Obama has become very pompous.

Re: Obama has become very pompous.

Oh yeah and Hillary is just a good-hearted person with a team of good citizens behind her? Give me a break! Worst part of Hillary is getting her husband to pander for her. Say what you want about Bill, but just unsettling to me to see a former commander in chief pandering for votes from YMCAs and school rallies. Frankly its disgusting and just further demeans the office.

dirty

EOG Master

Oh yeah and Hillary is just a good-hearted person with a team of good citizens behind her? Give me a break! Worst part of Hillary is getting her husband to pander for her. Say what you want about Bill, but just unsettling to me to see a former commander in chief pandering for votes from YMCAs and school rallies. Frankly its disgusting and just further demeans the office.

I agree.... Just being the Wife of a Ex Pres plus your policies should be enough.....

If you have to have a Former President Campaign for you ... then you shouldn't be a President

seattle slew

EOG Senior Member

I don't think he's so bad. For me, Giuliani is the most arrogant of the candidates. And maybe Fred Thompson, who thought he could no nothing and become president. Don't like Hillary either.

i don't see the problem with a husband with major influence helping his wife get elected? why not? she is better for our country than obama is!!! look at how well we were doing with mr. clinton as prez!!! obama would do fine, but he is just a tad too arrogant for my taste...

scrimmage

What you contemplate you imitate

Who are we electing Bill or Hillary

Explain

Check out the
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->The US Pres. election has already been decided.<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

<HR style="COLOR: #2b295e" SIZE=1>
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->Thread
For a possible answer/explanation to your question...

mr merlin

EOG Master

Obama has no chance - period. Apparently mexicans like blacks even less than white folks, and therefore he has no chance in the south or west. Cross him off your list!

vikingboy13

EOG Senior Member

Just remember that when Clinton left office, we had the largest surplus in U.S. history. Seven years later, look where we are. Having the hubby helping her out , to me is not such a bad thing. At least when Clinton lied, nobody died.

Just remember that when Clinton left office, we had the largest surplus in U.S. history. Seven years later, look where we are. Having the hubby helping her out , to me is not such a bad thing. At least when Clinton lied, nobody died.

Hey it is just me but he represented us for 8 years as our leader. In retirement he is supposed to be a good statesmen, much like a lot of other Presidents have been whether through writing books, going to foreign countries to resolve conflicts, or just sitting back and making an occasional statement. None have been active campaigners, not even Bush 41 going out very often to support his own son.

Think to yourself would Lincoln or Washington gone out and taken shots at a Presidential candidate like Clinton is now? Would they be smearing his name in public? Going out and occasionally saying a nice thing about Hillary would be one thing, but this is another. He is out working as hard as her trying to put his name on what a great candidate his wife is. To me that is pandering.

But hey it works, look at ID. Typical bullshit in trying to make people believe Hillary would make things the same as hubby. Ridiculous, but the American public is stupid so I should stop expecting anything out of this. Frankly I have stopped caring about this election because I damn well know we will all get on just well in spite of whoever wins.

LOL WILDBILL nice cheap shot there, sir.

i am supporting obama now. he has lost the arrogance. he's passionate again. he will win the general election, friends.

LOL WILDBILL nice cheap shot there, sir.

i am supporting obama now. he has lost the arrogance. he's passionate again. he will win the general election, friends.

Yeah you mean like how Hillary lost her attitude when she cried for the camera and then started talking all this nonsense about finding her "voice" from campaign touring? ID its all BULLSHIT!

Rxx

EOG Veteran

Bill Clinton is making alot of enemies from former allies right now. Even Bush 41 didnt really campaign for 43. I know that Billary has a far better organization in the Super Tuesday states and the demographics favor her pretty well in NY, CA, and NJ. But the tide is turning a little with Bill's lying antics in the last few days.

Finance

EOG Veteran

SC has made it interesting, but I'm afraid it just put off the rout that will happen on Super Tuesday - I agree that Bill looks mighty cheesy (and a good bit older) out there bad-mouthing Obama, but there are enough people out there still in love with him that it doesn't matter.

Obama has no chance - period. Apparently mexicans like blacks even less than white folks, and therefore he has no chance in the south or west. Cross him off your list!

No chance in the south, huh? You are quite the prognosticator, Merlin.

Obama smashes Clinton in South Carolina victory

By DAVID LIGHTMAN
McClatchy Newspapers Barack Obama cruised to a decisive victory in South Carolina's presidential primary Saturday with overwhelming support from black voters and about one-fourth of whites as well, a rout that leaves Hillary Clinton humbled and John Edwards staggering.

Clinton and her husband, the former president, fought hard in the final days to overtake the Illinois senator, or at least come close in a state where polls found she was the front-runner just last month.

Instead, she finished a distant second to Obama, while former North Carolina Sen. John Edwards ran third. Edwards' showing in his native state, where he won the 2004 primary, is a potentially lethal blow to his already-underdog campaign.

With 98 percent of precincts reporting, Obama had 55 percent of the vote to Clinton's 27 percent. Edwards had 18 percent. Exit polls showed Obama won almost every age, ideological and income group.

The result sets up a showdown between Obama, and Clinton in 22 states and American Samoa on Feb. 5, when primaries and caucuses will award a total of 1,678 pledged delegates. A candidate needs 2,205 delegates to be nominated.

Clinton tried mightily to create a no-lose scenario in South Carolina, leaving the state in mid-week to visit several Feb. 5 states while her husband, the former president, campaigned full time in South Carolina, then returning herself Thursday for a final, frenetic 48 hours of campaigning.

That would leave her campaign free to frame a comeback victory, if she scored one, as an upset, and explain second place as respectable, given expectations and the fact that she had not been here full time. But a loss is a loss, and the breadth of Obama's win clearly braked whatever momentum she had gained before.

Obama Saturday night framed the election as "the past versus the future" as he claimed victory in front of wildly cheering supporters chanting "Yes We Can" in Columbia.

"After four great contests in every corner of this country, we have the most votes, the most delegates and the most diverse coalition of Americans we've seen in a long, long time," Obama said.

"You can see it in the faces here tonight," citing the diverse crowd of supporters surrounding him, all races, and heavy with young people.
And he seemed to be targeting Clinton when he said, "We are up against the conventional thinking that says your ability to lead as president comes from longevity in Washington or proximity to the White House."

Clinton called Obama early Saturday evening to congratulate him, and issued a statement looking ahead to Florida's Tuesday primary and the Feb. 5 contests. "In the days ahead," she said, "I'll work to give voice to those who are working harder than ever to be heard."

In South Carolina, she found she could not match the passion Obama stirred in the African-American community, where he fired up emotions rarely seen in politics. Roughly 55 percent of the state's primary voters were black, and many of them came to see the effort by Obama, an African American, as a movement as much as a campaign.

Obama won an estimated 78 percent of the black vote, according to exit polls, while Clinton got 19 percent and Edwards 2 percent.
Supporters praised him in enthusiastic, even lofty terms.

"Nothing against Clinton, but Obama is making history," said Charlene Thompson, a Columbia purchasing agent.

Clinton's loss is hardly a fatal blow, but it's a setback, particularly among black voters. Many said they were uneasy with anti-Obama comments this month from both Clintons, which they saw as nasty and demeaning.

Obama, Bill Clinton said in one widely noted comment, was engaging in a "the biggest fairy tale that I have ever seen" when describing the history of his Iraq war positions. Hillary Clinton also riled many black voters by saying, "Dr. (Martin Luther) King's dream began to be realized when President Johnson passed the Civil Rights Act." Critics saw that as marginalizing Dr. King and condescending to black activism.

The Clinton rhetoric cooled by week's end, and the couple waded into the heart of the black community to try to slow Obama's momentum.

Clinton had another challenge here: To woo the white vote as native-son Edwards and his barnstorming bus tour crisscrossed the state. He did well only with white men, where he topped Clinton and Obama with 45 percent.
Edwards told supporters in Columbia he's continuing in the race. "We're giving voice to all those Americans whose voices are not being heard," he said. "Their voices were heard today in South Carolina."

Edwards rallied voters at places like Tommy's Country Ham House in Greenville with his homespun talk and his disdain for the Obama-Clinton personal battles.

"Our party needs somebody speaking in a loud clear voice for all those Americans struggling to survive," he said in a typical statement.
Edwards was hurt by a widespread perception that he can't win the nomination.

"I like Edwards and that image of an underdog. But on the other hand, his status makes me back off and wonder why he's not doing better," said Barbara Jolley, a Rock Hill secretary.

Clinton was helped by a trend that has sustained her through every contest so far - strength among women voters - but it didn't help her enough. Obama beat her among all women, but Clinton polled an estimated 42 percent of white women, compared to 36 percent for Edwards and 22 percent for Obama.

www.kansascity.com | 01/26/2008 | Obama smashes Clinton in South Carolina victory

mr merlin

EOG Master

There is a big difference between winning a democratic primary race and winning a general election dawg. I see obama got about 25% of the white democrats in SC, since most white people in SC are probably republicans, it doesnt bode well for his chances.

There is a big difference between winning a democratic primary race and winning a general election dawg. I see obama got about 25% of the white democrats in SC, since most white people in SC are probably republicans, it doesnt bode well for his chances.

Since the election isn't happening, you can't write off the primaries.

Obama will do as well as any democrat because the R's have no one, and I mean NO ONE, other than Ron Paul, that will COUNTER whomever the D's put up. All the R's will do is offer a bigger tax cut than the D's and then think they are COUNTERING the ideas of the D's by proposing a watered down version of whatever idea of program the D is campaigning on.

If Obama wins the nomination, he has as much chance as anyone else the D's would put up.

mr merlin

EOG Master

So you really believe the only chance the repubs have is Ron Paul huh? I know you like the guy, but thats ridiculous.

So you really believe the only chance the repubs have is Ron Paul huh? I know you like the guy, but thats ridiculous.

So tell me what Romney, McCain, Huckabee will offer that is one nickels worth of difference from what Clinton, Obama, Edwards would offer.