VA.TECH -VS- ODU TODAY!!

SHRINK what time are you picking me up?? Or should I come down to the house?
Is the glue attending with the small fries??

Is Scarlett going??

DETAILS MAY'N!! I NEED DETAILS!!!:houra

Re: VA.TECH -VS- ODU TODAY!!

I think we should respect Va. Tech like a lot of the colleges across the country have done this season and politely applaud when their players are introduced and respect them for what they have endured this year.

Once the game starts then it's back to good old support for the Monarchs. Some of the students that were injured are from Hampton Roads and two of the students killed were from here. If their families are in attendance it would be nice to show the love and respect we gave Va. Tech back in April.

GO ODU!!!!!!!

This is becoming one helluva rivalry the past few years with each team winning at HOME...

Tuckman

Uh Poster

it should be customer appreciation day for us eog'ers.. u let us get our bet down 1st before u kill the line :+excited-

Just found this column, which may be interesting for some of you to read...

Old Dominion University’s men’s basketball team has already played top-ranked North Carolina, No. 5 Georgetown, No. 15 Clemson and No. 22 Louisville.

Those are two ACC powers and the co-favorites in the Big East.

It’s been an ambitious schedule – some may say too ambitious. But, in the process, the Monarchs (5-4) might have made themselves better in the long run by exposing a young, inexperienced squad to superior competition.

“What’s the worst thing that can happen?” ODU coach Blaine Taylor said.

“You might not win. That’s it. And when you don’t, it’s not the end of the world.”

In the caste system that is college basketball, the Monarchs play in a mid-major conference, the Colonial Athletic Association. But they do not resign themselves to a mid-major menu when scheduling nonconference games.

And when they take on ACC member Virginia Tech today at 4 p.m. at the sold-out Constant Center, it will be the fifth time in 10 games against a BCS conference team .

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!

it should be customer appreciation day for us eog'ers.. u let us get our bet down 1st before u kill the line :+excited-

hey tuckman speak for yourself...my 20 bucks make lines jump.:LMAO it's just that they move against me.

pioneer

EOG Dedicated

And when they take on ACC member Virginia Tech today at 4 p.m. at the sold-out Constant Center, it will be the fifth time in 10 games against a BCS conference team .

WTF difference does that make in hoops? They decide their champion on the playing field/floor in hoops. I do admire the Monarchs tough schedule, but just the mention of the BCS gets me riled!!!!

I attended a practice this week and ODU is pissed abut the following:

Virginia Tech coach Seth Greenberg said the ODU-Virginia Tech series, which is in the final year of a four-year contract, will take a hiatus. Although the series has produced entertaining and competitive games, he says he isn’t sure when it might start up again – if ever.

“I’ve got to do what’s in the best interest for our program in the long term,” Greenberg said. “We’re looking at some national TV games, looking to play in some exempt events, trying to work a home-and-home with another school from a BCS conference.

“I’m not saying we’ll never play ODU again, but we have a scheduling philosophy that might not include ODU.” That’s why ODU assistant coach Jim Corrigan is always on the prowl for a team looking for a game. No nonconference contract lasts forever and Corrigan has been Taylor’s “hunting dog” when it comes to scheduling .

Tuckman

Uh Poster

here we go a last second 3 that will be meaningless will ruin the cover by a 1/2 i can feel it

MCP

as dick enberg would say... OH MY..

ODU wins by 3... but missed a layup as time expired

The Devil

EOG Master

THOSE 1/2 POINTS SURE ADD UP.........GOOD GAME TO BE AT AND HAVE THE WINNER..............

Devil,

My nails are all gone!

The Monarchs are now 6-4 on the season, with all four losses coming to nationally ranked programs. :dancefool

VA TECH refuses to play ODU any longer...

Yeah, losing 4 out of 5 will make you end a contract..... I guess it makes it hard to recruit in Hampton Roads when the hometown team is kicking your arse every year!

When you're used to beating a team year in and year out, not a big deal. I just hope since Tech wont be renewing the contract that we can find a little HIGHER PROFILE team to fill that void...

that was a very exciting game... and a couple of great dunks for a change..

the guy washington on vt showed flashes of greatness, but couldn't hit a foul shot for love of money.. and he just tried to do too much..

i started to get a little nervous and i thought we might loss the game, but odu put a press on late in the second and stole two passes and tech never got back in the grove.

i don't see tech winning very often in the acc... they couldn't catch odu when they started poorly in the second half and i don't see them catching any of the acc teams if they are behind by 10 at the half..

we took the glue's son and one of his friends to the game...and they kept the mood loose.. kids are so upbeat.. it was nice..

the tech fans were getting loud in the second..

AND THIS IS FUNNY!!

as we were walking out some tech fans were crying and the glue says REAL LOUD!!

'' wait until we get our football team and we'll kick their ass too!! ''

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

If any of you watched the game, I'd love to hear your take..

I know that ODU can't play much better than they did in the first half..

They were lights out...

The one thing that bothered me was the fact we got KILLED on the boards...

Va Tech has some big strong Men who are very athletic...

They played very well, too which made for a great game!

Ken