Remember crying about paying $15 for a NT ?

those were the good old days !

some books even paid the instant charge to get the deposit.

Then you could even sometimes get a payout in under an hour at places like Pinny,Bet365,Bowman's,Bodog,etc.

I miss those days !

Is this a quality post ?

MikeOswald

EOG Dedicated
Re: Remember crying about paying $15 for a NT ?

I also miss these days, I am trying to pull $300+ out of Atlas but they want to hit me for $40 for a check and $60 for WU....no thanks, I'll keep playing and try to double that to make it worth my while to cash-out. I hate paying fees to withdraw.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

It seems like so long ago that NT was running and everyone was happy, well most of us. I will say that some books have gotten creative and the turnaround time is pretty quick and easy. More expensive that is for sure but what choice do we have.

I agree. The Greek taking $35 for a w'd is robbery. I wish I could charge a $35 fee everytime I paid a bill.

Along with the overcharging, they milk you for any personal info they can.

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

Aaah...Neteller. The good old days. Nowadays, I have to go to a local Western Union or Moneygram, or if I am really lucky, some places may accept my credit card.

roseman

EOG Dedicated

Aaah...Neteller. The good old days. Nowadays, I have to go to a local Western Union or Moneygram, or if I am really lucky, some places may accept my credit card.

I will say that the MG option seems to be, and I dont want to jinx it, easier than it ever has. JMO, but the last 3 I have done, in and out, only takes a couple minutes. Now granted, sometimes the problem is not the process, its the retard behind the counter.

It's hard to say who is worse for me, the moneygram schlub or the wench at the credit union who won't cash my checks. I end up just going to my other bank to get them cashed, but that's a hassle because it's a half hour away. I agree though, all in all, the process isn't that bad.

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

I will say that the MG option seems to be, and I dont want to jinx it, easier than it ever has. JMO, but the last 3 I have done, in and out, only takes a couple minutes. Now granted, sometimes the problem is not the process, its the retard behind the counter.

How often can one use Moneygram to send money without raising a red flag?

dirty

EOG Master

you guys just don't understand the fees involved in sending all these payments these top books have to pay...$35 is a steal

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

you guys just don't understand the fees involved in sending all these payments these top books have to pay...$35 is a steal

Agreed, but you also need to understand that when a player posts up money, he is "losing money" in terms of not getting interest on your post up money. If you use a local, you dont have thousands of dollars just sitting in an account, earning zero interest.

dirty

EOG Master

Agreed, but you also need to understand that when a player posts up money, he is "losing money" in terms of not getting interest on your post up money. If you use a local, you dont have thousands of dollars just sitting in an account, earning zero interest.

To counterpoint... Most players don't do that at shops... they have a good week and then withdraw...just like they did with Neteller... then have to send it back a few weeks later.... They don't leave it offshore...the fees eat up more than any interest they could make....

RealSlimShady

EOG Dedicated

To counterpoint... Most players don't do that at shops... they have a good week and then withdraw...just like they did with Neteller... then have to send it back a few weeks later.... They don't leave it offshore...the fees eat up more than any interest they could make....

True. I tend not to do that....maybe I am the exception. But I do make so many interbook transfers between TheGreek and Matchbook that I won't be surprised if they start charging me for that privilege! :LMAO

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

once a month for $500

the last time i used moneygram, they held up the transfer for a few hours while they called me wanting to know why i was sending money to panama,
and i was only sending $500.

I liked Neteller just fine, but the 8.9% instant transfer was killing me WAY MORE than the current fees you guys are bitching about.

I still dont undertsand why no one is paying only $2 to deposit and getting free one hour withdrawals with the best book here. It's WAY beter than it ever was in the past... (except for the nicer lines with lost Pinnacle)

PO69

EOG Master

Good post aces!!

That 8.9% was just a killer!!!!! The worse thing is that the better who is a habitual loser was the guy who was paying the 8.9%

A lot of books used to pay the 8.9% for you. Mansion was great, you could get them to pay it, make one bet, then take it out the next day, and send it wherever.

PO69

EOG Master

Well even with books paying the fee, that was bad for the books!

I am not a stick money in and play with it for months kind of guy. I might put in $1500 a couple times every few months, play with it hard, and either pull it out in a few days and buy something expensive I was shooting for, or lose it all trying.

I always paid the 8.9% and just factored it into what I additionally needed to win. I was regularly paying NT hundreds of dollars a month.

No longer.

To counterpoint... Most players don't do that at shops... they have a good week and then withdraw...just like they did with Neteller... then have to send it back a few weeks later....

Why do people send $$$ back and forth this frequently? Like you said they just end up sending it back the next week, such a hassle. I leave balances in books months on months at a time, till I reach a goal or go broke trying. If I do reach my goal, I always enough there so I can continue to play, unless the rare case where I'm done with the book all together. I can see interbook trans. to get the best #, but constantly dep. and w/d of funds is a pain in the ass and expensive for the books, I don't blame them for charging for frequent transfers. One w/d a month should be enough for a disciplined player, and a lot of the reputable ones give it free of charge.

dirty

EOG Master

Why do people send $$$ back and forth this frequently? Like you said they just end up sending it back the next week, such a hassle. I leave balances in books months on months at a time, till I reach a goal or go broke trying. If I do reach my goal, I always enough there so I can continue to play, unless the rare case where I'm done with the book all together. I can see interbook trans. to get the best #, but constantly dep. and w/d of funds is a pain in the ass and expensive for the books, I don't blame them for charging for frequent transfers. One w/d a month should be enough for a disciplined player, and a lot of the reputable ones give it free of charge.

I have no clue.... but they do... I guess the same reason they will stop at a gas station every day and put in $10 Bucks instead of filling the damn thing up.... or at least putting enough in to get them thru the week... Makes them feel better to only lose a little at a time, or makes them feel like they have won when the ask for a Withdrawal.....

I am the same as you.... I keep my balances in the books... I hate sending the Money... so I just keep it there... if I desperately need something extra I may make a withdrawal, but not usually.