SEMO at JAX. ST.

pool

EOG Senior Member
After a VERY sluggish 1H at Samford where SEMO shot 26.9% and only scored 21 points SEMO shook off the rust from the 10 day layoff and put togeather a good 2H shooting 50% and scoring 42 points to get the come from behind win. We won't have to worry about a sluggish 1H in this game. What I like the most about this game is Jax. St. likes to play an up tempo game. This plays right into SEMO's strength. Jax. St. just doesn't have the talent to keep up with SEMO. On top of that they just lost one of their top inside players, Dorien Brown, as he was ruled academically ineligible for the second semester and is no longer on the roster. Jax. St. has yet to beat a D1 school this year.

All of last year and thru the early games this year I've been very critical of SEMO's defense (or lack of defense). But I stated a few weeks ago that when conference play started against Tenn. St. that SEMO was a different team. They were finally showing signs of becoming the team that I knew they could be. So to satisfy my own curiosity I went back and did the stats for the games including Tenn. St. and the games after. That's three conference games. In those games SEMO is holding the opposition to shooting 39.8% from the floor and 31% from three. SEMO is shooting 45.5% from the floor and 43.1% from three. SEMO is +5 rebounds per game. That is EXCELLENT DEFENSE. They have also put togeather some very strong 2H's to put games away. The one major problem continues to be TO. I think SEMO wins this one about 87-73. I usually don't get nearly as many units involved in a game as I did in the Samford game but If this line goes to a pk or SEMO -1 I'm moving all in again.

7 SEMO -4

Tuckman

Uh Poster
Re: SEMO at JAX. ST.

it seems to be going up, not dropping down for you to push all in, still like them - 5.5?

pool

EOG Senior Member

it seems to be going up, not dropping down for you to push all in, still like them - 5.5?

I think SEMO wins by small double digits but the further it goes up from 4 the less I like it. The further it drops from 4 the better I like it.

pool

EOG Senior Member

As you might guess this was a hard game to watch. First let's look at the stats.

JAX. ST.
FG 3PT FT RB TO
30-68 12-27 8-11 32 11
44.1% 44.4% 72.7%

SEMO
31-57 8-16 11-20 41 18
54.4% 50% 55%

Jax. St. is the worst FT shooting team in the country at 49.7% coming into this game. SEMO came in shooting 68.9%. If both teams shoot their avg. SEMO covers. Once again the pts. off of TO killed SEMO. I don't have those stats yet but I know there was a big difference. The one thing that stands out for me from watching this game is. In the first three conference games whenever the other team made a run at us in the second half we just hit a higher gear than they had and hit them back. In this game we never came back at them like in the other games. For the first 10 min. of the game we looked intense and into the game. Then we just seemed to lose our intensity and never get it back. Give Jax. St. some credit for hitting a lot of big 3 point shots. They had one player hit 8 of them. They went thru one spell in the second half where they made everything they through up and every loose ball bounced to them. This is a tough bet to lose because they should have easily covered. Sorry for the loss guys.

I hope you can understand the stats. FG---3PT---FT---RB---TO