking a horse to place in a 2 horse race:hung ) i could definitely see it catching on and being a big winner for you. Good luck with it!:cheers

Hey Devil,
I got a question for ya. You are in N.Y right? I used to play with a guy (Thru the coffee truck guy at where i worked close to the Nassau/Queens border) where when i called i had to say "This is so & so for Devil"..This goes back probably 14 years or so...Is it a small world or just a coincidence?

The Devil

EOG Master

Chuck,
Looks interesting.While its not my cup of tea (I have enough trouble picking a horse to place in a 2 horse race:hung ) i could definitely see it catching on and being a big winner for you. Good luck with it!:cheers

Hey Devil,
I got a question for ya. You are in N.Y right? I used to play with a guy (Thru the coffee truck guy at where i worked close to the Nassau/Queens border) where when i called i had to say "This is so & so for Devil"..This goes back probably 14 years or so...Is it a small world or just a coincidence?

THE GUY YOU PLAYED WITH WAS PROBABLY THE ORIGINAL DEVIL "TOMMY THE DEVIL" FROM WHITESTONE, QUEENS.....KNEW HIM WELL, HE PASSED AWAY ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO........I TOOK THE NAME DEVIL STICTLY AS A POSTING NAME AND IT HAS STUCK......

im not sure about that red cross banner. without an actual figure being donated, it seems more like self interest than outside. thats fine i guess...but it looks out of place there. looks manipulative.

10% OF THE PROFIT FROM EACH RAFFLE WILL BE DONATED TO CHARITIES.

MO........ WOULD YOU BUY A TICKET/S? IF NOT, WHY?

THANKS GUYS. I REALLY NEED FEED BACK FROM EVERYONE HERE. I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS SINCE THE WEEK OF THE RX BASH WHEN I MET EVERYONE IN VEGAS. I THINK THAT WAS 3 YEARS AGO.

THANKS GUYS FOR YOU INPUT.:+excited-

manipulative ....................

IS THE LAST THING I'M LOOKING FOR. AFTER WE GET UP AND RUNNING THERE WILL BE A RUNNING TOTAL ON THE TOP OF THE SITE OF THE TOATAL AMOUNT PAID TO CHARITIES. I'M LOOKING TO MAKE MONEY OF COURSE BUT IN THE END MONEY IS JUST TO PAY BILLS AND HELP OTHERS.

chuck - in all honesty, just looks kinda shady. investing in a raffle online with people you don't know? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, i don't buy it, and i don't think others will either. but for your sake, i hope they do so you can make some serious coin! good luck!

Chuck,

Frankly, you would be a fucking idiot to ignore your attorney's advice and continue pursuing this business venture in today's climate....

Why bother hiring an attorney if you aren't going to listen to him?

THE SHRINK

THE GUY YOU PLAYED WITH WAS PROBABLY THE ORIGINAL DEVIL "TOMMY THE DEVIL" FROM WHITESTONE, QUEENS.....KNEW HIM WELL, HE PASSED AWAY ABOUT 8 YEARS AGO........I TOOK THE NAME DEVIL STICTLY AS A POSTING NAME AND IT HAS STUCK......

i have a feeling that the ole Devil knows everyone that has ever been in that area of the world.

Chuck,

Frankly, you would be a fucking idiot to ignore your attorney's advice and continue pursuing this business venture in today's climate....

THE SHRINK

Ken. AGREE. but he is telling me now that i should/can do it if i "DO NOT" sale to anyone in the states and he thinks that i can base it out of London, which is where the credit card processing company is, instead of CR. well actually the compnay will be located in 3 countries (CR, Panama,EU) as additional safety. you know.

thanks. i respect you, need your advice, and thank you.

Chuck,

THE SHRINK

also........ the last thing i need to be right now is a "fucking idiot". i was hoping that by now i would not be one of those again. at least for a while. too old.

BUT. i have had good advice and bad advice from attorneys before. i am willing to bet that you would know more about this industry than my CR atty. i have lost a bet or two in my life though.:LMAO

thanks.

MO.........

<TABLE class=tborder id=post930066 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=3 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> 10-25-07, 07:45 AM </TD><TD class=thead style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 1px solid; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid" align=right> #1 (permalink) </TD></TR><TR vAlign=top><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 0px solid" width=175><!-- google_ad_section_start(weight=ignore) -->VegasMike01<!-- google_ad_section_end --><SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_930066", true); </SCRIPT>
EOG Senior Member

</TD><TD class=alt1 id=td_post_930066 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid"> <!-- google_ad_section_start -->I encourage you all to donate...<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1><!-- google_ad_section_start -->These fires in CA are terrible. Imagine if all of your worldy possessions were reduced to NOTHING overnight.

