TICKER TAPE PARADE FOR GIANTS

The Devil

EOG Master
ONE THING ABOUT NEW YORK.....

YOU WIN AND YOU GET A HUGE PARADE DOWN BROADWAY........

PROBABLY BE A FEW MILLION PEOPLE THERE TOSSING CONFETTI..........

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Re: TICKER TAPE PARADE FOR GIANTS

Watching the parade on Channel 2 in lovely New Yawk City. Congratulations to the Giants and their fans!:party :party :party :party :party :party :party :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :houra :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party :party

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Kind of makes you feel good for all of the Loser Met/Jets Fans!!!!!!!!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

The Devil

EOG Master

zz the parade is nice.......but guess what finger I am holding up for you???

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Mayor Bloomberg is gonna lead off the speeches for the Giants! I think he should run for president!:dancefool :dancefool :dancefool

P.S. The Young and Restless will be broadcast at 2:05 AM.:LMAO :LMAO

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

hahahahaha

Governor takes shot at Billy boy cheating. :cocktail

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

Very, very nice ceremony. Short and sweet and classy. Just like the Giants.

dirty

EOG Master

A PARADE OF CHAMPIONS

Giants March Through 'Canyon Of Heroes' In Lower Manhattan

Featured Slideshows:
Favorite Super Bowl Ads
Star Sightings At Super Bowl

NEW YORK (CBS) ― Super Tuesday indeed.

It's estimated more than one million people filled the streets of Manhattan Tuesday, and it wasn't just so they could place their votes in the primary election. A ticker-tape parade kicked off at 11 a.m. in celebration of the New York Giants and their spectacular victory in Super Bowl XLII.

The extravaganza began on Broadway at Battery Place and moved north through a blizzard of 50 tons of confetti and streamers past the financial district and the site of the World Trade Center, before a finale at City Hall Park.

The stretch is known as the "Canyon of Heroes," where ticker-tape parades celebrating everything from Charles Lindbergh's Atlantic flight to sports championships have been held.

Super Bowl MVP Eli Manning and future Hall Of Fame defensive end Michael Strahan led the way, hoisting the Lombardi Trophy high in the air as they shared a float with Mayor Michael Bloomberg.

Fans crowded the streets donned in Big Blue gear, shouting their appreciation for the champs.

"Only in New York City can we have a great parade for such a great group of guys. I love the Giants, I love New York City," one fan told CBS 2.

The parade afforded many players an opportunity to stand on the other side of the camera for a change.

"It's a dream come true, it's amazing," defensive end Justin Tuck, who sacked Patriots quarterback Tom Brady twice in the big game, told CBS 2's Sam Ryan. "To see the fans come out and show their support like they are right now, it's unbelievealbe. I'm at a loss for words, I've never seen anything like this, I've never heard anything like this."

For many players, the reality of their stunning upset of the undefeated New England Patriots -- and New York's first Super Bowl championship since 1991 -- was slowly starting to sink in. "We got fitted for rings today, and we're going to see the reaction of the city and see all our fans," punter Jeff Feagles said. "Those are the things that make this day really special."

While the Giants have actually won three Super Bowls, the parade was the first time that they were celebrated with a ticker-tape parade. In 1987 when they won the Lombardi Trophy, Mayor Ed Koch said he wasn't going to throw a parade for "those foreigners from New Jersey."

And in 1991, the start of the Gulf War had officials feeling a parade would be ill-timed.

That makes this victory, one certainly for the ages, even more special.

"This is amazing. Words can't express how I feel right now, this is amazing," safety Gibril Wilson told CBS 2's Sam Ryan.

The parade came to an end at City Hall Plaza, but it wasn't the end of the party. An official ceremony was held there by city officials including Bloomberg. Whoopi Goldberg was called to the ceremony for opening comments.

"I want to thank the New York Giants for taking our minds off ugly politics. I want to thank the New York Giants for taking our minds of the taint on sports," she said.

The team was then introduced and brought onto the stage to the tune of Tina Turner's, "Simply the Best."

Mayor Bloomberg spoke briefly, making mention that while the Giants may not be perfect, nobody was in the NFL this season. Gov. Eliot Spitzer followed the mayor, and told the crowd he voted this morning for Head Coach Tom Coughlin for president, and Manning as vice president.

He even joked that he would have made Patriots coach Bill Belichick head of the CIA, but unfortunately his "covert operations aren't so good."

Coughlin then took the mic and thanked the crowd for their support.

"You had to experience this parade today," he said. "You talk about emotions, you talk about noise, stamina -- that parade and that show of loyalty and response to our championship was just something that we'll remember for the rest of our lives. Thank you very much!"

Strahan then took the mic and it didn't take long for fans to interrupt him as he spoke, chanting "One more year!" referring to the possibility that the veteran may retire.

"One more year?" he said. "We'll see."

Strahan then delighted the crowd with his trademark slogan and jump in the air:

"We would like to extend this to every other team in the NFL, in particularly for the last team we defeated, the New England Patriots, because you know what we did to you? We stomped you out!"

Traffic was expected to be chaotic all day, between parade traffic and Super Tuesday voters taking part in the primary. Commuters were warned to consider alternate routes to getting around the city.

To get into town, Metro North, PATH, and the Long Island Rail Road are all running extra trains. NJ Transit is adding cars to some trains, but they suggest people go to either Newark Penn Station or Hoboken, and then take the PATH into the city.

To get into lower Manhattan, the subway is your best bet. However, the MTA is recommending that you don't take the 4-5-6 trains, which will be jammed with morning commuters.

It would also be wise to skip the City Hall, Park Place, and Brooklyn Bridge stops because they'll be extremely overcrowded. Broadway is already closed between Battery Place and Chambers Street

And expect extra company at all of the Lower East River crossings and the Holland Tunnel.

wcbstv.com - A PARADE OF CHAMPIONS