RETHINK ON THE MAYWEATHER FIGHT

WINBET

EOG Dedicated
1) Mayweather is not going to stop Hatton in the contest, not only is Hatton too strong but Pretty Boys style makes it favourite.
2) Taking account of Mayweathers elusive style and the fact that He's an American Champion fighting on US soil, its long odds Hatton will win on Points.

Knowing how Hatton fights, I cannot see a middle ground of where he does enough to win in the States on points, if He dominates he will stop Pretty Boy and thats where the value is.
Hatton to stop Pretty Boy +626 with Pinny. :party

WINBET

EOG Dedicated
Re: RETHINK ON THE MAYWEATHER FIGHT

lol keep dreamin bloke

I realise its hard for anyone on your side of the Pond to see anything bigger than +100 winning but that aside we get the Hatton cant win brigade posting the same time as how good Matchbook is. How about you Jokers putting up some decent odds for a couple of Grand and then well talk about dreaming. :LMAOwasters, all talk no clout. :cheers

MCP

you're talking to a guy sitting on Zona ML +375 and to someone who has hit more than one golfer at 100-1

I know long shots come in... just not this one

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

Yes but your talking Boxing to me not Zona or Golf, I might agree with you on other bets. Well I just put 2K in matchbook for all you wasters to lay seeing as I'm betting such a Joker and have no chance of drawing. But I would like another bet with you Jokers, that 2K will still be there Tomorrow, WHY? because your all talk and no do. :houra:LMAO:cheers

MCP

I'll take you seriously when you can figure out when to use your and you're

If I have interest in betting the fight, i will, not because you want me to.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

winbet do you know Hatton is moving up in weight? floyd isnt coming down to him. Listen i don't like Mayweather and i wish he would get his head knocked off but Hatton aint gonna do it and im pretty sure he is gonna look so foolish in this fight. This is gonna be like when Gerry Cooney fought Larry Holmes. this will be mostly about the referee for this event. If Hatton gets a ref that lets him constantly hold all night he might have a slim chance. Last time he fought a guy in his prime it was Callazo and he lost that fight in everyones eyes but the judges. He also stepped up to 147 for that fight. Keep wishing and man bet the shit out of this because i want that line to start moving down so i can unload everything i have on it. Hopefully this isnt another Hatton wrestlebox match.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

I'll take you seriously when you can figure out when to use your and you're

If I have interest in betting the fight, i will, not because you want me to.

The old grammar get out clause :LMAOWanker :+textinb3

MCP

winbet, be honest... do you join the other homosexual brits and belt out that man love song "walking in a Hatton wonderland"

ArchieBunker

EOG Dedicated

I'll be at the fight and I will have something on it. Just not sure yet on which side.

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

winbet do you know Hatton is moving up in weight? floyd isnt coming down to him. Listen i don't like Mayweather and i wish he would get his head knocked off but Hatton aint gonna do it and im pretty sure he is gonna look so foolish in this fight. This is gonna be like when Gerry Cooney fought Larry Holmes. this will be mostly about the referee for this event. If Hatton gets a ref that lets him constantly hold all night he might have a slim chance. Last time he fought a guy in his prime it was Callazo and he lost that fight in everyones eyes but the judges. He also stepped up to 147 for that fight. Keep wishing and man bet the shit out of this because i want that line to start moving down so i can unload everything i have on it. Hopefully this isnt another Hatton wrestlebox match.

Certainly respect your views which are well founded and there's no reason why you cannot be 100% correct but I've been around a long time, probably too long and you see these things developing. I wonder who is conning who in the Promotion heirarchy, Mayweather is a spent force for sales whereas a terrier like Hatton can be explioted to the full in the States. I think Hatton is a smart cookie for a Boxer and knows what to do to win but thats what its all about outside Grammar, an opinion. :cheers

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

MCP, any chance We can be Friends on here? You teach Me some Grammar and I'll teach you some betting strategies, Zona and Golf excuded of course. :D:cheers

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

winbet, be honest... do you join the other homosexual brits and belt out that man love song "walking in a Hatton wonderland"

Now now, dont start showing your ignorance, everyone knows Homo's dont bet. :houra:cheers

WINBET

EOG Dedicated

Journeyman.

case closed.

QUICKSAND :houra:LMAO:LMAOYour a Dope. :houra:houra:LMAO

We can be Friends, Just dont call us Brits Homo's, remberer We do bale you out all the Time. :cheers

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Clay have you headed out to Vegas yet? I hear Cortez is doing the fight which i am stunned the Mayweather camp is going along with.

CASSIUS CLAY

EOG Enthusiast

Clay have you headed out to Vegas yet? I hear Cortez is doing the fight which i am stunned the Mayweather camp is going along with.
karen & i leave thursday at "high noon" man i don't care who ref's this fight...... money may !! is going to put a big time wippping on this dude !! the odd's have went down alittle from -285 down to -235 .. when all the Brits get into town friday & sat the line will even go down more.
i hope !!

Last edited:

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

A Brit said on another site a big book there called Stan James or sum shit has it down to -188. Boy i hope we see these odds come fight night. By the way i would get to confident with Cortez doing the fight. He was so bias in Hattons last fight. He lets him get away with all that holding crap. I wish we had a guy who will break this nonsense up. Mayweather could get frustrated at times if Cortez lets this become wrestle box. Hey im with ya here but I don't like this one bit. Hell when i see Cotto hurt and then all the sudden a refs stops the fight when he spots water to give Coto a nice rest ya have to worry about this. Same spot Mosley almost wiped out in he felt no need to stop the fight. Refs can pull a lot of shit and this is Vegas. You hear anything about Mayweathers hands. Lots of rumors flying around

Hatton is to reckless on the way inside. Floyd is a great counter puncher and should have no problem landing a lot. Floyd is stronger than people think and has never shown any stamina issues either. Mayweather wins by decision.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

Ricky Hatton says the only way Floyd Mayweather can beat him on Saturday night is on cuts. Hatton has needed around 100 stitches in his face down the years, ...
ricky(my mans name is hatton ) hatton
wins in a dec.

