MLB Trivia

Journeyman

EOG Master
Re: MLB Trivia

too easy...

At one time Manny Ramirez appeared to be well on his way to shattering that mark, he's been stuck on 20 now for a while, after cruising to 20 a couple yers ago nadda since.

You never know when the next Slam will be, not easy to predict, I mean Manny gets pitched around with the bases loaded even, 3 walks the first two games of the ALCS to walk in a run....then again he could hit 3 in a season still.

Eddie Murray with 19 is 3rd.

Some players are more apt to show up with the bases loaded Murray and Ramirez two of the games greatest ever clutch hitter, oddly neither have won an MVP award either.

The Devil

EOG Master

AROD IS NEAR THE TOP WITH 16........HE SHOULD MOVE UP THE LIST BEFORE HE RETIRES.........

The Devil

EOG Master

A Rod has an excellent chance to catch everyone, he's over halfway to 30 at the halfway point.

He should reach 25 easy.

JOURNEY: HERE ARE SOME STAGGERING CAREER NUMBERS ON A-ROD ON THE ALL TIME BASEBALL LISTS:

AND HE IS SIGNED TO PLAY 10 MORE YEARS

GAMES PLAYED:268TH
AT BATS:196TH
RUNS: 65TH
HITS: 146TH
2B: 158TH
3B: 1445TH
HOME RUNS: 17TH
RBI'S: 47TH
STOLEN BASES: 179TH
WALKS: 151ST
TOTAL BASES: 54TH

Journeyman

EOG Master

JOURNEY: HERE ARE SOME STAGGERING CAREER NUMBERS ON A-ROD ON THE ALL TIME BASEBALL LISTS:

AND HE IS SIGNED TO PLAY 10 MORE YEARS

GAMES PLAYED:268TH
AT BATS:196TH
RUNS: 65TH
HITS: 146TH
2B: 158TH
3B: 1445TH
HOME RUNS: 17TH
RBI'S: 47TH
STOLEN BASES: 179TH
WALKS: 151ST
TOTAL BASES: 54TH

I did a projection of his final numbers (realistic) back in April 2007 :doh1

Alex Rodriguez final career numbers will be staggering.
<HR style="COLOR: #fdde82" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->Realistically A-Rod could- (his career is only half over, age 30)

reach 4000 hits
reach 850-900 home runs
reach 700 doubles
reach 400+ stolen bases
reach 2500+ runs scored
reach 2500+ RBI
never win a world title
win 5-6-7 MVP's
still be called a bum by a good percentage of the fans.

I suppose the one knock, he hasn't improved upon his walk/strikeout ratio

900 home runs....he's a shoo-in to break Barry Bonds HR record. (barring injury)

Yankee Stadium is no cheap homer for a right handed batter either.
<!-- / message -->

The Devil

EOG Master

IF I REMEMBER AT NEXT SEASONS END I WILL BRING THIS UP AND SHOW WHATEVER IMPROVEMENT HE MAKES ON THE ALL TIME LISTS.......

ONE THING YOU CAN NEVER FACTOR IN IS HOW MUCH HIS SKILLS WILL DIMINISH YEAR TO YEAR.........WILL HE STAY THIS WAY 3 MORE YEARS AND HIT A WALL????

Journeyman

EOG Master

IF I REMEMBER AT NEXT SEASONS END I WILL BRING THIS UP AND SHOW WHATEVER IMPROVEMENT HE MAKES ON THE ALL TIME LISTS.......

ONE THING YOU CAN NEVER FACTOR IN IS HOW MUCH HIS SKILLS WILL DIMINISH YEAR TO YEAR.........WILL HE STAY THIS WAY 3 MORE YEARS AND HIT A WALL????

Or breakdown like Griffey did...it could happen, Griffey was nearly on the same pace at that age....Playing 3rd base not as likely, just some back problems perhaps.

The Devil

EOG Master

Or breakdown like Griffey did...it could happen, Griffey was nearly on the same pace at that age....Playing 3rd base not as likely, just some back problems perhaps.

SOMETIMES IT JUST TAKES ONE INJURY THAT NEVER QUITE HEALS.....SURE YOU CAN FIND MANY IN BASEBALL THAT WERE SMOKING HOT AND JUST TAILED OFF......FORGETTING THE STERIODS, BONDS WAS A ONE OF A KIND......

Journeyman

EOG Master

Griffey at age 30..HR-438 RBI-1270 AVG .298 SB-173 hits-1950

A-Rod at age 30..HR-464 RBI-1347 AVG .306 SB-241 hits-2067

Somewhat surprising Griffey Jr. was almost as impressive, and we all know what happened to Jr....his career unravelled around age 31 , right where Alex is currently.
<!-- / message -->

If you had to create the perfect specimen to play baseball he would be at the top of the gene pool.

A-Rod is arguably the best baseball player ever made...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Devil

EOG Master

Griffey at age 30..HR-438 RBI-1270 AVG .298 SB-173 hits-1950

A-Rod at age 30..HR-464 RBI-1347 AVG .306 SB-241 hits-2067

Somewhat surprising Griffey Jr. was almost as impressive, and we all know what happened to Jr....his career unravelled around age 31 , right where Alex is currently.
<!-- / message -->

If you had to create the perfect specimen to play baseball he would be at the top of the gene pool.

A-Rod is arguably the best baseball player ever made...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AGREE WITH YOUR LAST STATEMENT 83.4%.........PROBABLY NOT THE BEST PLAYER EVER MADE, BUT THE BEST STATISTICAL PLAYER EVER MADE.......

Journeyman

EOG Master

AGREE WITH YOUR LAST STATEMENT 83.4%.........PROBABLY NOT THE BEST PLAYER EVER MADE, BUT THE BEST STATISTICAL PLAYER EVER MADE.......

I took a lot of heat for that comment back in 2006, what I meant was if God made the perfect ballplayer it would be A-Rod's mold/body.

Willie Mays, Clemente, Nolan Ryan and A-Rod the most naturally gifted baseball players ever created...Since A-Rod is bigger and faster than the others i would rank him number 1.

He should reach 3000 hits by his age 36 season, he will have 2000 RBI and 2000 run scored by then as well and close to 700 HR, we shall see.

And probably no rings, along with Mussina and Giambi :rolleyes: