Frog's NBA regular season thread...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Here we go again. Another climb up the NBA mountain. Sometimes it's better to ride the Frog Express in comfort, as that is my money train. I have done my homework, my training camp. I feel strong coach, put me in. We will run with most of the latest thread goals and tracking. Only change I see is I will no longer count splits as losing days. However, they will be tracked with full 10 cent juice, so if I lose 1 unit, win 1 unit, I still lose 1/10 unit off of overall units, and all other pertinent records. And as usual, if I screw up the math my favor or my disfavor please point it out. So my main goal is consistency. Again. I like winning days, but winning weeks and winning months are crucial for long term profitability.

Also I will use the green point arrows on play posts. Easier to fast reference that way. If you post in the thread please do not use that. I will try to let people know in the morning if I will pass for the day, as to not keep everyone hanging. Might be a tad shorter write ups, and more second half plays. I will try to use w/a numbers, but as we have seen, sometimes my bets move things rapidly. I will barely be anywhere but this thread, and just stop all of the silly battling for the most part. Of course if you have any input, any concerns or questions I will do my best to address them. I do not expect to last the entire season, I never have. But I do expect to do well, I always do.

I have watched practically every preseason game I could. The refs have two different hot buttons for this preseason. Traveling and illegal picks or moving screens. It is the Europeanzation of the NBA. But besides that, refs hardly called anything. More to be seen but not heard after ref scandal I would think. Some coaching changes, some roster overhauls, some teams got worse. Numbers are up, settling, but came out remarkably tight for openers. That's ok, not in any hurry. Check in if you would like, I try to say hello and thank everyone for stoppin by. If not, no problem. My last 4 threads here have been very profitable, so there is some good history here. Let's roll!

Best Wishes...OF :cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master
Re: Frog's NBA regular season thread...

Utah Jazz +3 1/2 (2 units) w/a at books that are posting it.

Writeup to follow.

PyRo CaPPer

EOG Addicted

BOL this season Frog. Wasn't around these parts much last year, but gonna lurk this year. What type of unit system do you use? 1-3 with 3 being max? TIA.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

BOL this season Frog. Wasn't around these parts much last year, but gonna lurk this year. What type of unit system do you use? 1-3 with 3 being max? TIA.

Normally 1-4, 5 is a possibility. But the max is 4. Not sure but I think I went undefeated on 4 unit plays last thread. Some people do not believe in weighting, but it is hard to deny some plays are stronger than others. I was fortunate to be able to discern which ones were the strongest last year. Before my win % was very high, but my units lacked. My goal is to maximize units won. You were not the only one not around much last year, it was a bad time for many. At least the dust has settled for now. Thanks for stoppin by.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Thank you sir. May we all work together to beat the books. I will root for you, unless we are on opposites. I am all business from here on out. Maybe goof off in my thread with panic ladies and trains, but the focus remains, if not, I time out. Glad to see I did not chase you off! Thnaks for stoppin by.

Topflight

EOG Addicted

Frog good fortune on the coming season, great to read your write-ups as they are always informative>

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Frog good fortune on the coming season, great to read your write-ups as they are always informative>

Saweet avatar, just lost my focus...Sometimes informative, sometimes just drivel, but at least it is an opinion. Always good to know why a guy likes something. Thanks for stoppin by...

Best wishes...OF :cheers

Egg Yolk Soup

EOG Senior Member

just what i was hoping to see. i suck at nba and will need someone to tail again!

have a great season .

-eggs

I always thought u posted funny comments on the "gambling industry" threads, I look forward to checking this one:+excited-

I'm new to betting NBA, this will be my first season. I'm excited to try it out and learn from my mistakes. Hopefully make a little $$ when it's all over.

Best of luck this season Frog.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

just what i was hoping to see. i suck at nba and will need someone to tail again!

have a great season .

-eggs

A repeat customer, you rooted for me last year, I want you and the fam to root this year. I'll do my best, thanks for stoppin by.

Best wishes...:cheers

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

wish you the best of luck frog......I hope to be on your side more than im not.:cheers

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

I always thought u posted funny comments on the "gambling industry" threads, I look forward to checking this one:+excited-

I'm new to betting NBA, this will be my first season. I'm excited to try it out and learn from my mistakes. Hopefully make a little $$ when it's all over.

Best of luck this season Frog.

I keep it light and funny here, but at the same time try to point out things and show a little profit. I say the same exact thing, hope to show a little $$$ when it is over. That is all you can realistically do. Thanks for stoppin by...

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

wish you the best of luck frog......I hope to be on your side more than im not.:cheers

Hey, we could both be on the same side the entire year, well, I won't be here that long, but it would not matter to me as long as we win. This ain't no capper contest. If every capper on this forum showed a profit at the end of the run I could not be happier. If we are on opposites I have no problem rationally explaining to you as why I like it and would take no offense to you having a different opinion. Thanks for stoppin by...

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

Hey, we could both be on the same side the entire year, well, I won't be here that long, but it would not matter to me as long as we win. This ain't no capper contest. If every capper on this forum showed a profit at the end of the run I could not be happier. If we are on opposites I have no problem rationally explaining to you as why I like it and would take no offense to you having a different opinion. Thanks for stoppin by...

its all good:bank:

Great to see you posting your plays again this year.