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

i think by round 7 Hatton will put it in survivor mode and eventually his corner will throw in the towel.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

They could fight in a local pub in Manchester and the judges could drink 10 Guiness each - it won't change change the outcome - a wild man coming after Floyd is a recipe for disaster - Floyd dodges bullets and strikes like a sniper.

Seymour

EOG Dedicated

i think by round 7 Hatton will put it in survivor mode and eventually his corner will throw in the towel.

I'm also predicting the fight is stopped by his corner or a doctor - I don't think Floyd will knock him out though.

nedrow

EOG Dedicated

hatton reminds me of boom boom , i saw mancini fight once and i swar to god he had a bloody noise b/f the fight started.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

Outlook is golden for Oscar after big fight.

Oscar De La Hoya is the last man to have fought Floyd Mayweather Jr., and he could very well be the next one to face Ricky Hatton.

The Golden Boy, who is promoting Saturday night's showdown between unbeatens Mayweather (38-0, 24 KOs) and Hatton (43-0, 31 KOs) for the WBC welterweight title on HBO Pay-Per-View at the MGM Grand Garden, raves about Mayweather's talent.

And he's just as impressed with Hatton's pluck.

What he's most pleased with, though, is that the fight will generate significant business. De La Hoya and Golden Boy CEO Richard Schaefer are adamant that the pay-per-view will surpass 1 million buys and approach 1.5 million. De La Hoya and Mayweather set the single-fight pay-per-view record when they sold 2.5 million units for the May 5 bout that Mayweather won in the very ring he'll take on Hatton Saturday night.

"All the revenue streams are tracking consistently at about 60 percent of what my fight with Mayweather did and that's usually the way the pay-per-view comes in, too," De La Hoya said.

De La Hoya might have a vested interest in a Hatton victory, because if the popular Briton wins, it's all but a certainty that he and De La Hoya would meet in what would be a promotion of near-epic proportions.

The odds are creeping downward below 2-1 in favor of Mayweather, largely thanks to the massive influx of Brits who are steadily backing their man.

Mayweather has riled the British fans with taunts of what he says are Hatton's crude skills. And De La Hoya concedes that the bad-boy image Mayweather plays has helped turn him into a pay-per-view attraction.

"Floyd really has it down," De La Hoya said. "He's good at being the villain and he's got all of these people who watch his fights want to see him lose. He's got his share of fans who root for him and want to see him do well, but he has maybe more fans who he's aggravated and who want to see someone beat him.

"People want to see him fight, win or lose, which is always good. This is one of those fights where, Ricky Hatton is a popular guy, a lot of people want to find someone who can finally shut Mayweather up and they want to know if Hatton can pull this huge upset."

De La Hoya's final comment says a lot about Mayweather's skills. When you talk of a 43-0 fighter pulling a huge upset, the guy he's facing had better be exceptionally gifted.

Mayweather is the most gifted fighter in the world, which he hasn't been shy about telling anyone who listened. But he eschews the villain role he's playing.

"In every show, there's a good guy and a bad guy and if I get the bad guy role, so be it," said Mayweather, who prefers to be known these days as "Money" or "Money May."

"But I'm not a bad person. I'm a guy who buys turkeys for the homeless at Thanksgiving. I do charitable acts all the time, not because I want attention but because it's the kind of person I am and I want to help.

"I've been blessed by God with a lot of gifts. One of them is for boxing. I've been boxing a long time. I had a dream for years about what I could do as a boxer and now I'm thankful I'm able to live my dream."

Outlook is golden for Oscar after big fight - Boxing - Yahoo! Sports

waco

EOG Dedicated

Looks like another Ali and Frazier fight and we all know who won 2 out of 3

MCP

bluuuuuuuue moooooooon you saw me standing alone... got a bad feeling this fight will be a major letdown

Bet the draw so they can fight again and make more $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

<TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 bgColor=#003366 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=580>Boxing</TD><TD width=20>EXIT</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle width=580>December 8, 2007 - Mayweather Jr vs Hatton Fight Outcome</TD><TD width=20> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE> <TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR bgColor=#003366><TD vAlign=top width=120>12/8/2007 10:00 PM</TD><TD vAlign=top width=500>Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Ricky Hatton</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>205</TD><TD width=300>Mayweather Jr by KO TKO or Dq </TD><TD width=65> +390 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>206</TD><TD width=300>Mayweather Jr by Decision </TD><TD width=65> -125 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>207</TD><TD width=300>Hatton by KO TKO or Dq </TD><TD width=65> +300 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>208</TD><TD width=300>Hatton by Decision </TD><TD width=65> +475 </TD><TD width=200> </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE><TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 width=620 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle width=55>209</TD><TD width=300>Draw </TD><TD width=65> +1850 </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

The sharp money is on Pretty Boy...

Odds will close above 2:1 if you want the favorite, imho...

THE SHRINK

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

The sharp money is on Pretty Boy...

Odds will close above 2:1 if you want the favorite, imho...

THE SHRINK
wish my hometown book would get it at 2-1. See sia has it down to -175. Greek started the day at 189 now at 215. cris 200.

No way i can see this fight being entertaining even if i win. Hatton is a brutal fighter to watch and Floyd just fights to survive and not get his hair messed up. HBO did a nice job to sway hatton money.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

My buddies went with the Fav in a KO so I would be cautious of that one. ;)