It would actually be nice if we could organize a group "Responsible Gamblers of America" or something similar and get a hefty donation underway. Might be better than some of the negative press that always seems to circulate the online gambling community. With a joint effort from ALL of the forums we may be able to raise a pretty penny. Now would be a good time to work together for a common goal, and get rid of some of this hate. I will be donating to the Red Cross today, but if we can get something else together, I would gladly donate again.

What do you all think?<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-RIGHT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #2b295e 0px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #2b295e 1px solid; BORDER-BOTTOM: #2b295e 1px solid"> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

also, there is always something going on in the world that needs money/help. it would be nice if this site could help in these situations. seriously

Chuck,

Ask around...

I'd bet you that virtually every entrepreneur still involved in online gambling that caters to US citizens would give you the same advice I just did...

Furthermore, I suspect all would say they would not be starting up a new conpany right now given what they know...

BTW, how many new online gambling ventures are you seeing setting u shop lately?

How many have you seen merge, consolidate or fold?

I would talk to a British attorney. Find a British attorney that has represented British-based companies or individuals that have been charged with gambling-related offenses in America. They would have some experience regarding what aspects of the business tend to get British-based companies trouble with American jurisdictions.

P.S. be prepared to pay for such information. To cut costs, you could buy an hour, or two, or three, of their time and pick their brains while asking your already-prepared questions. . . .I don't have any idea what the customary and usual billable hour rate is for British attorneys. It would not be outlandish for an American attorney with such a narrow specialization and expertise to charge around $500 per hour, + or -. . . .

Last edited:

Chuck,

Ask around...

I'd bet you that virtually every entrepreneur still involved in online gambling that caters to US citizens would give you the same advice I just did...

Furthermore, I suspect all would say they would not be starting up a new conpany right now given what they know...

BTW, how many new online gambling ventures are you seeing setting u shop lately?

How many have you seen merge, consolidate or fold?

ken, i am being told to NOT cater to US citizens and that there is enough biz out there to still be a success without the US. as far as any new ventures setting up shop. many times when others are staying away from or flat out running from an industry it is the best time to get in. I KNOW THIS MAY BE DIFFERENT. but like when The Clintons were going to give us all free health care and insurance companies were closing the doors.

so, you are telling me that you would not start this up at this time?

do you think it's a valid biz just not now?

do you think it has a chance without being in the US?

thanks again.

p.s. you said "ask around"........ well, that's what i'm doing. i thought i would start at the top. you.

Firstdown

EOG Member

Boy...That name brings back the good ole days !!

A lot of the old Bookmakers are gone....Sad kind of.... Just like my Best bud Bernie...Miss him Big time

Firstdown

EOG Member

AS I STATED IN THE INITIAL POST IN THIS THREAD.

IGNORE THE TEXT. IT'S JUST THERE FOR LOOKS. IT'S 'NOT' THE FINISHED PRODUCT. I JUST STARTED TYPING SHIT TO SEE HOW THE SITE WOULD LOOK WITH TEXT. IT WILL 'LOOK' THE SAME BUT 'ALL' OF THE TEXT WILL CHANGE. WE ARE ALSO GOING TO ONLY BE USING THE 5 SERIES BMW FOR THE $100 RAFFLE.

DO YOU THINK PEOPLE WILL BUY TICKETS?

WOULD YOU BUY TICKETS IF YOU LIVED IN CANADA?

IF WE HAD A $10 OR $25 RAFFLE WOULD THAT HELP SALES AND WHAT WOULD YOU OFFER AT THOSE PRICES?

ANY ADVICE IS WELCOME.

THANKS.:smokesmal

Would I buy Tickets if I was not in the US :+clueless Maybe, but I'm not really a Lottery type of guy...

Will people Buy Tickets ?? Yes...BUT I think the $50 or $100 ticket Model is too high.....

Did you Ever see the type of person or persons that Play the Lottery ??
Or the Keno type of game that they have in NY...the one that draws like every 5 mins or so.
These people will sit there for Hours at a time playing, $1,$5,$10 a game
They might go there with $50-$100 in there pocket for the day....

$50 a ticket for a Watch that cost around $12K ?? Now if you brought that down to $10...I think you have a better chance.

You need to remember that Lottery type of games are for the Lower to Middle Class....type of person !

that 12k Diamond Bezel Presidential Rolex cost 25k last i checked.

:+clueless