WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF PLACES THAT INCLUDE 15% TIP??

The Devil

EOG Master
ME PERSONALLY, I DON'T LIKE IT....

I AM PROBABLY AN OVER TIPPER ON AVERAGE.......AND TO BE TRUTHFUL......I LOOK AT THE BOTTOM LINE OF THE BILL, NOT THE ITEMS........AND THE PRICES......

UNLESS I HAVE BEEN THERE BEFORE OR SOMEONE TELLS ME THE TIP IS INCLUDED, I TIP AGAIN.....FOR THE SIMPLE REASON, I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS ALREADY IN THERE..........

Re: WHAT IS YOUR OPINION OF PLACES THAT INCLUDE 15% TIP??

Read the receipt pretty easy to tell if Tip is included

Tuckman

Uh Poster

lotta places do it for parties of say 6 or more, unless 1 person is picking up the check, u easily get screwed when everyone throws in for "thier meal", not often do they toss in extra for the tip and if they do its measily change thats left over...Plus not everyone understands the concept of of tipping, or in a waiter/ waitress situation its a commision...

Also are you suppose to Tip the pizza man when there is a delivery charge ?

WYM

EOG Dedicated

dont lilke it. just went to a place where i bought a $50 gift with my dinner. you got it, the added 15% to the gift cert.

dont lilke it. just went to a place where i bought a $50 gift with my dinner. you got it, the added 15% to the gift cert.

That dont seem right, I bought a $100 gift card at Perkins and they only charge me the $100

royboy

EOG Dedicated

it's fine with me, i know it would suck to serve a large group, do a good job, and get stiffed. i always make sure to look at the receipt to see whether or not it's been added.

yes, very likely they are not recieving most if any of that tip...

I had a friend who work for Godfathers they add $2 delivery charge which he got to keep becaause some people dont tip and he uses his own car and gas.

I always tip on top of the delivery charge he said many folks dont but some do.

Tuckman

Uh Poster

I had a friend who work for Godfathers they add $2 delivery charge which he got to keep becaause some people dont tip and he uses his own car and gas.

when i was younger, i used to deliver pizza, there was a delivery charge and i recieved 1/2 of it for each stop...i would rather take my chances without the charge and get what i could, lots of people dont add more for you if they relize thats included..

Speaking of Tips

Donald Trump Leaves $10,000 Tip on $82 Bill
Thursday , December 06, 2007

Donald Trump isn't a cheapskate when it comes to good service.

The real-estate mogul left a $10,000 tip on an $82.27 bill Monday at a restaurant in Santa Monica, California

Billy D., a waiter at the Buffalo Club, got the gargantuan tip after the Donald complimented him on his dinner service, Derober.com reported. Trump and a colleague had dined on pasta and soup with cappuccinos for dessert.

?What?s the biggest tip you ever got?? Trump reportedly asked Billy.

?Jerry Bruckheimer comes in a lot," Billy responded. "He tipped me $500 on a $1,000 check once.?

?You?re very good at your job," Trump then told the waiter.

When the down-on-his-luck waiter saw the tip Trump left, he couldn't believe it, the site reported.

"I actually tried calling his office to say thanks, which is impossible," he told Derober.com. "So if you?re reading this, Mr. Trump, thank you!?

I don't like it either, but I am less resentful if they note it on the menu since it's not customary to include tips on the bill (for small parties).

Rxx

EOG Veteran

i like it. i travel to Europe alot and like the fact that service charges are on the bill. Get the bill, pay the bill. no worries. Only part i dont like is that they are adding on that percentage to inflated wine prices as well.

what i dont like is the percentage creep of the tip. its getting that 20% is expected and that 25% is for exceptional service.

stump

EOG Veteran

i'm ok if its a big dinner party, but when they add it just because i think it sucks.
too many jobs expect tips now, just do your job.

Fucking communism. Why should a waiter bust their ass if they are guaranteed a tip? Back in the day they had another word for a tip upfront. They called it extortion.

husker

EOG Addicted

i don't like the idea of tipping for someone doing their job. the employer should pay them their salary and charge the customer what they have to for the service provided. if you want someone to do something extra, then you can tip them for the EXTRA service provided.

i don't like the idea of tipping for someone doing their job. the employer should pay them their salary and charge the customer what they have to for the service provided. if you want someone to do something extra, then you can tip them for the EXTRA service provided.
You realize the way the majority of the states have it setup Waiters/Waitresses make only like $2 to $3 dollars an hour and RELY on their tips??

