The Bible and Gambling!

Re: The Bible and Gambling!

Gambling with an illegal bookmaker, whether in person or online, is illegal. (UNLESS YOU ARE IN THE STATE OF NEVADA) I don't know enough of the bible (because I do not believe in the validity of it AT ALL) to know but I would assume somewhere in that "novel" that it says "obey the law of the land". After all it was created 400+ AD to keep the masses "in line". Surely there is a chapter in that fictional book about obeying laws. No?

Travis

what's "the bible"? never heard of it.

Janus, please change your avatar back. Your posts always stood out, and were easy for me to find, with your bright yellow avatar. Now I have to try to find a DONKEY?? Come on!!

Travis

janus

EOG Dedicated

Janus, please change your avatar back. Your posts always stood out, and were easy for me to find, with your bright yellow avatar. Now I have to try to find a DONKEY?? Come on!!

Travis

fair enough.

Mudcat

EOG Senior Member

From what I know of the various bibles out there, there is a lot of gambling going on in different forms.

Anyway I'm agnostic. Not atheist. Agnostic (i.e. - the one and only correct philosophy).

savage1

EOG Member

Maybe someone should ask one of the "God"s like Stu Feiner what his opinion is, or maybe the DECEASED Mike Lee or one of his "friends" can ask the Almighty directly and get back to us with the answer.:+textinb3

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

From what I know of the various bibles out there, there is a lot of gambling going on in different forms.

Anyway I'm agnostic. Not atheist. Agnostic (i.e. - the one and only correct philosophy).
Well said!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

While some Gods may prohibit gambling, I doubt it. With an endless amount of time on their (our) hands, life would be quite a bore without our gambling capabilities. In fact, it is my belief that without gambling.........none of us would even be here!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

d ray

EOG Dedicated

:cheers

The one and only correct philosophy because you say so. Seems like a shallow and egotistical thing to say.

Jo-Jo White

EOG Member

Is this Journeyman too?

Back to the topic, the question makes no sense...Is this a question or statement or a sentence with a comma in the wrong place?.

The one and only correct philosophy because you say so. Seems like a shallow and egotistical thing to say.

He said "philosophy". Not "set in stone". Not "fact". Not "no other possibility".

Philosophy = The critical analysis of fundamental assumptions or beliefs.

Seems like a reasonable statement unless you are an individual who is insecure in their belief system, or lack thereof.

Travis