Tool's One play a day with modified chase method

tool21

EOG Dedicated
I'm a strong believer in chase systems, always have been. It takes a great person to beat the books flat betting, although it takes time and patience, but an average better can be successful with some type of chase system. Money management is the key and it has to be set up with knowledge in mind.

I will have one play a day until the end of the season using a modified chasing system. Starting bankroll will be 280$ and the starting wager will be 7$. All wagers are to win that amount.

I'm doing this for myself. If you want to follow, you can do so. If you want to ask questions, do so.

Re: Tool's One play a day with modified chase method

of all the games slated tonite, why are you starting with the knicks? any system/method behind that selection?

also, will you allow for a cut-off point where you will bow out of the chase? if so, after how many losses in a row? if the knicks lose tonite, will you wait to wager on them next game or start a new chase on a different team tomorrow while also staying on the chase with the knicks? also, if the knicks lose, the next time that they play, will you try to recoup your initial investment or try double up (7 + 7)?

tool21

EOG Dedicated

of all the games slated tonite, why are you starting with the knicks? any system/method behind that selection?

This is the same method that i've been using in my other thread that i've had success with. It is hitting higher than 55% through 150 plays.

I have the line at NJ -1.78 so I think NY is my best bet for tonight.

Last edited:

tool

just asking. because some of pac man's hockey method works off of
1> against a team on road after road win (as long as dog)
2> on a team at home after a home loss (as long as fav)
etc.

thanks for the reply

tool21

EOG Dedicated

also, will you allow for a cut-off point where you will bow out of the chase? if so, after how many losses in a row? if the knicks lose tonite, will you wait to wager on them next game or start a new chase on a different team tomorrow while also staying on the chase with the knicks? also, if the knicks lose, the next time that they play, will you try to recoup your initial investment or try double up (7 + 7)?

The best way i can explain is to give an example for consecutive loses.

My starting bet 7$
2nd bet 14$
3rd bet 21$

If i lose these three then i move on to another section

4th bet 14$
5th bet 28$
6th bet 42$

If i lose these three then i move on to another section

7th bet 21$
8th bet 42$
9th bet 63$

Now this is for consecutive losses. If i'm on the 2nd bet of section 2 which would be 28$ and i win that one, i return to the first bet of section 2 until i make up the money that i lost from section 1 and same with other sections. 9 consecutive losses will lose it all.

I do not chase teams if they lose. I look at the days card and i do process of elimination to come to a solid play for that day.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

tool

just asking. because some of pac man's hockey method works off of
1> against a team on road after road win (as long as dog)
2> on a team at home after a home loss (as long as fav)
etc.

thanks for the reply

I do not take this into consideration when picking my plays.

jacksonjohn

EOG Enthusiast

I'm a strong believer in chase systems, always have been. It takes a great person to beat the books flat betting, although it takes time and patience, but an average better can be successful with some type of chase system. Money management is the key and it has to be set up with knowledge in mind.

I will have one play a day until the end of the season using a modified chasing system. Starting bankroll will be 280$ and the starting wager will be 7$. All wagers are to win that amount.

I'm doing this for myself. If you want to follow, you can do so. If you want to ask questions, do so.

Willl you still be posting your regular flat bets, or just the chase system?

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Willl you still be posting your regular flat bets, or just the chase system?

I'm just going to stick with the chase system. I cashed out some money, needed to put 4 tires on my car so i'm only left with 280 buckos. This is my project in the works right now!!

tool21

EOG Dedicated

NY Knicks +7.5 7.70 to win 7 Won

1-0 +7$ +1unit

tool21

EOG Dedicated

long-time lurker, just starting out on the forum...tool I really like your style, except in calculating the amount necessary in placing bets, aren't you forgetting the juice? I know that would take forever to figure out and changes depending on your bet anyways, but I am curious if that does make a significant change on the amounts you have to bet in order for your system to work...not trying to be a pain but just curious...keep up the great picks!

Good question. If this were a regular chase system where you MUST win MORE THAN you have lost on previous games then i would include the juice. But this is modified and from what i saw putting this together, the juice should have no effect on the outcome as in profit or loss.

This method is and isn't a chase system. The reason behind that statement is because it takes into account that the more you lose the more you're going to bet to recoup your loses - which is what a chase system is. Where it isn't like a chase system is that you don't 'double up' how much you've lost in the past like other chase systems.