Tuckman

Uh Poster

You realize the way the majority of the states have it setup Waiters/Waitresses make only like $2 to $3 dollars an hour and RELY on their tips??

its at like 3.90 in NYS

still way low and they definatly rely on tips, not their 25 doller paychecks for a 30 hour work week..

its at like 3.90 in NYS

still way low and they definatly rely on tips, not their 25 doller paychecks for a 30 hour work week..
Exactly Tuck... I used to work in the Hamptons every summer when i was younger (early to mid 90's) and made $2.33 a hour. Didn't even get a $25 check..It read "Void" on each one.

husker

EOG Addicted

yes. i said the employer should pay the waiters appropriately, and charge the customers what he has to to cover his expenses.

dirty

EOG Master

Waiters and Waitresses make $2.13 an hour in GA plus Tips.... Bartenders Day shift make $5 a hour plus tips (less business). Bartenders Night shift make anywhere from $2.13 to $5 a hour depending on How many there are and if they have to split Tips with Bar Backs as well as the Waiter/Waitress.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Speaking of Tips

Donald Trump Leaves $10,000 Tip on $82 Bill
Thursday , December 06, 2007

Donald Trump isn't a cheapskate when it comes to good service.

The real-estate mogul left a $10,000 tip on an $82.27 bill Monday at a restaurant in Santa Monica, California

Trump is a VERY smart man - he KNEW this guy would let all know and this FREE publicity Trump got was worth many times more than the $10k he left - and since the meal will probably be written off on his taxes he didn't spend that much

I've heard that this 10k tip story is nothing but a bunch of BS and that Trump's whiny ass is pissed about it.

FOXNews.com - Blogger: Story About Donald Trump's $10,000 Tip Was Fake - Celebrity Gossip | Entertainment News | Arts And Entertainment

Thats funny, every media outlet wants to be the first with breaking news these days maybe they should do their homework and confirm their stories before they run them.

$5 standard to the pizza guy, even if delivery charge is included

waco

EOG Dedicated

Hell, I just found out last week that they were adding 15%. I was tipping 20% on top of that. I didn"t even look at the bill. A buddy told me last week. I go to a 55 screen sports bar every Sunday. I WILL check out the bill today. No wonder they took care of me. I have been giving a 35% TIP.

I work at 212 Restaurant & Bar on 65th and Lexington. I dislike serving Europeans, they leave me 10% tip or less. For a group of * or more it's 20%, i expect a 20% tip every time. Not all of them but most of them. (Brits) ( French)

We do not get paid per hour, the owner basically takes our hourly wages and uses them as "TAX money" which means that our tips get fucken taxed.

Also remember that i have to tip our 21% to busser 22% to runner and 5% to bar back. So i keep 50% of all my tips.

I can still make very good money but i have to bust my ass and deal with picky costumers.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

Funny thing happened couple of weeks ago

Got the ticket/bill from the waiter, and something was wrong on there, and when I asked him if it was correct, he answered with a straight face......... "Yes, but the tip isn't included on there" :LMAO

He had already ASSUMED he was going to be tipped, which even though I do always tip & get into arguements with my partner about how much at times, I thought it showed a bit of low class........

I think this is a generational issue. Many of the under 40 adults are use to seeing this charge on their bill. While those older don't like the idea of tipping for crappy service. Far as pizza delivery, we call the shop ahead of time and ask if the driver gets a cut for delivery. When they arrive, we ask the driver. If the answer is the same, they get $10 if not $2 or $3. Hate being lied to. Customer service workers should earn the extra cash (tip) not expect it.

The Devil

EOG Master

I think this is a generational issue. Many of the under 40 adults are use to seeing this charge on their bill. While those older don't like the idea of tipping for crappy service. Far as pizza delivery, we call the shop ahead of time and ask if the driver gets a cut for delivery. When they arrive, we ask the driver. If the answer is the same, they get $10 if not $2 or $3. Hate being lied to. Customer service workers should earn the extra cash (tip) not expect it.

I tip for crappy service......overtip for good service.....