BOXING WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT: I LOVE...

MCP

Re: BOXING WELTERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT: I LOVE...

unfortunately i agree.. wont bet it tho cuz i really really want hatton to win

MCP

Shrink, mark it down,,during the fight.. you will find you will be rooting for hatton and have to remind yourself what side your wallet is on

MCP,

I hear ya but I don't ever bet with my heart...

WINNING THE COIN means so much more to me than who I root for....

What is it about Hatton that makes you say this though?

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

MCP,

I hear ya but I don't ever bet with my heart...

WINNING THE COIN means so much more to me than who I root for....

What is it about Hatton that makes you say this though?

If you watched the HBO special 24/7 you would see why everyone wants Hatton to shut up that big fat mouth of floyds. Hell the last part on HBO last night almost had me changing my bet to Hatton. When i sobered up in the morning I came back to reality.

Mayweather wins by decison
----------------------------------

LVRJ
Fight Preview

Floyd Mayweather (38-0) scoffs at the notion he's underestimating Ricky Hatton (43-0) or that he didn't train hard for this fight.

"I never take any opponent lightly," he said. "I expect Ricky Hatton to bring his A game. But come Saturday, you'll see a versatile Floyd Mayweather."

Mayweather claims Hatton has a major flaw in his style and says he plans to exploit it.

"This kid's got a real weakness, I'm telling you," Mayweather said. "I'm not going to tell you what it is now, but I'm going to expose it, and after the fight you'll see what I'm talking about."

It is assumed that Hatton is going to go after Mayweather from the opening bell, try to get inside and rough him up. Hatton said that's not completely accurate.

"I'm going to have to use my boxing ability to beat him," Hatton said. "He's going to see I'm quicker than he thinks and I can box."

But to get to Mayweather, Hatton will have to overcome a 7-inch disadvantage in reach (72 inches to Hatton's 65). He might never get close enough to Mayweather to do any serious damage.

Hatton said in Mayweather's victories over Oscar De La Hoya and Zab Judah, Mayweather came on strong in the second half of each fight to win. Hatton said he has to make sure he has something in reserve to win the late rounds.

"You want to get off to a good start," Hatton said. "Floyd's tactics are to get you in the end. So you have to have both -- you want to put some early rounds in the bank, but you want to save something for the end."

Both fighters are receiving huge paydays. Mayweather will make more than $20 million and will be looking to become the first fighter to have back-to-back pay-per-view audiences of more than 1 million and the first fighter to attract 4 million pay-per-view customers in a calendar year.

Hatton will make $5 million, the most of his career. But for him, it's not as much about making money as it is about making history.

"The money's nice, sure," he said. "But it's always been about glory for me. It's always about the challenge.

"Everything I do is for the benefit of Ricky Hatton. But my blinkers are on. My eyes are on the prize."

It is a prize Mayweather said he has no intention of relinquishing.

"I'll be ready for anything he does," Mayweather said. "We've had a great training camp. We have a great game plan, and you'll see the whole bag of tricks."

Tuckman

Uh Poster

over 11 1/2, could careless who wins, just go the distance!

ktb

PBF to win!
also hoping for <11.5 rds

I really dont want to hear the Ricky Hatton song anymore.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

Most people expecting it to go the distance, Lets hope there is some good exchanges during the fight.

GL

yea thats what i am hearing, i'm hoping to watch it on channelsurfing again, i watched the last mayweather fight on that and it worked like a charm, but have been hearing nothing but negativity about it lately, to many people are probably catching on and slowing it down :finger004

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man is going to make a contrarian prediction on this one.

Hatton knocks out Mayweather in Round 3 or Round 7.

Munchkin Man

waco

EOG Dedicated

I think line will come down some more. knockout is only way Hatton will win.

Qtip

EOG Addicted

I grabbed Pretty Boy Floyd at -175 with Bet365

soli

EOG Dedicated

I'm in Vegas right now and I feel like i'm in England...lol....Hatton got a very large support group in Vegas

MCP

theres only one ricky hatton !!!

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

The line keeps going NORTH as I see Mayweather at -240 now at some places and higher...

yeah I got greedy and was hoping it come down below -200 so I could tap it and its steadily heading the wrong direction.....errrrrrr. Looks like I will put my cheerleading skirt on and help bring it home.:cheering:

Mr. NBA

EOG Dedicated

ah hell.....i cant come over and have nothing on it.:+textinb3 .....I took the pretty boy to win by decision...... even money at WSEX.:dancefool Floyd :dancefool

vinividivinci

EOG Addicted

Give me "hitman" Hatton +210. This should be more like +150 or so, I will take what I, at least, percieve to be some value.

That being said, this is "boxing", after all.

Good luck to everybody!

:cheers

VVV

Tuckman

Uh Poster

i have it on channelsurfing.net, and not having any issues suprisingly at all watching the undercard

Mr. NBA and Hitdogg,

It was fun having all of you over with the rest of our gang! :party

Mayweather came through EASILY:cheers !!!! :dancefool :bank:

MCP

disappointing.. as usual a boring floyd fight.. but he is so skilled, he is flashy in ever aspect of life except in the ring

disappointing.. as usual a boring floyd fight.. but he is so skilled, he is flashy in ever aspect of life except in the ring

He was KO in dancing with the stars early might not be a flashy dancer either

He was KO in dancing with the stars early might not be a flashy dancer either

Say what you want but if you watched the fight, you'd have to agree that Mayweather was so much the better Boxer....:houra

It wasn't close! :whatever:

MCP

yup.. and thats why his fights are boring.. he doesnt have to take chances

Munchkin Man

EOG Dedicated

Greetings:

The Munchkin Man is going to make a contrarian prediction on this one.

Hatton knocks out Mayweather in Round 3 or Round 7.

Munchkin Man

Looks like the Munchkin Man had better stick to penny stocks.

Munchkin Man

Say what you want but if you watched the fight, you'd have to agree that Mayweather was so much the better Boxer....:houra

It wasn't close! :whatever:

I did not watch it just reading reports we were spoiled in the days of Leonard-Hearns , Leonard -Duran , Mayweather a great fighter but he needs someone to fight love to see the welterweight division get back to those glory days.