I'm confident i can hit atleast 52% picking one play everyday throughout the rest of the season. The method i'm using will maximize my profit (or loss :() by adding money to every loss. Hell i could hit 40% and still make profit using this BUT the losses must be timely. 9 losses in a row will bust this system wide open and i will be broke. The chances of losing 9 games in a row at 50% apiece is less than a .02% chance. The other way i could loss this is by having untimely losses. For example, Lose 4, Win 1, Lose 4, Win 1, Lose 4 and bad streaks not limited to that. I'm putting faith in my handicapping method of NBA games that i won't have a streak like that. If i use process of elimination picking my games i will only be left with THE BEST out of a system that has hit around 55% religiously all around. Even 60% is def. achievable picking only the best of the best.

Finance

EOG Veteran

Hi Tool - went to a bball game last night and missed this - if I am correct since you won last night you start over at $7 for tonight (assuming any plays tonight with the limited card)?
Thanks for all of the work!!

tool21

EOG Dedicated

You are correct. Looking at the games now, have class at 11, probably post something around 1.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Looking at Utah under. Haven't bet it yet but will wait till around 1 if i'm going to bet it.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

I like your trying this and atching the results. I have werked on a similar system ATS for 8 or 9 years now and have won each year.

SSI

EOG Dedicated

i love "thinking outside the box"

with a much larger bankroll, would you suggest simply upping the amounts or would you suggest playing more than one play at a time..........

sort of like: opening one set for larger amounts or a bunch of sets for smaller amounts...........

tool21

EOG Dedicated

i love "thinking outside the box"

with a much larger bankroll, would you suggest simply upping the amounts or would you suggest playing more than one play at a time..........

sort of like: opening one set for larger amounts or a bunch of sets for smaller amounts...........

I'm only going to have maximum one play a day for this modified chase system. Bankroll should have 40 times your initial wager and the percentages set up the same for each level of the loss. I don't think it's possible to use 'sets of games' and if it was a losing day to start to chase these on another 'set of games' the next day. Two many different scenarios about how much you lose one day then how much must you win the next day and i don't like that. Like i said before, if this is properly set up it can make an average better make a lot of money....books make you beat yourself. 50% is achieveable with a blind, deaf, dumb guy. I guess we'll see how this goes. Check back from time to time.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Utah at Denver under 221 (-115)
Denver under's have burnt me a lot in the past. But gambling has no memory and neither do i.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Utah at Denver under 221 (-115) Loss -8.05

1-1 -1.05$

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Minnesota and Phoenix under 210 15.40 to win 14

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Minnesota and Phoenix under 210 15.40 to win 14 Push

Just saw this ....like it ....hate the NBA....is it too late to jump in:cheers

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Just saw this ....like it ....hate the NBA....is it too late to jump in:cheers

Nope. I've only played 2 games so far. I'm on game 2 right now of the 'chase' so make sure you're aware of this and adjusting the units properly.

Last edited:

snake

EOG Member

Tool...I was looking at your modified system here and if I'm not mistaken the results you will achieve will not deviate that much from just straight up bets.

Let me see if I understand the system correctly though...if you lose 4 in a row, your fifth bet will be at the $28 level (second group, second bet level), right? Then, if you win this game, your next bet is at $14 (second group, first bet level). Then, if you win this game, your next bet is back to $7, right?

If that's correct, then I think you'd be just as well off playing straight $7 bets every game, rather than ratcheting the bets.

I tried three random win-loss patterns and that's the results they showed.

Just curious what scenarios you have that show this as an improved betting pattern?

Cheers.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Snake,

If i lose 4 in a row, my fifth bet would be $28 (second group, second bet level) just like you stated. BUT, if i win this bet i go back to $14 (second goup, first bet) and follow the system at the second group UNTIL i make up just about all the loses from the first group.

For example:

Bet #/ Result/ Risk/ To win/ result

1 Loss 7.7 7 -7.7
2 Loss 15.4 14 -15.4
3 Loss 23.1 21 -23.1 -46.2(in group1)
4 Loss 15.4 14 -15.4
5 Win 30.8 28 28
6 Win 15.4 14 14
7 Win 15.4 14 14
8 Win 7.7 7 7 47.6

4-4 +.2 units

Hitting 50% through 8 plays and still making some.

