WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST USC ALUMNI IN FOOTBALL?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Lots of all-time greats played at USC over many decades. Okay, I will say OJ was #1 and Anthony Munoz #2.

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: WHO DO YOU THINK IS THE BEST USC ALUMNI IN FOOTBALL?

Great question...the answer is just too easy though. The Juice!

Munoz is a great #2, so many to choose from though.

Are we just basing the answer on college career? football only?

USC use to be the baseball factory...Fred Lynn Rich Dauer

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

OJ, got his sig when he played there. Man among boys when he was there. But he went from running there to shuffling at buffalo to falling down at SF to running through airports to traveling very slow in a Bronco.

OF...:touchdown

Journeyman

EOG Master

Anthony Davis sure put on a show versus Notre Dame, easily one of the greatest Trojan moments....

Z you remember that comeback at the half?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Great question...the answer is just too easy though. The Juice!

Munoz is a great #2, so many to choose from though.

Are we just basing the answer on college career? football only?

USC use to be the baseball factory...Fred Lynn Rich Dauer
I will say college and professional football careers only.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

<!--sport-top--><TABLE id=columns><TBODY><TR><TD id=column-1>

O. J. Simpson--1968

O. J. Simpson became USC�s second Heisman Trophy winner in 1968 when he captured the award by the most one-sided margin in history.
During the regular 1968 season, O.J. established an NCAA record for yards rushing --1,709--in a single season (since bettered). A two-time unanimous All- American, he equaled or bettered 19 NCAA, conference and USC records. Simpson also held the NFL single season rushing record of 2,003 yards set in 1973 and finished his 11- year pro career as the second leading NFL career rusher behind Jim Brown.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Journeyman

EOG Master

Gotta be OJ, he is still top 10 NFL player all time, he was the highlight player of the 70's, it was OJ and then everyone else, he would run around in the defensive secondary making those slow white defensive backs like Rick Volk Sam Havrilack , Lloyd Mumford and Rex Kern look silly. .

over under on murdered victims , I would set that at 2.5

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Anthony Davis sure put on a show versus Notre Dame, easily one of the greatest Trojan moments....

Z you remember that comeback at the half?
I remember Davis got jobbed by Griffin for the Heisman trophy. Certainly, Davis was the best RB ever to play while still at USC, but OJ had a much better pro career.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I though AD was a few years earlier than Archie Griffen, I was thinking Davis' historic game was like 1973 maybe? when he had 6 tds and USC came all the way back from a huge HT deficit, he was something else.

UPDATE- Yep it was 1974, you are on the money brother.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

I hated Notre Dame back then because my Father hated ND. I was happy when the Trojans whipped 'em. I think USC beat Ohio State in the Rose Bowl that year. I never liked them either.....LOL.

Journeyman

EOG Master

I hated Notre Dame back then because my Father hated ND. I was happy when the Trojans whipped 'em. I think USC beat Ohio State in the Rose Bowl that year. I never liked them either.....LOL.

i was very similar to you . USC/OSU Rose Bowl were THE games back then too. my old man loved the Irish, I never forgot that game Davis had.

He had that unique TD celebration ...I wonder why he never made it in the NFL seemed he was very similar to a joe Washington type back...I see he tried the WFL and CFL first...That World League killed a lot of careers and the Dolphins dynasty.

that Dolphin team was decimated by the WFL, who knows how the 70's would have shaped up if Csonka Kiick Warfield and co had not left for the World League.

dirty

EOG Master

Marcus Allen by a landslide....Call act and a HOF'er all the way around

The Devil

EOG Master

BOTH CAREERS COMBINED.....I HAVE TO GO WITH RONNY LOTT........

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

i was very similar to you . USC/OSU Rose Bowl were THE games back then too. my old man loved the Irish, I never forgot that game Davis had.

He had that unique TD celebration ...I wonder why he never made it in the NFL seemed he was very similar to a joe Washington type back...I see he tried the WFL and CFL first...That World League killed a lot of careers and the Dolphins dynasty.

that Dolphin team was decimated by the WFL, who knows how the 70's would have shaped up if Csonka Kiick Warfield and co had not left for the World League.
I wondered the same thing about AD! And I am still pissed to this day that the Skins lost to the Dolphins. Stupid George Allen and his unimaginable lack of offense and barring the wives to travel took the wind right out of our sails. The Skins had beaten the same Cowboy team that had destroyed the Dolphins the year before.

mofome

Banned

Good call, Lott was super smart and could hit with anybody! And Marcus Allen was pretty damn good too!

zz, i already said lott and allen. whats up, no love for mofo?

:+crying-5

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

zz, i already said lott and allen. whats up, no love for mofo?

:+crying-5
Oops, I didn't see that. Sorry Mo.....'you know you're my world!' You're still my favorite poster Mo and someday, I hope to see the right breast to go with that incredible left breast in your avatar!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

mofome

Banned

Oops, I didn't see that. Sorry Mo.....'you know you're my world!' You're still my favorite poster Mo and someday, I hope to see the right breast to go with that incredible left breast in your avatar!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

:cheers

i just get sad when im overlooked by my buds.

:(

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

OJ - not because of his on the field contributions, but the fact that he can kill two people in cold blood, take a run for the hills, go to trial and walk the streets afterwards. Genius!

This is a very simple question, in which several players have been forgotten about. Players who helped their teams get to the Super Bowl, with only a couple of Super Bowl MVP's on the list of USC Alumni.

If we were to use that criteria alone, i.e. how successful was the Alumni once he graduated to the next upper echelon, then it would easily be a tie b/t Lynn Swann and Marcus Allen, or Ronnie Lott, the same arguement could be made for the likes of such greats with some becoming NFL Hall Of Famers; Frank Gifford, Mike Garrett, Junior Seau, Munoz, Tatupa, Willie Wood, Ron Mix, Red Badgro. Plus some future Hall of Famers, Reggie Bush, Mike Williams I hope; and everyone else listed previously by each poster. All are legitimate answers, with the exception of O.J. though he was fun to watch run at both USC and in the NFL, O.J. deserves to have his name stricken from every record book, be it high school, college and NFL. O.J. would of never qualified to even of gone to USC with his poor high school grades of which he could not obtain his H.S. Diploma without the underhanded cheating by his H.S. principal and teachers. Otherwise we would of been saying Orenthal who?
This question could of been better served by asking, who was the greatest Collegiate Level Alumni from USC, (who may or may not of gone on to play in the NFL), or the USC Alumni NFL player. For instance Johnny Rodgers was perhaps the greatest Heisman Trophy winning running back in the history of the game, but a NFL flunky. So it goes!!!!!!!!!

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

Some very prestigious names we are tossing around. props to USC!!! Great tradition.

soli

EOG Dedicated

Orenthal James Simpson

The Highligts of his over 2000 yards NFL season is actually the best I've ever seen of a running back. In only 14 games by the way!

waco

EOG Dedicated

OJ and there isn't a close 2nd.

Journeyman

EOG Master

This is a very simple question, in which several players have been forgotten about. Players who helped their teams get to the Super Bowl, with only a couple of Super Bowl MVP's on the list of USC Alumni.

If we were to use that criteria alone, i.e. how successful was the Alumni once he graduated to the next upper echelon, then it would easily be a tie b/t Lynn Swann and Marcus Allen, or Ronnie Lott, the same arguement could be made for the likes of such greats with some becoming NFL Hall Of Famers; Frank Gifford, Mike Garrett, Junior Seau, Munoz, Tatupa, Willie Wood, Ron Mix, Red Badgro. Plus some future Hall of Famers, Reggie Bush, Mike Williams I hope; and everyone else listed previously by each poster. All are legitimate answers, with the exception of O.J. though he was fun to watch run at both USC and in the NFL, O.J. deserves to have his name stricken from every record book, be it high school, college and NFL. O.J. would of never qualified to even of gone to USC with his poor high school grades of which he could not obtain his H.S. Diploma without the underhanded cheating by his H.S. principal and teachers. Otherwise we would of been saying Orenthal who?
This question could of been better served by asking, who was the greatest Collegiate Level Alumni from USC, (who may or may not of gone on to play in the NFL), or the USC Alumni NFL player. For instance Johnny Rodgers was perhaps the greatest Heisman Trophy winning running back in the history of the game, but a NFL flunky. So it goes!!!!!!!!!

Highly unlikely R Bush will make any HOF

maverick

EOG Veteran

If you really compare Marcus Allens career to OJ's..(much better pro IMO)............I dont think Allens would be that far behind if at all...........

Journeyman

EOG Master

Allen was great, he became more known for his ability to find the end zone in short yardage but early in his career he was a great breakaway back, he made Al Davis pay for years after they cast him aside.