Taking Molly to an NBA game today

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated
I haven't been to a live NBA game since Rick Barry was a warrior.
Haven't seen a live college game since Bill Walton came to town to play Cal.
Molly has never seen a live college or pro hoops contest.

I'm breaking the trend.

We are going to see the Timberwolves take on the Warriors in Oakland today.
Warriors are 13 1/2 point favorites with the total sitting at 213.
I lean towards the Wolves here but they have only covered 3 of their last 10.
Plus, I'd hate to be the only person in the house rooting for them.

Looking at the total.

Warrior home games average 221 points.
Timberwolves can't score though averaging a dismal 92 points on the road. However, they have lately been involved in higher scoring games.

Just because I'll be there I'm on the over. Small wager.
Final: 113 - 104, Warriors.

Re: Taking Molly to an NBA game today

Have fun... My lady is a Spurs fan and we generally go catch a came when I'm in town.

Only thing more boring than NBA basketball is the San Antonio Spurs playing NBA basketball.

dirty

EOG Master

you will have fun... You can't appreciate the athletes on TV...

GS may win this game by 20+... I don't lay huge chalk like that rarely, but Minny is a team I would think about it on the road

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

Whelp,
Quite a day at the roundball court. The warriors had the last possession and missed a couple shots and allow Minny to win their 6th game of the year.

The good news is I had the total nailed at 217 which is exactly what it landed on although I had the wrong team winning.
I spent the entire game rooting for ALL THE SHOTS to fall, LOL...
Molly and I laughed about that the entire game.

What a blast. Watching on tv does not compare.

munson15

I want winners...

Whelp,
Quite a day at the roundball court. The warriors had the last possession and missed a couple shots and allow Minny to win their 6th game of the year.

The good news is I had the total nailed at 217 which is exactly what it landed on although I had the wrong team winning.

Great that you were back in Oakland, and came away a winner! Glad you both had a good time, and that was pretty impressive calling the exact number of points to be scored. Wonder what you could have won on that?

TP,
I am glad ya'll had a great time. Seems like you have a good woman. We have to drive 2 hrs to watch Charlotte play. I do it occasionally, but it has been a while. I used to go when the Hornets were there alot. We would make it to alot of the games when they played the Lakers. Good times!

dirty

EOG Master

Whelp,

Glad to hear you had a good time... you got it right that TV does this justice....

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Tim, the Magic are literally down the street from me, and while I don't follow the NBA that closely, it is nice to go to a game every now and again - usually for me they are primo tiks - glad you had fun :cheers
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Tim Patterson

EOG Dedicated

I think I'll try to get us to a college hoops contest, too.
Cal Bears are my home team. Molly would really appreciate that, I think.
The adrenalin that flows through you in a close contest is hard to explain if you've never experienced it yourself.