Last edited:

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Or i could even be creative and on the 8th bet play to win 14 which would make for even more profit. It all depends on how confident i feel on that day. :thumbsup

I'm new at this....the source from where i read it made it look so easy. But i'll manage.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Toronto -2.5 14.70 to win 14 Loss

1-2 -$15.75

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Milwaukee under 214 (-105) 22.05 to win 21

dpatch

EOG Member

Tool thanks for the play and the chase method. It's fun.
dp

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Tool thanks for the play and the chase method. It's fun.
dp

I don't know if i would call it fun....any type of chase system is never fun. They make me nervous:smokesmal

Finance

EOG Veteran

Hang in there Tool - just need to pick one winner! I'm following, although I missed the first one so my next one will be the 3 units....GL and let's find the winna' !

tool21

EOG Dedicated

If i can get Char-Dallas lower than 190 i'm taking the over.

tool21

EOG Dedicated

1-3 -37.8 / 3 losses in a row

Group 2 starts today

I'm really hoping i'm not falling into 'trap' plays. Always seems like the more i look at a game the more likely it is to lose. The plays i pick in this thread are my BEST bets and i don't think there's any way they don't cover. Maybe that's why they don't. I might be the ULTIMATE public better by all the different stats i look at. Baited and hooked. Time will tell. If this isn't successful i think i WOULD be successful fading myself.

Crazy Legs

EOG Member

NEVER let those kind of thoughts creep- into your head. You are a great capper and you must not let anything dissuade you into thinking otherwise.

We all have our up-s and downs but confidence is the one thing we should never lose.

Now rah rah that's your p-ep- talk for today! :dancefool Good Luck!

Puccini

EOG Member

Hey Tool,

I hope you don't take this the wrong way. I enjoy reading your handicapping thoughts and appreciate your skills but, to be honest, sometimes your youth shows.

I used to love chase methods. But they don't work. Period. I've tried many of them. More than I should have. They don't work mathematically, and, most importantly, they're devastating emotionally.

Just wait till you get to 6, 7, 8 losses in a row. It will happen. When all your profit is on the line you'll be consumed by your bets. And that's not a good thing. Trust me. You'll end up hating gambling.

I'd like to see you stick to one method. You were doing well betting basketball, but because you weren't hitting 60% you seemed to falter. 60% simply isnt' realistic over the long haul.

You were doing well betting dogs in hockey, but hit a bit of a rough spot and seemed to quit. You said your goal in hockey was to win 20 units. You were up plus 4 units or something like that. That's pretty good. It's not even the All-Star break.

Jumping from one thing to the next kills you. Been there, done that. My advice is to bet one way for a whole season. At the end of the season take stock and then make adjustments. And least you'll know where you stand.

It really is a marathon.

Good luck!

tool21

EOG Dedicated

Puccini,

I never liked hockey. Never watched it before. Never played it. It's just too much with NBA going on at the same time. It doesn't bother me one bit that i quite betting the NHL but if it were the NBA it would bother me. I love baseball, football, and basketball. Those are the sports i will stick to and try to cap, i just have no passion for the NHL.

As far as my NBA system that was 60%, i would just call that a good stretch. Believe it or not it was the very first NBA line projection method i put together. Very generic. I wouldn't even be able to tell you why it worked. There was a reason that every phoenix game that came up i was on the under and every Boston game i was on the over. It was poorly set up and basically was made for every team to play average defense. If next year i was still using this and every team started to play defense like Boston then i would hit 30% trying to get overs all the time. It also depended heavilly on if money was coming in on my possible play. In handicapping i always try to NEVER depend on another source for information because that source may not always be around. If a group moving the lines quits betting and the line doesn't move my system loses as well. There are always reasons why i abandon some things and it's not because i hit bad stretches of losses. It's because the flaws in the systems start to come out and i start to pick up on them and try to make changes. For every method i've ever used i could pinpoint exactly why it would fail in the long run.

My first thought was you can't defend the perfect shot. So analyze just offenses.

Problem 1. Boston plays great defense. Phoenix plays no defense. Makes false lines.

Second thought, add defense to the mix.

Problem 2. Strength of schedule falsifies the stats. Makes false lines.

Third thought, Analyze a teams stats versus who they played throughout the year.

Problem 3. Injuries and lack of situational feel. Makes false lines.

Forth thought (testing) If all of these elements point to a bet then it must have a false line!!!!!

Last edited: