BLUE JAYS!! IS THIS TEAM A CONTENDER??

They have an ace in HALLADAY and some really good young pitchers.

They have a good young core of everyday players in WELLS...RIOS...HILL..and they just added ECKSTEIN at shortstop who is a good clubhouse guy and leader..

So do they have a chance in the AL EAST??

Topflight

EOG Addicted
Re: BLUE JAYS!! IS THIS TEAM A CONTENDER??

Everything would have to go right for them while either the Bosox or Yanks have an off year for Toronto to make the playoffs. If they were in any other division they'd have a better chance.

:LMAO :LMAO :LMAO :LMAO

They finished 2nd 2006 and if BJ RYAN can come back healthy that will help them close out a few more games...

Journeyman

EOG Master

Can you imagine if Toronto played in the AL West they'd have to feel like they could contend out there almost every year, it's a strong hold in the East though, and they just can't get over the hump...really sucks.

I have liked Rios since he was a 4th outfielder 3 years ago...what an all around weapon he is.

detroitdennis

EOG Veteran

Tony, The Jays are the talk of spring training every year... But it never seems to pan out for them.. Although there young and have some decent pitching. Im passing on the Jays for this year.. The Jays have never been the same since that strike in 94.

DON'T GET ME WRONG.. I HOPE THEY FOLD LIKE A CHEAP CHAIR...

BUT I DO LIKE THEIR PITCHING STAFF...THEY GIVE MY SOX HELL..

They are a very talented team, but that division is just too tough right now. Really can't see them making the playoffs this season.

Pigpen

EOG Veteran

Joe Carter his a long one off "Wild Thing" !!!!!!!!!!!!

MadCapper

Head <in> Moderation

They have an ace in HALLADAY and some really good young pitchers.

They have a good young core of everyday players in WELLS...RIOS...HILL..and they just added ECKSTEIN at shortstop who is a good clubhouse guy and leader..

So do they have a chance in the AL EAST??

boston and nyy in same division is a killer.

NoNewbieca

EOG Dedicated

Toronto Manager Gibson is weak, and gets out-managed more often than not. Do not think that they are a playoff team, but can play spoiler. If they were in the West (or the NL) they could make more noise.

Deuce

EOG Addicted

Jays are a joke. They need to find a better division. They get buried playing with those guys.