Looking forward to a very profitable nba season

HERE`S TO YOU MY FRIEND:cheers

PyRo CaPPer

EOG Addicted

Frog, I seen in another thread that you said you got the Rockets at -2.5. Still good at 5?

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Great to see you posting your plays again this year.

Looking forward to a very profitable nba season

HERE`S TO YOU MY FRIEND:cheers

One of my veterans, a past poster witness. You are on my hope to meet someday list, so I can thank you in person for a stand up guy. Don't know about very profitable, but something extra under the tree would be good for me. Anything but a lump of coal season. Thanks for stoppin by Mr. L.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Frog, I seen in another thread that you said you got the Rockets at -2.5. Still good at 5?

No, now it is where it should have been. We can get this out early this year.

This is the Frog yacht. It also has gratuitous babe shot, score! The babes don't put out as much if you are left at the dock, after a move. I call it sitting by the dock of the bay. That one I could have posted but I had no thread up. Besides, it was tough as it moved right after open or got taken down. But normally speaking, if you miss a 2 1/2 point move you are better served waitng for the next stop of the yacht. If you try to jump from the dock you may fall in and lose. Chasin numbers, lost value, a lot of ways to say it. Don't. I'll get you in front of one. Or we will go against before post.
The yacht makes frequent stops, I'll get you on the next trip. If you had to bet it for entertainment, I would stick with Rockets.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Well, since the Rockets came up, I like them. I want to see them live regular season, and think they may take some time to iron out a good rotation and the Rick playbook, as in, all get on the same page, but they could be a monster before long. Adelman has been to the Finals, and should have been with two different teams but the Sac Kings got superjobbed vs. Lakers game #6. Plus a bad tapout by Vlade to big shot did not help. But his offenses work. You get a lot of Princeton back door cuts for chippies. You get a lot of ball movement, cutting and motion, you make the defense work. They heavily improved the weaker area of their team at pg by getting two former Rockets, James and Stevie. They still have Rafer starting pg, but he was not very good last year, and seems out of place in this offense. James and Stevie have excelled. Rick has Rafer starting over James, and Stevie as backup sg. I just don't see that. With TMac there, and Bonzi behind him I just don't think Stevie will get any minutes there. Bonzi looks very sharp. Even that kid Brooks looks good. They dumped little Lucas to keep him. So with Bonzi effectively a no show last year, and the pg position overmatched nightly, Yao and TMac wore down and out. Now you three proven scorers, with Bonzi a load wherever he plays. Plus Stevie and James are bonafide 3 pt threats, to open things up. You get many open looks behind the arc in this offense. Especially if Yao kicks out. The pace should increase, as well as the scoring. A healthy increase. Battier can also stroke the 3, and does all of the little things. Novak is the weakest link on depth. Scola looked ragged. He pressed a lot when close to the rim blowing easy looks. Out of position running and in half court sets on offense. His defense and boardwork are fair, but his rotations, again, knowing where he is supposed to go is off. His hustle and motor are impressive. As is his nose for the ball. Another upgrade. Landry kid might slide up to back up over Hayes. Yao and changeup Motumbo man the post with Yao looking fairly comfortable in the offense at times. I did not like the sets which had him or Scola high post but they pass out and rotate in. A work in progress. Very deep team with weaknesses now strengths. Priorities: Health, rotation, learning Rick's playbook. Very high upside.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Denver ov 215 (1 unit) Going fast. Go up to 216, for grading purposes.

No write up this one is moving.

Archangel8

EOG Veteran

best of luck this upcoming season Frog..you were a great capper who's opinion i valued last year until you left...great to see you back and good luck
:cheers

karamazov

EOG Veteran

Good luck frog. I hope I can learn some things from you this year. NBA not my strong suit.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Tall guys, orange ball... Now I remember.

Have a great season FROG.

Good job Jimmy, you remember the first lesson from years past. You get a gold star or a selection, your choice. One of these days I hope we can get together. Thanks for stoppin by.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Good luck frog. I hope I can learn some things from you this year. NBA not my strong suit.

I will throw all sorts of worthless shit out there for you to digest. NBA is my best sport, but that could mean anything. Let's just say I have 30+ years following the tall guys with the orange ball. Welcome and thanks for stoppin by.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Wishing you nothing but "net" year FROG

Joelatti, one of my veterans. Always good to see you here. Do you still have my bottle of wine, If so, hope it is in a cellar. Hope all is well for you. Thanks for stoppin by.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

gl frog i will be following your plays.:cheers

Following my plays? That will add a bit too much pressure on me. Normally we just shoot the shit in my threads, now I suppose I have to try to win. I hope not to disappoint you. Thanks for stoppin by.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Good luck this season, Frog.

Hey reload, here I am again. Too many curtain calls for me, but as long as I have an audience I guess I should perform. The show must go on! Thanks for stoppin by.

OMNIVOROUS FROG

EOG Master

Only time will tell there Cassius. I'll put my time in for sure. I only open up the pumpkins, and the fam does the rest, so I will watch every minute I can. Lines moving the way I thought so that is part of the battle. Thanks for stoppin by.