TENN. TECH AT SEMO 12-8

pool

EOG Senior Member
For those that don't know me my games are rated 1-5 units,

I wanted to get this play out now as I think the line will move up some. I'll be back with a writeup on it in an hour or so.

5 SEMO -2

pool

EOG Senior Member
Re: TENN. TECH AT SEMO 12-8

5 SEMO -2

Tenn. Tech has been the biggest disappointment in the OVC this year. They only have 1 win against a Div. 1 school and that came thursday night at Eastern Ill. EIU has a rpi rating of 341 which is last in Div. 1. I was on Tenn. Tech in that game but don't let the final score fool you. TTU won the game by 19 points but they had jumped out to a 15-0 lead to start the game. TTU's struggles have been puzzling because they do have talent.

SEMO on the other hand looked much better in their win against Tenn. St. thursday night. They actually had a good defensive game. TSU is one of the top 3pt. shooting teams in the OVC and SEMO held them to 9-34 26.5%. The biggest difference in SEMO this year is they have become a good offensive team. They are shooting .470 from the floor and .368 from three. While these aren't great numbers they are much better than last year and will only get better now that conference play has started. Last year SEMO had no depth. This year we go 11 deep without much dropoff in talent. Two of our top players don't even start but in this system that doesn't matter.

This game should have close to the same tempo as the game thursday with TSU. TTU likes to play uptempo so expect another high scoring game. From what I've seen so far I don't believe there is any team in the OVC that can run with us. TSU was the team that I thought could keep up since that's the style they like also and they have a lot of athelets but SEMO was just a notch above them. I have a couple of other OVC games I like and will post those tomorrow as I'm still checking on a few things.

pool

EOG Senior Member

AUSTIN PEAY at EVANSVILLE

I just don't understand this line. Can the books put that much weight into Evansville beating Princeton that bad? I know Evansville is a much better team at home but this team is much worse than the team they put on the floor last year. When I run into a spot like this I try not to over analize the game to find out why I think the line looks funny. It comes down to this. AP was the preseason favorite to win the OVC by EVERYONE. Evansville has already lost to Samford and SEMO of the OVC. I'm sorry, if it's a trap you got me. I won't be around during the night games because I'll be at the SEMO game. One thing to keep in mind is if AP has a bad first half their coach is VERY good at making halftime adjustments.

3 AUSTIN PEAY +1.5

TENN. STATE at EASTERN ILLINOIS

On paper this should be a blowout. TSU is much more athletic with more weapons. The only thing that gives me pause in this game is that TSU has a history of snaching defeat from the jaws of victory in games like this. Until EIU shows me something I'll keep fading them in games with a short line. They aren't ranked 341 in the rpi for nothing.

3 TENN. STATE -3

I have small leans to Tenn-Martin and Morehead but I don't know if I'm going to pull the trigger on them or not. I might have a total play or two when those lines come out.

G/L to everyone

Followed Pool last season at another site--he is $$$$ with his SEMO picks--got SEMO-2- this morning. Good Luck Pool and glad your here at EOG.

pool

EOG Senior Member

Followed Pool last season at another site--he is $$$$ with his SEMO picks--got SEMO-2- this morning. Good Luck Pool and glad your here at EOG.

Tks., Hogan. I'll stop by from time to time with some of my OVC plays. It's a good forum.

Orca

EOG Member

Tks., Hogan. I'll stop by from time to time with some of my OVC plays. It's a good forum.

Pool,

Glad to see you posting your OVC plays. I know you from another site from last year. If you're also posting at another location I'd be greatful for an email on where else you post. I have great respect for your insight. Thanks and best of luck.

Joe

pool

EOG Senior Member

Pool,

Glad to see you posting your OVC plays. I know you from another site from last year. If you're also posting at another location I'd be greatful for an email on where else you post. I have great respect for your insight. Thanks and best of luck.

Joe

ORCA: Just ask a mod for my e-mail address and then shoot me an e-mail and I'll get back to you.

pool

EOG Senior Member

RE-CAP

Austin Peay has a rare second half collapse and loses by 10 at Evansville. This is a very bad loss for AP. Tenn. St. wins by 2 while giving up 3. I really hate this team. They are the most unpredictable team I know. If they can't cover 3 at E. Ill. they can't cover as a road favorite against any team in the conference.

SEMO wins by ten but it really wasn't that close. For two games in a row now against two of the most athletic teams in the conference besides us, SEMO has come out the second half and hit another gear and the opposition had no answer. SEMO is a much better team than they were two weeks ago. We still have too many TO but our rebounding and defense is getting better. We now have 10 days off and then it's on the road to Samford and Jax. St.