Why Are Florists Allowed To Price Gouge During Valentines Day?

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"
Roses, gifts, and other flowers are practically doubled in price by florists around Valentine's Day.

Why in the world is this not considered price gouging compared to other things that are? :+clueless

Re: Why Are Florists Allowed To Price Gauge During Valentines Day?

That's the American way. They aren't the only ones guilty of price gouging.

It is "gouging", whatever that is, but we will pay it anyway.

dirty

EOG Master

Around here we got Deadbeats selling Roses $10 dozen on the side of the road at Redlights...go buy you a $5 Vase at Family Dollar and you in Bizzness :cheers:cheers:cheers

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Around here we got Deadbeats selling Roses $10 dozen on the side of the road at Redlights...go buy you a $5 Vase at Family Dollar and you in Bizzness :cheers:cheers:cheers

I got a buddy who's wife owns a florist and he despises these guys. Haven't seen him in awhile but heard he is 2nd to the mayor of the city and i don't see these guys selling flowers on the corner anymore:LMAO Politics at its finest.

dirty

EOG Master
Re: Why Are Florists Allowed To Price Gouge During Valentines Day?

That is some funny stuff Thor...

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

That is some funny stuff Thor...

what is even funnier is that i was with the Mayor and the 2nd in command earlier in life and the stuff i could tell you about those two would get them right out of those jobs. Be throwing myself under the bus so i better not. One time with the mayor(before he became the mayor) he took me for a ride and i kept asking him where the hell are we going? He was married and next thing i know we are in this nasty broads apartment and he is paying for a blowjob. After he gets finished i hear her spitting (man im gonna throw up) in the sink. Then he ask me if i wanted any and he would pay. I said no thanks for goodness sakes.

dirty

EOG Master

what is even funnier is that i was with the Mayor and the 2nd in command earlier in life and the stuff i could tell you about those two would get them right out of those jobs. Be throwing myself under the bus so i better not. One time with the mayor(before he became the mayor) he took me for a ride and i kept asking him where the hell are we going? He was married and next thing i know we are in this nasty broads apartment and he is paying for a blowjob. After he gets finished i hear her spitting (man im gonna throw up) in the sink. Then he ask me if i wanted any and he would pay. I said no thanks for goodness sakes.

:+textinb3:+textinb3:+textinb3

MCP

im disappointed in you dirty.. you're a capatilist.. you should be saying this is smart on their part and if you dont like it dont buy it

im disappointed in you dirty.. you're a capatilist.. you should be saying this is smart on their part and if you dont like it dont buy it

I tried to. The market for this stuff is at it's height. Sellers should be able to set any price they want and the consumers will decide to pay it or not.

gopherbob

EOG Dedicated

I tried to. The market for this stuff is at it's height. Sellers should be able to set any price they want and the consumers will decide to pay it or not.

in econ 101, it's called supply and demand.

dirty

EOG Master

Never did I say for anyone not to buy it.... I think if you read my first post I said you could be out for $15 :+clueless

Just because I thought Thor's Post was funny means I don't want people to buy from these guys :whatever: To each their own...I don't give a rat's ass where anyone buys roses... They can pay $100 at the florist or $10 at the Grocery Store or one of these roadside guys... Makes no difference to me and Most likely No one will ever know the difference where you got them from

MCP

dude.. i said i was disappointed that you DIDN'T say that...

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here

Take into consideration that a loved one or a family member likes to be surprised when they receive the flowers via delivery, not as much directly from that person. Hence the delivery fees are just astronomical when you add the cost to the already expensive flowers you're paying for in the first place. Since V-Day is a once a year ocassion, that same bouquet you paid $79 to deliver FTD might cost you only $30 the next day. Sheer drama and suspense on the womens' part.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

No offense but I'm not buying the supply & demand theory....... :)

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

Those over priced Vermont Teddy Bears get to any chick. You can still look at it after five days. And if you are Winky you could probably ---- it to.

dirty

EOG Master

You can get them for 1/3 of the Price at Build a bear and pay a messenger to deliver it....

Thor4140

EOG Dedicated

You can get them for 1/3 of the Price at Build a bear and pay a messenger to deliver it....
Is it still a Vermont Teddy bear Dirty? Some of these broads like labels before the actual product.

rayray

EOG Dedicated

fuck buying a bear. thats highschool shit. real men go to cosco or sams and pay 20 bucks for roses and put them in a vase that we got fucked into buying a long time ago. all of this should be done while we are doing nothing all day and the little women is at work. i do not want to hear about you chumps getting suckered into paying a hundy for shit that will die in a few days, so keep the puzzywhipped stories to yourselves this holiday. thats all i gotta say bout that