Tim's plays and why for 01/13

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated
I am in a very good position this morning.

I have Indy on the 3rd leg of a 10 point teaser. Large wager.
All I need is an Indy win, +1 is a push.
I wagered 9 units to win 7.

So, with that in mind I have taken the Giants on the ML, 1 unit to win $255.

If Indy loses then I have crashed and burned today.

I do not recommend any follow my Giants wager. Because I am anticipating an Indy win I chose to try to make a killing. A 1 unit loss off a 7 unit winning day is not bad.

So far, no totals plays. Not sure if I'll touch the 1st game.
May play the total on the 2nd pending the outcome of the 1st.

Tim

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated
Re: Tim's plays and why for 01/13

I layed off in the 2nd half.
I was sure Indy would have a big lead.

I've got the Chargers +7 in the 2nd half.
Don't follow my lead. I am only trying to protect a large position I have on Indy at +1 for the game.

munson15

I want winners...

I layed off in the 2nd half.
I was sure Indy would have a big lead.

I've got the Chargers +7 in the 2nd half.
Don't follow my lead. I am only trying to protect a large position I have on Indy at +1 for the game.
Smart move, GL!

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

I believe I made one mistake in what I did today (many of you will say it was not getting on the Chargers instead of Indy, LOL).

No. My mistake was I picked the Giants on the ML before the Indy game was over. As a matter of fact it was before the game had started. I was that confident of the outcome, and boy was I wrong.

Now, I may have chosen to take the points or the total.
I was going for the kill because I thought my first wager was in the bag.

Live and learn.

Tim

I'm not sure what your other legs of the 3-team 10 point teaser was:

I had:

GB/Sea o 33
NE -3
IND +0.5

I feel your pain
Thought today would be ez.
Whats worse was, I was all in.

:hung

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

Tool, I feel your pain.
My first two legs were on the two straight up winners yesterday.

As it turned out, my ML on the Giants cashed and I had the under in the same game.
I still lost for the day but instead of a huge loss it turned out a small loss.
I can't complain.
I am very lucky I got back most of the money. It took three wagers though:Chargers 2nd half, Giants ML, Giants under.
Still, 3 winners, 1 loser and I lost for the day. Ouch. Must have been a poor money management decision.

I hope I can learn from this.

TP, I am glad you got some back. Nice move on the 2nd half! Also, with the gutsy ML of the Gmen. I play a few teasers here and there. I like 3 team sweetheart teasers moving 10 pts. It always looks good teasing down small chalk and getting a few. But, as many would probably argue with me, most of my winners come from teasing big dogs. Not like SF or St. L, but if I can find a few dogs getting 11 or more and tease them to 21. Looking back I would have loved to have Jags, Chargers, Giants. Hell, that would have won on a parlay. Hindsight makes me mad sometimes! I thought you had a winner for sure though!

Woody

EOG Veteran

I am very lucky I got back most of the money. It took three wagers though:Chargers 2nd half, Giants ML, Giants under.
Still, 3 winners, 1 loser and I lost for the day. Ouch. Must have been a poor money management decision.

I hope I can learn from this.

Glad you got most of your money back Tim.

I started off with a middle based on teasing Pats/Colts and Chargers/Giants.

I've got Colts-2.5 and Chargers+16.

Then when the Chargers were driving to go ahead early in the 3rd I hedged the Colts-2.5 with a polish middle.

Glad I hedged my Colts-2.5 with a Chargers win.

Can't read these refs at all.

I got the Chargers ML +440 at Matchbook. My reason for replying is to suggest that you consider using in play betting (if you don't already). When used judiciously it can often save your day.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Didn't the Colts get just about EVERY call yesterday as well?? Was there really a hold (is it a hold to get thrown to the ground?) on the interception for a TD at the end of the first half? This game was closer than it should have been. Colts couldn't run all day, and Peyton did what peyton does best (cough up the ball). I applaud the Chargers' second string team keeping it together to win this game. Billy Volek wins the day without LT!

Glad the Giants came through for you Tim. Good call.

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

Thanks for everyone's comments. We've all got a few days now to break down what we think will happen in the championship games.